Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys! Thanks for all the super reviews! Just a heads up, I know that the chapters have been coming along pretty fast, this will not always be so. I will always try to get them up quickly, but perhaps not quite THIS quickly. I am not sure when the next update for this will be right now because Harry Potter comes out this week and I have some serious plans! lol. Other than that, enjoy!
Breakfast Conversations

It took Harry and Ginny both over an hour to get the kids calmed down enough to explain that Severus and Sirius would be living with them now.

 Teddy, who had been the oldest until Sirius, was more excited to have a play mate that was closer to his age than anything else. Sirius, who was astounded by how much the boy looked like Remus had instantly wanted to play. It was, however, an internal battle with himself. He needed to remain mature. He was in his thirties for Merlin’s sake!

 Severus, on the other hand, had immediately gone to the nearest corner chair and sat down in it after Harry had let him up from the chair he had been sitting in. He had a lot to think about. He was confused and his thirty-nine year old side was battling the emotions that were in this annoying body that was now his.

 Could he have not at least been eleven? At least then he could have gone to school! But, no. He had to be five and a half years old.

 “Severus, it is time to eat breakfast.” Ginny said from a doorway that obviously led to the kitchen. Severus looked around and was shocked to find that he was the only one left in the sitting area. Harry and Ginny both looked at him encouragingly.

 “Wipe those stupid looks off of your faces.” Severus demanded, pushing past the two of them.

After the boy disappeared into the kitchen, Harry sighed.

“Gin, I don’t know what to do in this situation. The healers told us that they would have to grow as if they really are children, and that their emotions will probably be closer to their ages. I can tell that Sirius is battling it, but that, eventually, he will give up and let the child take over. He was always like a child in many ways to begin with. But…with Severus…”

 “I was thinking the same thing. Severus is going to take time. But the best thing that we can do, Harry, is make sure that he follows the rules like the other boys, or when he is older, we are going to have trouble.”

“I know. I worry about everything is all. And what about your mum? Do you think that she will watch Sirius and Severus, too?” Harry asked.

Ginny snorted.

“I would love to see us try to keep them away from her.”

“What about when the new baby gets here? That will only be four months from now…” Harry said laying his hand over the slight bulge of Ginny’s abdomen.

This time, Ginny just laughed.

“Harrison James Potter, my mother would hunt us down if she thought we were keeping the kids away from her. Besides, on Tuesdays, you keep the boys in the morning and I get them in the afternoon, and on Fridays Andromeda gets them. Mum only watches them three days a week.”

“Fine, fine. You win.” Harry said, laughing as he grabbed Ginny’s hand and pulled her towards the kitchen.

In the kitchen, Jamie, as young James preferred to be called, and Teddy and Sirius were each sitting around the table ready to eat. Little Alby was sitting on the floor playing with a spoon and pot. Severus was standing in a corner staring with his obsidian eyes at the other boys in the room.

"Okay boys, settle down.” Harry said lifting Alby off of the floor and placing him in his highchair and snapping the top of it in place.

“Come here Severus, you can sit by me.” Ginny said, pulling out a chair.

Once again, Severus battled himself. He was kind of hungry. He hadn’t eaten anything at all.

But did he really want to sit at the same table with Potter and Black?

“Severus, sit down.” Harry told him gently. Severus jumped a bit, but did hurry to sit down before Harry could say anything else to him.

“Okay boys,” Ginny started, placing already filled plates in front of the boys, “you know the rules. You have to eat at least one bite of everything, but you must eat at least half of your porridge.” Ginny told the boys, more so for Sirius and Severus than for the others, as the others had been eating that way as long as they could understand what it meant, despite the fact that she knew that neither of them would probably be able to hold down that much food. She had made their portions much smaller because of that.

Severus looked down at his plate. There was two pieces of bacon, scrambled eggs, and slices of fruit. In a bowl close to his plate was a small portion of porridge.

Severus had never seen that much food the first time he had been five.

Harry looked at Severus, and almost as if reading the little boy’s mind, said, “Eat all you want, Severus, you will always have food her and can always ask for more. But also remember that you have not had food at all yet, so it may be wise to eat a little of the porridge first and see how it sits in your stomach. You as well, Sirius. If you think that you cannot handle more, then do. Ginny and I know that it may take you a while.”

 “Of course, Severus. That is why I gave you and Sirius smaller portions of food.” Ginny said, laying her hand on his arm. He flinched.

 “Only eat what you can right now. Those are just the rules for later. When you are able to hold down that much food and in case we have picky eaters on our hands.” Ginny said lightly, laughing quietly.

 Severus nodded, and then grabbed a nearby spoon.

 As he swallowed his first bite of food, porridge, lightly sweetened with honey, but nothing else, he moaned with pleasure.

 He remembered a lot from his first time around, but he was not sure that he remembered anything tasting as good as the porridge he had just taken a bite of.

 HP~~sdrawkcab~~HP

 While washing the breakfast dishes, Harry and Ginny watched their children playing in the backyard. Minus Severus. He was sitting on the back porch with his knees drawn up to his chest playing with a stray thread that was hanging from his transfigured shirt.

 “We have to take them and get them clothes. And toys.” Ginny said. Harry looked at her.

 “We can’t let all the boys share clothes and toys right now?” Harry asked, obviously clueless.

 Ginny’s eyes narrowed at her husband.

 “Do you remember your first Christmas at Hogwarts?” Ginny asked her husband, her hands on her hips.

 “Of course I do! It was the best Christmas ever. The first one that I ever got a present.”

 “What do you remember about Severus’ memories?” Ginny prompted.

 “He had a rough…oh.”

 “Yes, dear husband. Oh. Severus and you are a lot alike. We will not make the mistakes that your aunt and uncle made, or the mistakes that his father made. We will try to fix what they broke this time. And we will start with new clothes and toys. For both boys.” Ginny said, wrapping her arm around her husband.

 “However, when we do take them, you will not, under any circumstances, allow Sirius to talk you into buying him a broomstick. While they are still this young, there will only be one broomstick in this home, and that is the one they all share.”

 “I know, I know…” Harry laughed. He and Ginny had agreed that there would be one broom for their boys to share after Teddy had asked for one two years previous. They had to have an adult with them to fly, and it was easier to make them take turns. It had been decided, although the boys were oblivious and would remain so, that they would each receive a new broom for their tenth birthdays.

 “Let’s go get our boys ready. I believe that it is time to do shopping.” Harry said, kissing the tip of Ginny’s nose.

“Dromeda is coming to get the boys in a bit. She said since she didn’t get them yesterday. We can focus on Sirius and Severus more that way, and the other boys will not get restless.”

 “Okay. That sounds like a plan. We can set their rooms up when we get back.”

 “You realize that if we have many more kids we are going to have to start adding rooms to the house. We are already going to have to add two rooms to our quarters at Hogwarts.” Ginny said smirking.

 “Oh, I know. Isn’t it wonderful?” Harry said with the same goofy smile he had had the day Teddy had come to live with them, and the days that Jamie and Alby had been born.

 Harry was happy.

 Teddy, Jamie, and Alby were happy.

 And, so was Ginny.

 They were all ridiculously happy.

 Now, they just had to make sure that Severus and Sirius were happy.