Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Dumbledore is meddling again...this time, its a good thing.
Secrets Revelations

The Next Morning

Severus carefully decanted the potion and securely fitted the cork into place. The potion was finally ready…well, as soon as some one’s blood was added. He didn’t know who’s it would be yet. That was completely up to the drinker…in this case, Draco.

He looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was nearly time for breakfast. The boys would no doubt be up there already. After setting his lab in order again, he hurried back to his quarters where he bathed and dressed.

When that was done, he made his way up to the Great Hall. Where the morning meal was already being served. Hazel was sitting with her daughter at the Slytherin table, across from the boys. They were all talking amongst themselves. He smiled at them as he headed up to the teacher’s table.

Dumbledore nodded to him in greeting as he sat down. “Good Morning Severus. I trust the potion is a success?”

“Yes Albus. All that remains to be done is the adding of blood. Then Draco will be safe.”

“I’m glad you said that, Severus. I have an errand for you to do…it concerns his safety and Narcissa’s as well.”

“What are you up to Old Man?” Snape asked suspiciously.

“I’ve hired a solicitor to help them make the transition. He’s a clever as they come and he’s also a former Slytherin. I would like you to meet him at The Leaky Cauldron after breakfast, Lord Valandil will be waiting for you.”

“Valandil? Victor Valandil?” Severus said in an intrigued tone of voice.

“The same.” the headmaster answered. “He’s a wizarding lawyer and he’s shrewd. He’s even considering joining the order.”

Severus nodded. He was clever even in school. “All right. I’ll leave right after breakfast.”

Dumbledore nodded and then both were quiet as Severus dug into his food.

When breakfast was over, Severus approached the table. Aubrey, Draco and Ambrosia looked up at him. “Finish breakfast and then come down to my quarters. Something’s come up.”

Hazel got up and followed him. They didn’t speak much until they reached the dungeons. “Severus, is everything okay?”

“That meddling old man is helping things along. He’s hired a solicitor to square away Narcissa and Draco. I’m supposed to meet him at the Leaky Cauldron.”

“Would you like me to come along?“

Severus smiled at her. “I appreciate your worry, Hazel, but I shall be fine. It’s not a Death Eater meeting.”

“Do you even know who it is your meeting? It could be anyone.”

“I’m not going into this meeting blindly. It’s Victor Valandil and a Slytherin. Only a fool would ambush me in the middle of a pub.”

Hazel didn’t look convinced.

“If I show up with an entourage, it’ll draw attention.”

Hazel bit her lip. The last thing she wanted was to be clingy. Severus kissed her gently.

“But if we’re going to alter Draco’s appearance, some shopping will be in order. So, while I’m in the meeting, you can take Aubrey to get Draco’s new wardrobe. That way if something goes wrong, you’ll be close enough to offer backup.”

Hazel was quiet for a moment. “Very well, Kelly’s been begging to go shopping and it’s been ages since I’ve been to Diagon Alley. Kelly will be thrilled to go.”

Severus grinned at her and kissed her again. It was a soft kiss at first until Hazel returned it…and with each passing minute, it got hotter and hotter…and that was how the boys and Kelly found them.

“Um…Dad?”

“Uncle Severus?”

“Told you so.”

“Mum?”

That broke things up pretty fast. Severus felt himself blush, but he hastily covered it up with a glare directed at the children. “In my quarters…now.”

When they were comfortably seated, Severus directed his attention to Draco.

“Headmaster Dumbledore has hired a solicitor to help with your transition. I had hoped that he would have let me in on this before sticking his nose where it doesn’t belong. But he’s already set up a meeting. According to pureblood tradition, you are the eldest male and the heir to the family fortune. If you would like, you may accompany me to the meeting.”

“But what if I’m spotted? I’m a target.”

“You can be me. It’s easy as a glamour.” Ambrosias said, “Besides, being in the sun is uncomfortable. I’d prefer to stay here in the dungeons until the sun goes down.”

“That’s the other I wanted to talk about.” Severus said inserting himself into the conversation. “The potion is finished…but its up to you to decide who’s blood to use. This change is permanent until the counter potion is created. I’d advise you to choose wisely.”

Draco nodded thoughtfully. “I’d like to think about it some more.”

Severus nodded and then switched his attention to Aubrey. “While Draco and I are at the meeting, you will accompany Hazel and Kelly while they do some shopping. Once the meeting is over, we’ll head back to the clothing store so Draco can chose his attire. In order to complete this ruse, he’ll need a whole new wardrobe and look. Then once we get back, we’ll complete the potion.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hospital Wing

Poppy stood over Narcissa’s bed doing the morning’s examination. While the blonde was in a coma, the medi- witch had been spelling nutrient potions into her stomach and been keeping a close watch on both mother and baby.

But now she’d reversed the magically induced coma and Narcissa would soon begin to wake fully rested and healed…at least physically. The elderly healer had no idea what her mental state would be.

For now, she pulled up a chair and opened up her favorite book and began to keep watch.


 

The Leaky Caldron

One hour later

Severus and Draco (who was now the perfect copy of Ambrosias) strode into the tavern. They walked up to the bar owner ,Tom, and spoke in a low voice.

“I’m here to meet with Lord Valandil.”

The barkeep nodded. “Up the stairs in room 222.”

Thanking the man, the both of them proceeded to the room. Knocking twice, the door was open to reveal a tall wizard with long brown hair the was now tied back. He had an elfin face with brown eyes and wore a simple black robe with green snakes embroidered down the front. Underneath his robe he wore a pair of black slacks and shirt that buttoned down the front.

He gave them both a genial smile and stepped back to where a bed had been transfigured into a desk. Two plush chairs were settled in front of the desk and an even more comfy chair was seated behind.

“Please, gentleman, have a seat.”

Once his clients were seated the solicitor waved his wand which activated the privacy wards in the makeshift office.

Once he himself had a seat, Lord Valandil pulled out an expensive looking folder and opened it up. Inside were a notepad and a magic quill.

“Would you two like any drinks before we get started? I took the liberty of ordering some butter beer earlier and they’ve still got the chill charm on them.”

Draco nodded. “Thank you sir.”

Severus also accepted the offer.

Once the drinks were served, they settled down to business.

“Now then, Mr. Snape and Mr. Malfoy, I was surprised to get Dumbledore’s firecall this morning. He’s already told me all the details and I’ve had my fill of lemon drops for the rest of the Summer.”

Draco/Ambrosias smirked at this comment.

“So, please tell me how I may serve you.”

“It’s simple really.” Severus replied in a business-like voice. “With Luscious Malfoy deceased, his heir, Draco needs to get the vault put in his name. But we fear that You Know Who will be out for vengeance, therefore, we need the new vault to bear an alternate name…at least until The Dark Lord is vanquished.”

Lord Valandil nodded. “That’s easily done, with his father deceased, the vault will naturally go to Draco. The man paused as he pulled out some fresh parchment and another quill. “You also stated that you wish to remain anonymous, so I suggest that your first write a missive to the goblins naming me as your solicitor and that you wish to move half of the Malfoy holdings to a new vault under the name you chose. To make it official you’ll need to apply your family seal and then hand it over to me.”

“Now, are there any questions or concerns about this course of action?

Draco was quiet for a moment. “How do I know I can trust you? How much did the headmaster tell you.”

The solicitor seemed to be expecting this. “You are most definitely a Slytherin. I was wondering when you voice this concern. I want you to know that you can trust me. Do not reveal this to anyone, but in our sixth year at Hogwarts, your mother and I were seriously dating. I had her engagement ring bought and was planning to propose to her. But when I went to ask for her hand, her father refused on the sole basis that I was a half blood and he revealed to me that she was already promised to the Luscious. I was all for running away but your mother was too afraid to disobey her father…so all I could do was step back and let it happen.”

The lawyer had to take a deep breath. “So you see, I would rather slit my own throat then to do anything to her only son. I suspect that this was another reason that the headmaster contacted me.”

Draco looked at him wide-eyed. “I thought I heard of your name before, there were a few times when I heard them arguing…and your name did come up a alot.”

That meddling Old Codger.” Severus said with a dark amusement. “That must have taken a lot of courage to share such intimate details.” He looked at Draco. “Is this enough to set you at ease?”

Draco nodded. “More then enough.” saying this, he began to write the letter and as his quill scratched the parchment, he vaguely heard Severus speaking to the lawyer again.

“If you wish, you may come with us to Hogwarts. Madame Pomfrey has been overseeing her care. She’s been in a coma for a few days now since the incident.”

“Done.” Draco said as he applied the seal to a bit of wax that had been provided.

The lawyer looked it over and then nodded in satisfaction.

Severus then spoke again. “Now, what do we owe you for your services.”

“Nothing. I’m doing this all for free. I hated Luscious with a passion and want to see Narcissa and her son safe. It’s as the Muggles call it, pro-bono.”

Draco had been quiet for a moment…as he looked the wizard over. He turned to Severus. “Uncle, what if we use his blood for the potion?”

Are you sure you would wish to do this?”

“Well, if Lord Valandil is up to it. I think it would be a good way to defy father’s wishes…I bet mum would love it.”

A slow smile spread across the solicitor's face. “It would be an honor.”


 

The trio met up with Aubrey, Kelly and Hazel not long afterwards. Aubrey and Draco made a beeline for the dark clothing section and before long, the both of them were headed for the changing rooms.

As the did, Severus spoke to Lord Valandil. “I admire you’re honesty, Victor. You must really care about Draco to reveal such intimate details to him.”

The elfin like man nodded. "I wanted to put him at ease. It’s the least I can do for him. He would have been my child if that bastard father of hers hadn’t been so prejudiced. The day she married Luscious was the day I wanted to die.”

“Are you planning to pursue her again?”

“I want to,” Victor answered. “But I don’t know if she’d still have me…no telling what that scum sack did to her. But for now, I want to ensure their safety. My ancestral home, Stone Hill Manor, is still standing and it’s a fortress. The wards were set by master mages. The both of them will be safe there…if she’ll allow it."

“It’s a good plan…but it’s still up to her.” Saying this, Severus cancelled the muffling charm that he’d cast when they’d started talking.

Immediately, they saw the boys heading towards them with arms full of clothes. Severus eyed them with raised eyebrows. “Have you got everything you need? It looks like you picked out one of everything.”

Draco/Ambrosias looked sheepish. “I know…I can pay you back for this.”

“Nonsense.” Victor said. “I’ll cover this. A boy needs his clothes.”

Once everything was purchased, they headed back towards the Leaky Caldron. Severus and Hazel walked behind the group, hand in hand and enjoying every moment of it. Aubrey looked behind him and smiled seeing the look of pure happiness on his father’s face.

Draco/Ambrosias was very quiet as he contemplated all that happened…then his thoughts turned to his mother.

I hope she wakes up soon.


Hogwarts Infirmary

Several hours had passed since the spell had been reversed. Madame Pomfrey was once again, performing a diagnostic charm on the sleeping beauty. Everything still looked good. Narcissa was coming to.

Poppy looked up hearing footsteps approaching the door. Draco was the first to emerge and he walked briskly to his mother’s side. Just behind him was another man, this one was the personification of Tall dark and handsome.

Still she kept up her professionalism and spoke to Draco. Your mother is completely healed and she’s coming to. She’ll be happy to see you.

Draco took his mum’s hand and also sat where the healer had previously been sitting.

Narcissa’s eyes opened a moment later. “Draco! “

“Mum!”

“You’re alive…I was so worried for you!”

Draco hugged his mum tightly. “I’m fine, Uncle Sev has been taking care of me .”

Narcisa kissed his forehead and then looked up at Severus who was standing back from the rest of the group.

“Thank you Severus.”

The potions master inclined his head.

It was then that she noticed the other man in the room…and she gasped. “Victor!”

The solicter grinned at her as he came closer. In the flesh…I’ve been called in to help you and draco transition…and I have an offer for you…”

Severus spoke up then. I’ll just leave you three to talk. Draco, Victor, when you’re ready you can come down to the dungeon and we’ll complete the potion. Then he gently ushered his son out of the room.


Later that night

Draco entered the dungeon with Lord Valandil at his side. Narcissa, still a little weak from her coma had kissed her son’s forehead and then faded into another restful sleep.

It had also been decided that the both of them would go and live with Victor at the manor until school started.

Severus stood in front of a miniature caldron where the potion was simmering, ready for the next step…the adding of blood. To prevent any adverse reactions from the blood being added. Ambrosias was hiding with Stella in the Great Hall, until everything was over with and the transformation complete.

Severus looked up at Victor and spoke in a serious tone. "To make this potion active, you must declare that the blood given is voluntary and free of coercion."

Lord Victor nodded. "To save the life of a innocent boy, I, Lord Victor Valandil, give my blood freely to this transforming concoction“

As this was said, Severus pricked the other wizards palm and let a tiny stream of blood flow into the cauldron.

After healing the wound, Severus turned to Draco. “Draco, you must also declare that you accept the gift willingly and without coercion.”

Draco nodded. "I gratefully and freely accept this gift of blood and protection. I also declare that I have not been coerced in any way, shape, or form."

Severus nodded and then stirred the potion 7 times clockwise and 7 times counterclockwise. Once he had ladled some into a stainless steel cup, he handed it to Draco.

They all watched then as Draco drank the potion and then grimaced a bit…then he began to change. The progress was slow but soon, his features began to morph. His eyes took on a more hazle hue (traits from his mother’s side) . His hair softened a bit and grew longer and strangely enough, turned brown with a few blonde streaks in it.

A few minutes passed and then Draco began to get taller. He grew inch by inch and soon was about 6 inches taller. The last to change was his face. It went from aristocratic to a more elf like shape.

The whole transformation took about 10 minutes and when it was done, Draco Malfoy was gone…in his place was a whole new wizard. He looked around them with an expectant expression.

“Well, how do I look.?”

Victor beamed. “Like my son.”

Chapter End Notes:
So, what did you think? Now that Draco's been settled into the story, its time for some more Severus/Aubrey/Ambrosius/Hazel action.

most likely I will pick this up at the start of the school year.

Please be kind and leave flameless reviews!