Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey I hope you are liking the story.
Flashback

“Lily, how did you fare on Professor Slughorn’s exam?” Severus asked Lily.

Severus was walking her back to her dormitory after they had been studying in the library.

“I think I did really well, Sev. How about you?”

“I think that I did acceptably well. What did you say for the question between the bezoar and the healing potion?
“I put down that the healing potion was better because even though it had to be brewed, you could easily find the ingredients, whereas it can be hard to find a bezoar.”

“Wouldn’t a bezoar be better, since you can’t mess up with it like you can with a potion?” Lily never got a chance to answer.

“Snivellus.” A rough voice called. Severus looked up to the top of the flight of stairs and saw his tormentors, James Potter and his rag tag group, standing at the landing. “Why are you boring her with your stupid potions ideas. Potions is a complete joke, right Sirius.”

“Yeah, why don’t you go play with your chemistry set, those at least have bigger explosions.” Black added. The “Marauders” laughed at the comment.

“Come off it James.” Lily spoke harshly.

“Well I guess he isn’t boring you then. Is he helping you brew a potion that will allow your muggle sister to become a witch?” Potter responded

Lily nearly flew up the stairs, pulling out her wand and pointing it at James’ throat.

“Don’t you dare talk about my sister. She has nothing to do with this.”

Severus was standing beside Lily and watched as she shoved her wand point into James’s throat.

“Wait….I’m sorry.” James gulped.

Lily lowered her wand tentatively, but brought it right back up.

“Don’t listen to him, Lily.” Severus whispered as he saw a tear run down her face.

“Wait, Lily…..Did Snivellus….Is he trying to defend you?” James questioned

“That’s low. It’s like having a house elf defend you.” Sirius mocked as Severus moved between Lily and James.

“Take it back, Potter. She doesn’t need to be involved in this.”

The “Marauders” laughed.

“Why don’t you make him?” Sirius said.

“Potter, why are you always a coward? Are you afraid that I will beat you so badly that you will have to sick Wolf Boy here on me?” Severus asked confidently.

“Don’t call Remus wolf boy.” Sirius snapped

“Oh, I’ll stop when Potter takes back what he said.” Severus commented

“I want you to make me.” Potter crooned, as he lightly shoved Snape.

Severus lost his balance for a second, and recovered by shoving Potter to the ground hard.

“Take it back now!” Severus screamed

James Potter got off the ground so fast, it caught Severus off guard. All three Marauders pulled their wands out of their robes. Sirius pushed Severus once, and Sev was going to push back, until he saw the wands. Severus laughed a hearty laugh, which caused Potter to say.

“You think you’re funny? Look who’s defenseless now.”

“I think you are funny, Potter. Why do you have to fight me three on one? Have wolf boy and his pup put down the wands, and I will show you how a real man fights.” Severus growled as he pulled his wand out of his robes.

Potter turned around to talk to Lupin and Black. Severus contemplated hexing Potter, but he wasn’t a coward. Suddenly, Potter whirled around.

“Stupefy!” He yelled

The spell caught Severus right in the chest. He flew through the air and slammed into the wall. The portraits flinched as he hit the wall, his head bouncing off of it and his arm making an unnatural sound at contact. Severus crumpled to the floor as Lily let out a yelp. She came and knelt by him when she saw that he was not moving. James Potter and his friends laughed as they watched Lily try to rouse Severus. They were laughing so hard that they didn’t hear two teachers walking toward the staircase to investigate what was going on.

“What is going on here?” an older voice questioned as his gaze traveled from the Marauders to Lilly and an unconscious Severus Snape.

“Professor Dumbledore.” They all gasped, except Lily who was more concerned with the wellbeing of Severus than the arrival of the Headmaster.

“Minerva, Please take Mr. Snape up to the hospital wing. Boys, Ms. Evans, will you please come with me.” Dumbledore ordered

When Severus woke up three days later, he found Lily sitting by his bedside. She explained how the Headmaster had pulled all four of them into his office, where Lily explained that Severus was only standing up for her. The Marauders, natural liars that they were, denied everything that Lily said. They had even gone so far as to say that Severus attacked first. Dumbledore gave the Marauders two weeks worth of detention.

“Dumbledore should have expelled them.” Lily argued “Detention won’t stop them. They already live in detention for the most part.”

“It’s fine, Lilly.”

“What do you mean it’s fine, Sev? They broke your arm and gave you a concussion with one spell.”

“If Headmaster Dumbledore thinks that the punishment is sufficient, then I have to agree with him.”

Severus was glad that Lilly stuck up for him. However, he wasn’t okay with the Headmaster’s decision . He was just telling Lily that so she would stop being angry. Severus knew the torment would get worse, he just didn’t know that he would eventually lose a friend because of it.

Chapter End Notes:
It will be awhile before I post the next chapter because I will be very busy. I am sorry to make you wait.