Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning- minor, guy, cringe-worthy injury ahead.
Chapter 47

The second week of September at Molly's Primary School was the beginning of trouble amongst her students. During playtime the children were outside playing with various toys or they were running and chasing each other. Molly noticed that Mouse had forgotten his jumper. Calling to Hamish, the tall boy jogged over, smiling brightly.

"Yes, Miss Molly?"

"Watch your friends for me while I go and get Mouse's jumper." She patted the boy's shoulder as he took up a staunch sentinel position watching everyone.

It was practically the moment Molly had disappeared into the schoolhouse when she heard one of the girl's calling for her.

"Miss Molly! Come quick!" Daniella Spinnet shouted through the door of the little red schoolhouse.

Molly broke into a run, silently grumbling to herself. Blink, and children never failed you; they always managed to get into trouble.

With Daniella leading the way, Molly followed the little girl to the area of the yard where the children had been playing. There was a lot of shouting going on. Hamish was restraining a very angry Emily, and Mouse and Andrew were beside Harry who was on the ground, on his side curled up and sobbing. Not far from where he was curled up was a bit of vomit.

With a practiced second nature, Molly banished the vomit and knelt down beside Harry. Without looking over her shoulder, she ordered, "Everyone but Mouse, back inside! Sit in your chairs and don't anyone dare move!"

When Molly was angry, no one stopped to question her, they just did as they were told.

"Harry? What..."

"OWWWW!" He howled when she tried to move him.

"Em'ly kicked Harry, Miss Molly," Mouse said over Harry's tears.

Molly saw where the little boy was clutching himself and huffed a little angrily. "Oh my. Come on, dear. We'll get you all sorted out." She helped Harry up to his feet. He swayed uneasily and shivered slightly. Molly cast a Featherlight Spell and gathered the injured boy into her arms.

A few minutes later, Molly had her students stuck to their chairs and she was making a Floo call.


At Hogwarts, Madame Pince glanced up from a book she was reading as the Floo in her office came to life. Her watery brown eyes widened as she saw Molly Weasley's distinctive head pop through.

"Molly?" the thin, hatchet-faced woman sneered slightly. No one had ever known Madame Pince to smile. The closest she ever came was her slight sneer.

"Irma, wish I could chat, but I need to speak to Echo, please?"

With a great show of inconvenience, Madame Pince rose from her desk and disappeared through her office door. Molly, whose knees were beginning to protest, was pleased to see Echo arrive.

Echo wore a grey dress smudged by dust and spiderwebs. Her hair was in a long braid. She knelt down by Molly's head. "Is Harry all right, Molly?"

"Emily again, Echo," sighed Molly. "Poor thing was kicked by that little demon in the privates. She's wearing those tapping shoes, so I think Harry is going to need a Healer."

"Oh! Oh dear no! Molly, give me a few minutes. I need to request an emergency visit from his Pediatrician and then I'll come through and get him."

Molly smiled. "All right, Echo. I'm going to call Emily's parents and have her sent home."


Twenty minutes later Echo had her son home and seated on the sofa while she waited for a confirmation from his Healer to bring him to the office. Harry hadn't minded going home a bit early, but he'd put up a terrible fuss when his mum said they had to go see his pediatrician. Healer Lya Saroyan had a small practice in List Lane, one of the main offshoots of Diagon Alley.

"She's a girl, mum! No!" Harry was horrified that his Healer would see those bits nobody should see. He'd been holding his hands protectively over his pelvis since it still ached a bit much 'down there'.

"Your father and I have have both seen you..." began Echo. The sofa was between herself and Harry.

"Well... you're my parents... and she's a... a... girl!" He declared fiercely.

"She's a Healer, Harry. It's her job. Now don't make me Floo call your father. I'd hate to bother him with this when you and I can get this visit over with before he gets home."

"Mu-um..." Harry whined, but then he felt a twinge in his private bits that made his shoulders kind of cold and damp. Emily had kicked him really, really hard. He huffed and stomped over to his mother. "You'll stay with me?"

"Of course I will, Harry." She summoned the two potion phials with the Calming Potion and Anti-Nausea Potion Severus kept on hand for his son. Echo gave him the Anti-Nausea first.

Tossing a handful of the Floo powder into the flames, she declared, "Healer Saroyan's Office!"

With Harry's head buried in her hip against her robes, they Floo'd to the Healer's office. Despite the Anti-Nausea Potion, Harry vomited and dropped gracelessly to his knees.

"Ohhh, sweetheart!" Echo knelt down by her son, who was now sniffling, and drew him into her lap.

"Let me clean that, Mrs. Snape," said the male nurse coming around out of the reception area. He was a young medi-wizard who had his long, brown hair tied in a secure club at the nape of his neck. He cleaned away the mess and dropped to one knee by Harry and his mother. "Hey, buddy. You still having that dizzy problem?"

Harry spoke, being careful not to shake his head, just yet. "Yeah, Gunner. An' Emily kicked my bits today, too."

Gunner grimaced, clearly sympathetic. "Ow! That's wretched, buddy." The nurse helped Harry to his feet. "Healer Saroyan's waiting for you and she'll make it all better." He grinned down at Harry taking his little hand in his.

"But she's a girl, Gunner," Harry whispered, his cheeks crimson.

With Echo following, the medi-wizard nurse, Gunner, led the little boy back to the exam room. "It's no big deal, buddy. Healers see people's naked bits all the time. If it helps, just hold your mum's hand and close your eyes, okay?"

"Okay," replied Harry, trying to be brave, but still not quite convinced.

Healer Lya Saroyan met Harry and Echo in the exam room. Harry was looking everywhere but at the Healer. A girl Healer!

Lya Saroyan was a young, tall woman, with straw blonde hair that she kept in a messy ponytail. She was affable, always smiling, and loved working with children.

"Harry, I know you don't want to be here, so let's get this exam over as quickly as possible, all right?" She patted the exam bed surface behind him and he laid down.

"Mum?" asked Harry very softly as he felt his clothing change to a soft, white, patient gown.

Echo grasped Harry's hand and moved next to his head. "It's all right, sweetheart. Just close your eyes and it'll all be over quick."

A Diagnostic Spell was a marvelous thing and helped to prevent the more intrusive procedures involved in the medical field. Unfortunately, there were times when a Diagnostic Spell only provided a cold analysis of damage. No true Healer used just a Diagnostic Spell to give them an accurate reading of an injury. Especially in the case of children whose Accidental Magic sometimes healed injuries, and not always accurately.

It was a thoroughly humiliating examination which Harry hoped to one day forget forever. He did, however, get a potion which helped to completely ease the lingering pain and the minor swelling from Emily Soong's kick.

Harry's first real laugh at the end of that embarrassing day was when his mother told his father what had happened to his boy bits. His father had turned the same shade of green Harry had turned when he had Dragon Pox.

His laughter earned him a scowl from Severus, but there was a big hug to follow from his completely sympathetic father, so Harry knew everything was fine.


Emily didn't show up for school the next day, on Friday, but she really wasn't missed. Harry was very surprised when Hamish extended an olive branch of peace.

"I think me, Andrew, and Mouse all wanted to throw up, Harry," said Hamish as they all ate their mid-morning snack of whole wheat bars made by Molly.

Andrew's head nodded firmly as his wide, brown eyes showed how horrible he'd felt for his friend. He crossed his hands over his family jewels.

"Did you have to go to a Healer, Harry? I fell once. Smashed my bits an' lost my dinner so Auntie made me go to a Healer." Mouse shuddered.

"Yeah," replied Harry. "But I was real brave and all and got a potion and then mum gave me a pecan tart when we got home so it was okay."

Daniella gave Harry a quick hug and he blushed. Andrew, Mouse, and even Hamish giggled at that and teased Harry until Miss Molly called them back to class.