Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey Guys! I'm very sorry that it took so long to get this chapter posted. I hope you guys like it. Since it has been so long, I think a recap is in order.

Last time:
Professor Snape arrives in Harry's back yard, injured and close to death. Mrs. Weasley gives Harry the tools to heal Snape. Snape finds out about Harry's abuse, and Harry learns about Snape and Lily

P.S. This Chapter has the abuse of a teenager.
A Strange Visitor With A Strange Inquiry

Harry was being abused, and no one knew about it. Snape knew that someone had to know, and it had to be someone who could actually do something. No one would listen to Snape if he told the world. He was a murderer and a known death eater, who the hell would listen to him.

“Damn that child’s Gryffindor personality, thinking he can take care of all his problems. Why doesn’t he understand that someone has to help him?”

Snape’s blood pressure shot through the roof. Harry could be such a stubborn and stupid child at times. Harry needed help and if he wasn’t going to say anything, then Snape would. All the people that cared for the child wouldn’t do anything if Snape told them. Snape had killed one of their leaders, so he didn’t expect much. But it had to do with Harry. Would they be able to get past their anger with Snape to help Harry? Snape didn’t know. Molly Weasley helped him though.

Snape knew that she thought of him as a son, so hopefully she would put her anger on the back burner in order to help Harry. Snape stretched his arms out and allowed them to flop on the bed. A tinkling noise met Snape’s ears, and when he reached into his pocket, he enclosed his hands over a gold coin. This was how Snape was going to get in contact with Molly Weasley. He tapped his thumb on the coin three times, then called her name into the coin.

“Who is it?” She asked.
“It’s Severus, Molly.”
“Severus, are you alright?”
“Yes, I’m fine. I.....”
“You ungrateful man.” Molly whispered in a harsh voice. “Albus gave you everything, then you go and kill him.”
“Molly, It’s not what you think. I would tell you what happened, but I made an unbreakable vow with him. I still intended to keep this a secret. I am not calling you to talk about his death. I want to talk about Harry.”
“Is he alright?” Her voice had gone from anger to fear.
“I am not sure. I found something out and it worries me.”
“What did you find out?”
“Harry is being abused by his uncle.”
“Are you bloody serious?”
“I am not lying to you. I watched his uncle nearly choke him to death. He needs to be taken away from here.”
“The order can’t do anything about it right now, but I will have Arthur look into it. You need to wait until tomorrow night before you to do anything rash.”
Snape let out a sigh.
“I will wait to hear from you, even though I am not explosive and compulsive.”
Snape wanted to help Harry now. He didn’t want to wait because he knew what could happen if he did. However, it is a good idea to wait to see if he could do this correctly. The Ministery would never let Harry go with a death eater, and neither would the Order. Snape had done everything he could do and now all he could do was wait. He put the coin in his pocket, and fell asleep.



Both men were woken up by the ringing door bell.

“What the....” Snape began

“Shut it.” Harry whispered as he grabbed the cloak, throwing it over Snape.

Harry could hear feet coming toward his room. The door flew open and Uncle Vernon was standing red faced in the doorway.
“Come with me, Boy.” He hissed and led Harry downstairs.
Harry was really confused. What was he in trouble for this time? Harry was standing on the staircase, when he heard a familiar voice. When he got to the bottom of the stairs, Harry saw Aunt Petunia talking to a man.
“Here he is.” Vernon growled, and the man turned around.
“Mis....” Harry began, but the look on Mr.Weasley’s face made him stop.
“Hello Harry. My name is Mr.Smith, and I am from Child Protective Services. Is it possible that I could speak with you outside?”
“Yes, Sir.”
Harry followed Mr. Weasley outside onto the front stoop. Mr.Weasley pointed his wand, after looking around, and casted a silencing charm on the door.
“What are you doing here, Mr.Weasley?”
“Are you okay?”
“What do you mean?”
“Have your aunt and uncle ever abused you?”
“What are you talking about?”
“Has your uncle ever hit you before?”
“No.”
Harry felt bad for lying to Mr.Weasley, but it was Harry’s way of self preservation.
“Why are you here?”
“Someone in the Ministry got a tip that you were being abused. I wanted to make sure that you were okay.”
“Mr. Weasley, does it look like I had been abused?”
Mr.Weasley was silent for a few minutes, eyeing Harry precariously. Harry had wondered if Mr.Weasley could see through his lie.
“Are you sure that you are okay?” He questioned again.
“Yes, I’m fine.”
They bid each other good day, and Mr.Weasley apparated away. Harry took a deep breath, and walked back into the house.

“What the bloody hell did Protective services what with you?” Vernon yelled, grabbing Harry by the collar.

“He just asked some questions. I didn’t tell him anything, I swear.”

“You did you tell?”

“I didn’t tell anyone!” Harry yelled

His reward for yelling at his uncle was a nice hard punch to the jaw.

“Who did you tell?!”

“No one.”

Vernon slammed Harry against the wall, causing the boy’s head to ricochet off the wall. Vernon took Harry’s throat in one hand.

“Who did you tell?” He growled

Harry tried to answer, but all he could do was try to get away from his uncle. Harry kicked and squirmed, but that only caused his uncle to hold tighter.

“I…didn’t…tell…anyone.” Harry gasped, due to the increased pressure on his windpipe.

Vernon held onto Harry till he was almost a deep shade of purple, then he relinquished his hand. Harry fell to the ground, his left ankle giving way, creating a popping noise in response. Harry yelled in pain, grabbing his left ankle and gasping for air.

Chapter End Notes:
So how did you like it? What do you think that Snape will do when he finds out?