Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
The Snape family returns to Hogwarts and the twins discuss school and girls. *typical guy stuff*
Settling In

Hogwarts

Snape’s Quarters

Severus opened the door to his sitting room and his sons walked through. The room was comfortably appointed with two leather couches and an old winged back chair with ottoman. On the wall along with the obligatory Slytherin banner were several plaques showing their father’s mastery.

But more importantly, just above the mantle was a picture of their mother and father… it was a wedding picture. The two of them were looking steadily into each others eyes…and then the figures kissed.

Their mother had been so beautiful. She wore a dazzling white wedding gown with a long lace train. Her silky black hair was pulled back and held in place by a fancy clip. A few soft tendrils hung down and curled around her fairy like face.

Their father looked dashingly handsome. In the picture, he wore a richly appointed black dress robes that had a thick green lining. His hair was pulled back and tied at the nape of his neck. His eyes were shining as he leaned forward to kiss his wife.

Next to that picture was another, one of their mother in a green nightgown cradling three babies. Her face was flushed with exhaustion but she looked so very pleased with herself. Beside her was their father who beamed at them he leaned over and kissed her sweetly on the lips.

They both looked so happy.

In the next second, Severus put a comforting hand on both their shoulders. “That’s enough my sons. I know you’re exhausted. Aubrey, why don’t you show your brother up to the quarters? You’ll be on the sixth floor this year. Your things are already up there. Don’t forget to put your clothes away.”

"Yes father."

"You’re both old enough to get up on time, I’m hope. I’ll expect the both you down here by 9 tomorrow for breakfast."

Both boys hugged their father and then bounded for the stairs.

Severus shook his head and then headed to his room. Normally he would have disciplined them for behaving like wild hippogriffs, but he was just so thrilled to have them in his life that he mearly headed for his bed room.

Once in his room, he closed the doors and began to disrobe. As he did he inspected himself in the mirror. Only two people in the entirety of his adult life knew just how muscular he was. Those people were Madame Pomfrey and his late wife. All those years spent stooping over cauldrons and stirring the potions had resulted in just how powerfully built he was. He wasn’t one to preen at his own reflection, but even he had to admit that his psysique could rival many of those Muggle bodybuilders.

With a chuckle, he had to wonder weather a certain ex auror would approve. He was not like that prancing peacock Guilderoy Lockheart, but still…

A moment later he shook himself and proceeded to put on a pair of boxers and then climbed into bed.

As he did heaved a big sigh. He would never have admitted it before, but he was terribly lonely and had been so for many years. But maybe now, he may get to fall in love again. It had been way too long since he’d shared his bed with another person.

He’d been to afraid to acknowlege his feelings over Hazel…but maybe now, that his late wife had given her blessing, he could pursue the woman that had been in his thoughts for the past couple of years. He now wanted to know even more about her.

These were his last thoughts before the beautiful sleep fairy claimed his subconscious.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Up in the Slytherin dorms, the twins sat on Aubrey’s bed sharing a couple cauldron cakes and two butter beers.

“So this Hermione and Ron. What are they like?”

"Ron used to be my friend. He was all chatty on the way over here, but when I was sorted into Slytherin, he stopped talking to me. He’s thinks all of us Snakes are evil. As if we’re suddenly going to become death eaters and target Muggle-borns.”

“And Hermoine?”

"She’s my best friend. She’s an extremely brainy girl and she’s in Raven Claw house. Even after my sorting, she still talks to me. The only reason that Ron will even come near me is because he pants after her. But he’s do thickheaded to actually ask her out.”

Ambrosias shook his head. "So, do you have any friends in this house?”

"Yeah, there’s Draco Malfoy. He’s a pureblooded wizard. He acts like a snob and he has two cohorts that follow him around like lost puppy dogs.”

“Sure sounds like a tosser to me.”

Aubrey shrugged. “It’s all an act. His father’s a pure blooded arse hole who hates all Muggleborns. I hated Draco for the first year we went here. But during the second year, we both became comrades on the Quidditch team and then good friends. That’s when I learned that his father was grooming him into a second generation death eater. He told me of the beatings he had to endure for refusing to learn dark magic.

When we were in third year, he’d given in, or so I thought. Each year he keeps up the charade. But he only reveals his true nature around me and dad.”

Both boys were quiet for a minute. Then Ambrosias looked up mischievously.

“So, any girls caught your eye yet?”

Aubrey started. “What?”

“You heard me.”

Aubrey looked down at his lap. “Well, there is one. But she’s impossible to get…especially for a Slytherin.”

“Do tell.”

“Ginny Weasley. She’s Ron’s little sister.”

“And because Ron’s her brother, and doesn’t like you, she’s off limits.” Ambrosias finished.

Aubrey nodded. “What about you? I saw you staring at that vampire girl. Her name was….Stella?”

Ambrosias smirked. “Yeah, she’s beautiful, but I’m not about to get my hopes up.”

“Well, maybe you’ll find a girl here.”

Here his brother shook his head. "No, mixing with mortals is deeply frowned upon. It’s not forbidden but it’s not encouraged either. School is one thing, but getting romantically and or intimately involved with a mortal is definitely discouraged. The only other option is if I were to make the woman like myself. That can only happen if she’s of age and gives her full consent."

“And if she’s under age?”

“Then she’d have to be sick or dying…and only with her parent’s consent. Creating a vamp any other way is against the elder’s laws. If found the offender is put to death. Either by a stake through the heart or he’s left out in the sun to burn to death.”

“That’s pretty strict.”

Ambrosias shrugged again. "Yeah, it’s harsh but the venom makes us invulnerable. We’re too strong to be controlled by mere mortals. I can only be killed by another vampire. That’s why despite Ivan’s findings I’m gonna have to go submit myself to the elders of both England and Scotland. I don’t want to give them any reason to see me as a threat.”

Both boys were silent for a few more minutes as they finished their butterbeers and cauldron cakes.

“What are the teachers like?”

"They’re nice, as far as teachers go. Professor Trelawny teaches Divination but not many of us think she’s a true seer. The Patil twins think she is and follow her around and swear that she’s the real thing."

“And you don’t think she is?”

“I don’t really know for sure, I think that it sort of comes and goes. According to Professor McGonnagal, Trelawny made the professy that got Lily and James killed. Because of the switch, the true Harry Potter died and if he was supposed to be the chosen one then he’s dead and gone. The only other one that fits the prophecy would be Neville Longbottom and I’ve seen him wield his wand. To be blunt, he’s pathetic at it.”

“Ouch. That is blunt. I guess this means that the wizard world is screwed.”

Harry sighed again. “I don’t want to know how Longbottom would survive if everyone assumed he was the ‘Chosen One.’ I think it may be better for him if I resumed my former identity. It’ll take the heat off him, and then maybe I could tutor him in defensive spells.”

“That’s pretty noble of you.” said Ambrosias. “If you take up your former title every necromancer will be after you.”

“It’d be no different then the last 4 years. Not a year has gone by when one death eater or another has tried to kill me. This year wouldn’t be any different.”

Both were quiet a second more and then his brother spoke.

“Then I’m in.”

“What?” Aubrey asked incredulously.

“You heard me. If you’re gonna put yourself in harm’s way, then I will too. You’re not doing this alone. If Aaron were alive, he’d be in too.”

Both boys were quiet for another moment thinking of the brother they’d never know. IN that moment, for the first time, they felt the emptiness of not having their third brother with them. For a single instant their mind’s flashed back remembering that almost forgotten moment, while still in the womb that they’d all opened their eyes to see each other. Together, they’d all been able to hear their mother’s voice singing to them. They’d all felt so loved then.

When the moment had passed, they both looked solemnly into each other’s eyes.

“What would you think of commemorating our brother?” Asked Aubrey.

"You mean like creating something to remember him by, like a piece of jewelry with his name inscribed on it?” Ambrosias answered.

His brother nodded.

“It’s brilliant, that way he’s always with us.”

With that decided, they got ready for bed. Who knew what the next day would hold for them?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

#12 Grimmald Place

Sirius Black stared Arthur Weasley down. “You’re mad, tell me you’re lying!”

Remus stood by his friend. “Sirius, you’ve got to calm down. I’m sure there’s a reasonable explanation for this.”

Arthur looked at them steadily. “The real Harry Potter died 15 years ago at St. Mungos as a stillborn. James switched it with one of the Snape children. He put a glamour in place and fooled everyone, even Lily.”

Sirius was visibly shaking. In the next second his anger, he lept at Arthur snarling and aiming for his throat. In the next instant, Remus lunged knocking Sirius out of the way. Finally, after several moments of struggling he’d pinned his best friend.

“Moony! Let me up!”

“Arthur has no reason to lie to us. He never had anything to do with either of our squabbles. He can’t be bought either. I believe him and I think it’s best you did too.”

“But James would never do such a thing!”

“He was as fallible as you and I. If it were someone you loved, you would do the same thing, if only to prevent their suffering.”

Sirius struggled a moment more as the words sunk in. "Then all this time, I’ve been befriending a son of Snivellus?

“He’s still the same boy. He just looks and sounds different… and for once, he’s got a real father. It’s something every child needs.”

That final statement made all of them give pause.

“Where’s he now?”

At Hogwarts.” Answered Arthur. “His real name is Aubrey and his twin brother is Ambrosias. They’re spending time reclaiming all the years they’ve lost.”

“There’s two of them?”

Arthur nodded. Yes, the third Snape child was murdered. I know you probably want to see him, but it might be best to wait a few weeks. Let them settle in."

When Sirius was calmed down, Remus let him up. "Who said anything about seeing him?”

“Because he’s your Godchild, Padfoot!”

“Not anymore. Let Snape have his brood. I’m finished with the both of them!” Having said that, he stormed up the stairs and then a second later, the door slammed shut.

Remus gave Arthur a shocked look. The older man could do nothing but shrug his shoulders.

Hermione gaped as Sirius stormed up the stairs. She came out of the shadows then and waited a full minute to creep back up the stairs. Questions swirled around her head, ones that only Harry...Aubrey could answer. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile, both boys slept peacefully in their beds with the curtains drawn. If only they knew what waited for them as the new day dawned.

Chapter End Notes:
So, how was this chapter? Leave a nice non flamitory review!