Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so thrilled that this story as gone over as well as it did!

Fair warning: This story has a bit of a dark aire to it, things won't be as soft and cudly as I'm sure you're all used to. I hope you stick around for it anyway!

This challenge calls for a 'Dark Harry' so that is how he'll be written as!

Thanks so much to everyone who has reviewed!
Mathais

Paris, France

16 years later

The moon had just chased the sun below the horizon and dusk covered the earth.

It was finally safe for Mathias to come out from the shadows. It had been only a week since the young vampire was changed...and in only those few days his life was irrevocably altered.

For a first, he couldn’t go out in the day, doing so would be deadly to his kind. Secondly, human food no longer had an appeal, which really sucked cause that meant he’d never eat chocolate ice cream or pudding again. No more cookies, Butter Beer, or tea. No sodas or milk either.

Now, he only thirsted for blood.

Thirdly, his parents were dead, completely drained of all blood…and he was an orphan.

The only positive thing was that his magical abilities and senses were now heightened. He could see in the dark and most importantly, he could sense auras, and he could see under concealment charms, invisibility cloaks and even tell when glamours were being used.

Mathias stopped by a magnificent fountain and looked into his reflection.

His physical appearance hadn’t changed a whole lot since he’d been bitten.

Like before, he was skinny, but muscular. He had long dark hair and a small nose, and his lips were full and lush. As he’d discovered when several girls had attempted to seduce him. None of them had been successful.

This, he’d been told by the coven that discovered him, helped the modern vampire to lure his/her victim in so that he could drink.

The Parisian coven that he belonged to were comprised of only 4 other creatures. Two adults, and two other teens, the latter had been discovered in much the same way as himself.

The female, named Jacqueline, was hauntingly beautiful with her thick brown hair and brown eyes. She stood as tall as he was and come into her womanly curves just before turning into the nocturnal creature she was now. The only human traits she’d managed to retain was her desire for fine clothing and her love of reading.

She’d been the one to bring him blood, fresh from a nameless victiim that she’d seduced in the shadows. She’d drank half of the man’s blood before bottling it and bringing it to him in the flask she’d ‘obtained’ for him.

The other teenaged immortal  called himself Perseus. This vampire had a fondness for old Greco/roman myths and had taken the name of the greek hero as his own. He was, in short a genius who stood only a little taller then Mathias and had short blonde hair and piercing eyes. And  though he didn’t need them, he wore glasses. (he'd warn them while he was mortal and he felt naked without them.) He wasn’t as fashion conscious as his mate, but he didn’t wear rags either. Jacqueline was directly responsible for his attire, to which she was very proud of.

Inshort, they were pleasant to be around, and drove the adult vampires crazy.

The leader of the clan was Andreas and his mate was called Alexis. They had been around for more then 50 years, and being vamps, didn’t age even a little bit. They still looked to be around 30.

It was a nice little coven that had found him, and though he was grateful to them, Mathias felt that he belonged elsewhere.

And so it was, that after registering with the vampire high council, he went on his way.

The first place he looked was his old house. The bloodless corpses had long been removed and would be buried the very next day in the Saint Francis‘ Cemetery.

The house would also shortly be auctioned off by the bank. Already, a moving van was in the driveway. Tomorrow, the movers would be removing all the furniture in preparation for the sale.

So swiftly, he entered the home, through a broken window, the same one used by the rouge vampire to break into the house. He shuddered for a moment at the memory, but took a deep breath and kept going.

Up the stairs and to the left was his father’s study. Mathias Sr. didn’t have much trust in banks and so kept his savings in the upstairs safe.

It didn’t bother him much that he didn’t have the combination. After all, he devastatingly strong, yet another perk to being immortal. With a short yank, the safe was open. It took less then five minutes to put all the money in his old school bag and grab his broom.

Once he was out in the country, he activated the notice-me-not charm and shot into the sky. Once he was up, he made for England.

He didn’t know why, but that’s where his vampire senses were leading him.

~*~*~*~*~*~

#4 Privet Dr

Little Whinging, Surrey

Durlsey’s Residence

Harry James Potter lay on the floor completely uncounsious. The bars were still in place where his horrible Muggle uncle had screwed them into place two years ago. Though they had been temporarily unscrewed, he returned end of year to see them back in place.

From the moment he walked in the door, he’d been thrown into this room and only let out to do yard work or to weed the garden. His muscles ached, his skin was sunburned and his morale was almost non existent.

He’d been staring at these 4 walls since school ended…

4 weeks ago!

Every morning, noon and night he was fed, through the little doggy door and even those meals weren’t enough to satiate his hunger pains. (mostly, it was a stale peace of toast and a half a cup of soup along with a bottle of water. It wasn’t enough! His growing body needed more!

Starvation was the least of his problems though. Dudley and his gang had cornered him that day, he couldn’t use magic to defend himself and though he threw several good punches, he’d still been outnumbered. They’d beaten him up, and left him for dead in the sweltering heat of the day.

A witch had found him less then an hour later. She’d spread some kind of lotion on his skin and she’d taken him to a local restaurant and bought him lunch. And though she didn’t want to, he’d been taken back to the Durlsey’s.

Upon opening the door, he’d been roughly grabbed thrown to the floor of the living room and then Dudley told them all the story about how Harry had attacked them for no reason at all. To add insult to injury, the pig of a boy said that Harry’d threatened to kill him if he told anyone.

Of course, like before the horrid Muggles bought the story hook, line, and sinker. Like all the other times, Vernon had taken out his belt, ripped harry’s shirt off and proceeded to whip his nephew, much to Petunia’s protest.

“Vernon, take him somewhere else! I don’t want blood on my nice carpet!”

“I’ve had enough of him Petunia! The boy got dumped on us. Tomorrow, he’s off to St. Brutus’! I’m gonna kill the owl and burn all that rubbish in his school trunk. Once he’s gone, his name will never be spoken in my presence ever again!”

"But Vernon, that wizard gave me instructions to not kick him out of the house!"

“Then let that old crack pot bastard say it to my face! I won’t let the old bugger dictate our lives any longer! He’s gone tomorrow, dead or alive!”

And so Harry lay unconscious on the floor of his room, where his uncle and cousin had tossed him, unaware of how his life was about to change.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Spinner’s End

Severus Snape took another drink of fire whisky and stared sullenly into the flames. 16 years had passed by and he still hadn’t been able to find his long lost son.

Where could he be?

In his hand was an enlarged wizard sonogram taken by the medi- witch just before his triplet sons were born. He’d been so excited to know that in just a few short hours he’d be a father!

He had to wonder, just what horrible sin had he committed to deserve such misery he lived in?

He had to teach the son of his hated rival every year, Harry Bloody Potter.

That jack ass had gotten to be a father, and he’d been the biggest prat in the world! Severus himself had been a studious lad, never missed an assignment, had devoted himself to potion making (in order to save lives) had been spying on Voldemort to save the effing wizarding world and this was the thanks he got?

In what sick demented twist of fate did he get the worst of everything?

With a sudden burst of rage, Severus gulped down the rest of the shot glass and then hurled the glass into the fireplace.

He was already quite inebriated. So all he could do was stumble to his bed and fall in, still clothed in his trousers and peasant shirt and fall in to a drunken sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Hogsmead

Bridgett Hazeleyes now known as simply Hazel lay in her bed. In the next room, her daughter, Kelley slept on through the night, completely oblivious to her mother’s secret.

Bridget had turned in her auror robes and badge the same night she’d found the Potter baby. It had been the worst night of her life. Her handsome lover and partner had sacrificed his life, throwing himself in front of the killing curse so she could live…so she could save the Potter boy.

It wasn’t long afterwards, that she found herself to be pregnant. Of course, she couldn’t continue in her perilous line of work, so she quit the force’ as the Muggles phrased it. And then she fled to Hogsmead. Not long afterward, she got in contact with her old friend Madame Rosemerta who’d given her a job as a waitress.

And when Kellie was born, Bridgett was allowed to take a whole three months off while she settled her baby girl in. In the time honored tradition, going back to the early days of the Hazeleye’s clan, she blessed her daughter with a strong name.

(In old Gaelic, the name Kelley meant strong battle maiden) and as the child grew taught her the old stories, who to speak Gaelic and how to write in the old language, along with ancient spells long used in her family lines.

She’d been so happy, when her baby girl got her acceptance letter from Hogwarts. (She was sorted into Slytherin) With Kelley in school. She could once again take up her vigilance of the Potter boy.

Her lover Fionn had sacrificed himself for her…and by extension, 'The Boy Who Lived'. She was not about to let his sacrifice be in vain.

Today, she had once again visited Surrey and had not been happy with what she’d seen.

Dumbledore was daft if he couldn’t see what was going on. She’d begged the old bugger to remove him from his relatives house ,but he’d stood by the ‘old bloodwards excuse’.

But as the wisest of all wizards, wouldn’t he have known that the very moment Harry ceased to recognize the house as home, the wards would fail?

Was he blind as well as stupid?

She decided then and there, that she would ask the patroness of The Three Broomsticks to keep and eye on her daughter while she took matters into her own hands!

Chapter End Notes:
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! What did you all think of Hazel and Mathias?

Leave Reviews!