Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I know it's been a while since the last update. I finally managed to rouse my coma-induced muse and write this update. It's a little angsty towards the end, but I'm pretty happy with it!

Enjoy!
What Now?

The Slytherin Common Room

Later that morning

Severus sat in the big cushy recliner looking at the boys in front of him. Hazel had gone with her daughter to collect their belongings from the Three Broomsticks. It had been determined that for all of their safety’s sakes, they would remain at the castle, safely hidden behind its walls.

Draco tucked his feet under him as he sat in a green upholstered chair. No one but the Slytherins knew he sat this way…and never would have in front of his now deceased father.

Next to him,sat Aubrey and Ambrosias in the similarily upholstered love seat. (Stella was still asleep resting from the blood drain during the night.)

“So what now, Uncle Sev? I’ve got a target painted on me…I can’t stay here as I am now.” Draco asked with a bit of anxiety in his voice.

We hide you in the open. Change your appearance…and clothing, In all reality you’ll have to lay aside your name and pureblood status to stay alive.

“I’ll do whatever I have to.” Draco said with resignation in his voice. “Mum and the baby are too important to me.”

“You can be our cousin…one of us!” Aubrey exclaimed in an excited voice.

A slow grin spread across Draco’s face. “That sounds wicked…I like it!…if Uncle Sev’s okay with it. Can we do the same for mum?” The last part of the question was directed towards the potions master.

Severus was quiet for a moment. "It can be done… there are a few identity draughts in one of the older books. Why don’t all of you get some play in today while I go research it? I’ll expect you to stay inside the wards of this castle and the grounds. You may go out on the quidditch pitch and down by Hagrid’s hut, but no further. Don’t forget those hooded fools may be scouring the grounds for you boys. And under no circumstances will you go off on your own. Can you boys do that?”

“Yes sir,” they all chorused before heading down to their dorms.

With a chuckle Severus got up and headed back to his private potions lab.


Draco sat on a bed across from what would be the one of the twins' bed the next school year. (Stella was still asleep in the fifth year’s dorm.) He watched as they pulled out outfit after outfit and presented it to them. Finally he stopped them as they pulled out a pair of black pants with grommets and silver laces up the sides.

“That one…it’s wicked.”

Aubrey grinned. “I thought you would. It’s that whole bad ass look.” He laid the pair of pants on the bed and cast a copy spell that immediately conjured an identical pair of pants.

With that done, Aubrey went back to the closet and searched for a moment. With a grin he pulled out a black tshirt with a silver snake over the heart. Unerneith it were the words “Slytherin Pride” embroidered in silver threads.

“Brilliant.” Draco said as the shirt was copied and reproduced.

After handing over a pair of brand new boxers and some socks, Aubrey said, “Go on, get dressed. It’s almost noon.”

Draco hesitated then began to change clothes…extremely fast but to Ambrosius… he may as well be in slow motion. Several scars crisscrossed his back and lower extremeties.

"You know, you really should tell father about those scars. He can heal them."

Draco blanched. “How… vampire. Father liked to punish me and when taking away my broom wasn’t enough, he resorted to other means…please, I didn’t want anyone to know about them.”

"I got the same treatment from the Dursleys.” Harry said. “But the both of our tormentors are gone…we can go to my father and get those lashes taken care of…even Madame Pomfrey. She can have them gone before dinner tonight.”

Draco was quiet as he finished dressing.

“Alright, fine. Might as well get it over with.”

As they enetered the Hospital Wing, they saw the Medi-Witch standing over Narrcissa’s bed. The mother to be was still under the magicly induced coma…and she looked so at peace.

“Mum.” Draco whispered as he approached the bed.

“She’s doing well, I’ve healed her up and both your mother and baby sister are safe and well.” The healer smiled at the Slytherin. “Now, my dear, what can I help you with?”

“My scars…I was wondering if you could make them go away.”

“Yes, I’ve been meaning to address your scars and wounds.” the witch said knowingly.

“You knew?” Draco asked in astonishment.

"Of course my dear. I saw the state of your mother and figured that you would be in the same if now worse state. Now, if you would, go behind that curtain and strip down to your boxers and lay on your stomach.

Draco was blushing hotly as he hurried to do as he was told.


Severus’ private lab

Severus carefully turned page after page of the old book. It’s pages were slightly yellowed and only a little brittle. It wasn’t and ancient tome but it was still old. In fact it had belonged to his mother who was also an amazing potionier.

She had bought it during her Hogwarts years and it had been found in the prince vault not long after she died.

And there it was.

Severus grinned as he read the title:

Alteration Potion

It was a concoction similar to Polyjuice potion, but once drunk, the draft would alter the appearance indefinitely…until the counter potion was taken…other wise, the effects would last forever.

It was a potion that was a master level potion and wasn’t cheap to make…and it took a whole day to brew…and it had to constantly be watched over.

But Severus knew he could do it flawlessly.

And so he set to work with gusto befitting his profession, first lighting the fire under the giant cauldron and then adding the water.

He really did love brewing his potions.


A couple hours later

Because the sun was still out, Ambrosias once again donned his charmed cloak and stepped with the boys into the daylight. They were heading down to the black lake along with some goodies and drinks. Aubrey had hesitated not wanting to make his twin uncomfortable, but after some good natured bickering, caved in and so now they stood at the foot of a giant tree by the lake.

“So, what’s up with the girl?” Asked Draco pulling out a still cold butter beer.

“Stella and I are imprinted, I drank her blood last night to purge my system. Ambrosias answered. “Once we’re both of age, we’ll bond. it’s the vampire equivalent of marriage.”

“That sounds a lot like an arranged marriage.” Draco said with a dark voice. “Doesn’t it bother that you won’t get to choose your wife?”

The vampire shook his head. "No, we both chose this…and I didn’t want to say anything, but from the time I saw her in the family cemetery, we were kind of drawn to each other. I’m perfectly fine with her as my bondmate. She offered her blood to me freely so I could purge the dark tank that your wonderful auntie’s blood left in me…” Ambrosias trailed off, flushing at what he’d just said.

“Draco…I’m sorry.”

The blonde waved him off. “You did me a favor by getting rid of her…she was insane and scarier then Umbridge. I won’t be mourning her anytime soon.”

"And that’s saying something too.” Harry said. “Old Toady was a nightmare.”

“What made her so bad?” Ambrosius asked.

Aubrey showed him his hand. Though somewhat faded, the words were still visible. “She used a blood quill on me and several other students. I was supposed to write lines for her with the quill, but instead of ink on paper, the words were etched in my own blood…on my hand. It’s illegal but she felt herself above the law and had the minister eating out of her hand.”

Ambrosias shivered. “She sounds like a death eater to me.”

“She was, in secret.” Draco replied. “She acted all uppity, but it was all an act. She may deny it, but she’s as much a one as Father was.” Saying this he looked at Aubrey. I would never have joined her little group but Father insisted on it. To disobey him was unheard of and would have earned more punishment with that cane of his.”

Draco’s eyes had darkened considerably.

“Can you believe that he wanted me to marry that Parkinson chit. I hated having her hanging all over me! She was smothering me! All to give him an heir to the Malfoy name and to strengthen the lines. I’m glad he’s dead!” This last part was shouted. "I didn’t want to rape the Weasley girl or join the Moldy Voldy's disgusting ranks. It’s beneath me!”

"And I killed my him. I’ve tainted myself by committing murder…especially by killing my father…I used an unforgivable on him…” saying this Draco closed his eyes and hurriedly wiped away the tears that had begun to well up.

"There’s no shame in crying Dragon.” The vampire said. "And you didn’t commit murder. Even though you cast the killing curse, you did so in defense of your mother. Because of you, your mother’s alive and so is your baby sister.”

"That sounds more like heroism, then murder.” Aubrey finished for his brother. “And you get to be a big brother. That’s something we won’t have.”

"At least not yet. I know Father’s pretty cozy with Hazel. They spent the night together last night.”

“How do you know?” Draco asked.

Ambrosias grinned. “Vampirism.”

“We move on then?” Aubrey said holding up his bottle that still sported some frost on the outside of the bottle.

"I’ll drink to that." Draco said. “Cheers!”

After clinking their bottles together they all took a deep swig and settled back to eat the snacks.

"What about you, Aubrey?" Draco asked. "You still got your eyes on the Weasily girl?”

"She’s forbidden fruit. I have absolutely no chance with her…not with Ron hovering over her. I’m a wicked Slytherin who’s trying to steal her virtue.”

Draco took on a wicked look and twisted the end of an imaginary mustache. “Yes, we are diabolical villains, out seduce innocent virgins and steal their fortunes. Mwahahahahahahah!”

Aubrey grinned and took on a similarly sinister voice. “After all, Girls love really bad boys…”

That was all it took for them to dissolve into giggling fits that no girls would ever hear from them…ever.

In that moment, as Severus was adding the last of the potion ingrediants to the brew,  Draco finally felt like he belonged…what he had now was more then just two best friends.

He’d gained two brothers.

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all liked this! Reviews will really help to keep my muse awake! :D