Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
The ruse has been completed and talks of the future will be discussed.
The Ruse is Completed

The Next Morning

Draco stood in front of the mirror and looked himself over. It was something new for him. Truly, he was not himself anymore. His father’s visage was gone from him. He couldn’t be happier.

He wardrobe for this first day included his Slytherin shirt and the bondage pants (or as he called them…the bad ass pants) He looked up at his hair which had grown a little longer overnight adding to his elfish look.

Draco grinned. I look good.

A knock came at the door and Aubrey opened it, admitting Draco’s ‘sire’.

Lord Valandil walked up to him watching him preen in the mirror.

"I had a feeling you may need this…if you don’t want your hair getting in your way." Saying this, he produced a leather braided tie from his pocket. “It’s more masculine then a girl’s pony tail holder. This leather is pretty high quality.”

After fixing the hair accessory in place, he smiled at him. “You’ll need to think of a new name for yourself. You’re not Draco Malfoy anymore.”

The newly changed boy nodded. “If I had been born to you, what would you have named me?”

Victor glanced at him. “I’ve always liked Darcy. It would seem to fit you. It’s an Gaelic name for “Dark,” he grinned. “The girls will love that name too.”

At Draco’s blank look he sighed. “Darcy was the name of the male character in a Muggle book called “Pride and Prejudice. You would seem to fit the visage perfectly…if you were to take it of course.”

Draco looked at his reflection again. "Darcy. Darcy Valandil…Darcy Prince… I think I like Darcy Valandil better.”

The older man grinned. "Then a Valandil you shall be. Your mother and I talked this morning. To keep your growing safe, she will be masked as our love child…maybe when this war is over and the Moldy Voldy is dead, we can make it permanent.”

“You’re going to marry mum?”

Victor grinned. “We’ll see. Your mother and I were very much in love during our Hogwarts years. We’ve both changed…I regret not fighting for her when we were younger. Maybe now, I can make up for that…I’ll have to start all over again…woo her as it were. I’m afraid I don’t know enough about her to do that.”

“I know my mum better then anyone. I’ll tell you everything I know.”

Victor grinned at Draco. “All in good time, I say we go to breakfast first. I’m starving.”


Meanwhile, in the Great Hall

Severus sat with his sons. “What will happen this next year?” asked Aubrey. “Will I have to resume being Harry Potter?”

Severus grimaced as he thought of all the alternatives. “That is up to you Son. Unfortunately, there is still the prophecy. Even though I take no stock whatsoever, in divination especially from a seer such as Trelawny. The Dark Lord has already marked you.”

"I’m still the bloody savior of the wizarding world. I hate fame and the like and I never wanted to be the center of attention. But if I must retain that ‘mask’ even to maintain morale, I’ll do it.”

“Certainly not, Severus,” Lord Valandil said as he approached the table. "You can’t possibly be thinking of putting your son in danger.”

Severus rolled his eyes. "No, of course not. I’m not about to set my son to the slaughter or at the mercy of that madman.” He’ll only have to retain his former identity to keep the peace. If any one shall destroy that demon, it’ll be me…and no other.”

“Dad, I don’t want you to die. I just got you back.”

Severus laughed. “Trust me, Aubrey. He’s underestimated me all this time. He doesn’t stand a chance against me.”

Victor nodded as he sat down. A father’s wrath is second only to a mother’s wrath and both are terrible things to face.”

Severus exhaled. "But for now, we need to discuss other things, such as next week... when school starts back. Would you children like to ride the Express with your friends or stay here?”

The boys looked at each other. "I’ve always wanted to ride the express.” Ambrosius said from beneath his hood.

We could always make a mini holiday of it.” Aubrey said. "I rather liked staying at the Leaky Caldron, even if it was just me. We could have a lot of fun.”

Severus sighed theatrically. “Great, two hyper teenagers spending my money and staying up all night. However shall I survive?”

Lord Valandil chuckled. “Its called a silencing charm…or you could do it the old fashioned way and use a gag.”

“We’ll be good dad, we promise.” The twins said in unison.

Severus shook his head in resignation. "Fine, but if we’re do take this ‘mini vacation’ we will do so in better rooms then the Leaky Cauldron. How about in the Enchanted Towers. They even have a swimming pool and Jacuzzi."

"I’ve never heard of that place." Aubrey said.

“That’s because it’s very high end.” Draco said. “Father…Luscious didn’t like that place because it’s run by a half bloods and the house elves that work there are paid. But I’ve always wanted to go there.”

“It sounds brilliant,” Aubrey said.

“I can hardly wait!” finished his twin.

Lord Valandil put a hand on Draco’s shoulder. “I think we may join you after we get settled in at Valandil Manor. That should give you and your sons time to relax and have some fun. We can meet you the day before.”

That’s acceptable." Severus said as he finished his breakfast. 

A few moments passed and then Aubrey looked up at his friend again. "What shall we call you, now that you’re someone new."

“My name is Darcy now, Darcy Valandil.”

“I like it, it sounds so regal…just like the novel.” Hazel said as she and Kelly came into the room. "We just wanted to come and say goodbye, we’re heading back to The Three Broomsticks and then to Ireland. I’ve decided that it’s time to reconnect with my clan. It’s been too long and I think that Kelly should enjoy seeing where the Hazel-eyes clan is from."

Severus nodded at her, they’d discussed the trip when they once again woke up in each other’s arm. He got up immediately and approached her. They walked in to a backroom for a proper good bye.

When they were alone, Severus turned to her. “Please be careful Hazel. I only just found you.”

Hazel kissed him softly. “It’s Bridget now, Sev. I’m taking up my formal name again. It’s time for me to stop hiding. I know now that I have you and the security that comes with it…and it’s only for a week. In only two years, Kelly will come of age. All her life I’ve told her of our people. I’ve made contact with the Hazeleyes clan, they want her to come and complete the coming of age ritual. It’s going to be fun.”

“Then we’ll celebrate when you come back to Hogwarts.”

Bridget smiled and kissed him again. Go bond with your sons. They’ve missed far too much time with you.”

Severus grinned and kissed her again. See you at the feast then, I love you Bridgett.”

"As do I.” Bridget said before allowing her lover to lead her back to the Great Hall.

After goodbyes were said, Bridget and her daughter headed out the doors and were soon gone.

When it was just them again, Severus said, “I’m going to head out and make the arrangements for our vacation. You boys better go pack and then I’d suggest you two go speak with the coven and let them know what is going on. We can leave as soon as the sun goes down.”

The boys looked at each other excitedly before almost running out the door and down to the dungeons.

Severus grinned as they went and then departed the castle.

It would be fun to plan a few surprises for his sons…his lost treasures.

Chapter End Notes:
Just the epilog is next, what did you think of this chapter, reviews make me happy!