Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Switch.... or not?

Harry Potter, in the body of Severus Snape, walked down the hallway of Hogwarts.  Students looked at him, scared.  Nearly everyone who was not in Slytherin either feared or hated Snape... or both.  And only the Gryffindors knew that Harry and Snape had switched bodies.

"Professor Snape, I promise I'll turn in the essay tomorrow," pleaded a first year boy whose hands were shaking.

"I'm Harry Potter," Harry said. "Professor Snape and I switched bodies.  And I'll make sure you get an O for Outstanding."

A smile spread across the boy's face. "Really?  You're not Snape?"

"No...."

Harry smiled, walking away, until he ran into... himself?

It took him a minute to comprehend this.  It was Snape in Harry's body.

"Potter, I told Professor Dumbledore and he did not believe me."

"Who would?  You look like me.  Dumbledore usually believes me, but not when I say something that far-fetched.  Perhaps he'd believe someone in your body."

"Oh, no, Potter.  No, you're not."

"Do you want to switch back to your own body or what?" Harry yelled.

"Just because you're in my body doesn't mean you can yell at me, Potter!"

"Give me a chance!"

"Fine.  But, I'm just telling you... I keep a close eye on the House points.  I know what you did."

"I didn't do anything!"

"Right, so the other teachers just so happened to give your House that many points between 6 PM last evening and 7 AM this morning, right now."

"Well.... sort of."

"'Sort of.'" Snape repeated this in a simpering tone. "If you keep talking like this to me, do you know what I'll do?"

"What?"

"It's a Quidditch match today, Potter!  I'll play in your place while using some potions that you do not yet know to knock you out."

"And?"

"I'll allow Slytherin to win."

"Oh, no.  This is crazy."

"Oh, no, Mr. Potter.  It's not crazy.  It's what I'm going to do."