Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it's been a while
Getting Harry Help

“I swear, I didn’t tell anyone anything.” Harry argued between gasps of air.

Vernon didn’t respond, but when he did, it was like he never hurt Harry.

“What are you doing out of your room?” The man grumbled.

“Wh…” but Harry stopped there. He really didn’t need to be hit again. “I’ll go back up there.”

“Good.” Vernon stayed there and watched Harry crawl up the stairs.

“What are you doing, boy?” Vernon climbed the stairs and cracked Harry on the back of the head with his palm. “You’re not crippled, walk.”

Harry slowly stood up on his right leg, and began to limp up the stairs. Every bit of weight made Harry’s ankle scream with pain, so he leaned heavily on the hand rail. Once Harry got to the top of the stairs, he felt like he had climbed a mountain. Now he just had to get to his room thirty feet away.

The walls of the hallway were to far away for him to lean against, so Harry carefully walked to the door. Opening the door, Harry fell forward into his room. His ankle had given out and he was now on his stomach. He kicked the door shut with his good foot, then rolled around on the floor, holding his leg and crying out in pain.

“What happened?” Snape asked, but Harry didn’t answer.

Snape pointed his wand at the door, casting a silencing charm.

“What happened?” Snape questioned, throwing the cloak off him.

Harry still did not answer and this caused Snape worry. He managed to get off the bed and kneel by Harry.

“Harry….Harry, I need you to calm down.” Snape placed a hand on the boys shoulder, and it seemed to calm him down. “Good job. Now lets get you to sit up.” Snape helped Harry into a sitting position against the desk. He could see that Harry was calm, but he would not let go of his ankle. Snape took a glass off of the desk, pointing his wand in the glass.

“Augamenti.” Snape whispered and the glass filled with water. “Here Harry.”

“Thank you, Professor.” Harry said taking the glass of water and drinking from it.

“Can I look at your ankle?”

Harry shook his head no while swallowing a mouth full of water.

“Harry, I am not going to hurt you. I would just like to take a look at it.”

Harry stared at the professor and something in the man’s eyes told him that Snape was telling the truth. He wasn’t going to intentionally hurt him. Harry let go of his ankle and straightened his leg out. Snape could see that Harry’s ankle had already swollen to twice its regular size.

“I’m going to take off your sock. I am sorry if I hurt you.”

So carefully, Snape spent the next five minutes pulling Harry’s sock off. Snape’s fears were correct when the sock came off. The boy’s ankle had become very swollen, and it started turning purple. An ice pack flew into Snape’s hand and he carefully placed it on Harry’s ankle. Harry jumped in pain, but within a few minutes the ice began to numb his ankle. Snape grabbed the pillows off of Harry’s bed and carefully placed Harry’s foot on them. Next, a bottle flew into Snape’s hand and he opened it.

“This is going to feel weird, but I need you to sit still. You are doing a very good job.”

The contents from the bottle flew toward Harry, and disappeared through Harry’s mid-section. It felt like water was running over him and within a few minutes, Harry could not feel pain. He didn’t even realize that Snape had picked up his foot until Snape began asking questions.

“What happened?”

“Mr. Weasley was here, but he said he was child protective services. He asked me if I had been abused, told me that someone inside the ministry had gotten a tip.”

“And what did you tell him?”

“That I hadn’t been.”

“Why on God’s green earth did you do that?”

“I’ve handled this all of my life. I think I can take care of this for a few more weeks.”

Snape wanted to shake the boy silly, but he could understand why he did it. Snape probably would of done the same thing.

“Okay.” Snape said, keeping his anger under control. “What happened next?”

“He left and I walked in. Uncle Vernon got mad. He tried to pick me up when he choked me. When I told him what I told Mr.Weasley, he dropped me. My ankle rolled under me and I thought I heard it pop. Uncle Vernon made me go back upstairs, but he made me walk up the stairs. How bad is it Professor?”

“By what you described, it could be broken, but I am no healer.”

Snape wanted to charge downstairs, and blast Harry’s aunt and uncle to smithereens. He wanted to do it so badly, but he knew that he couldn’t. If Snape did, then he could be thrown in Prison and Harry would have no where to go. It took all of his control not to explode and kill people. Snape did know that he needed to get Harry help though.

“Harry, I want you to come with me tomorrow. I want someone to take a look at your ankle, and I would like you to come and stay with me for the rest of the summer.”

“Why do you want that?” Harry asked in surprise.

Normally the idea of getting away from the Dursley’s would of excited Harry. However, he felt uneasy at the idea of staying with Snape.

“I believe that it would be good for you to get away from your Aunt and Uncle. I know that you like that idea too. I did when I was young.”

Harry stared at Snape for a minute, trying to see through any lies he could be telling. Harry thought, for a fraction of a second, that the story that he told was a lie. If it was a lie, then how did Harry know that Snape wasn’t going to hand him over to Voldemort the minute they got there? It was truly only a fraction of a second, because when Harry looked into his Potions Master’s eyes, Harry knew that there were no lies.

“Okay. Yeah, I’ll go with you.”

“I will collect your belongings for you.”

Snape stood up, and listened to Harry, collecting various items that were dear to the boy. After fifteen minutes, Snape handed Harry the stack of newspapers he asked for. When Snape sat down, he spent some time examining Harry’s injured ankle. It was still swelling, and turning darker. Hopefully the ankle wasn’t shattered, or worse. There was the sound of ripping paper, causing Snape to look at Harry.

“Everything that I want is in there.” The boy said.

“Alright.” Snape closed the trunk. “I will be back in ten minutes. You can’t tell anyone that you are leaving with me. No one can know.”

“Yes, Sir.”

Snape placed his hands on Harry’s belongings and disappeared.


Snape appeared in a dark bedroom. No one had been in this room in a long time. Snape had still been kneeling and all of Harry’s belongings had been beside him. When Snape stood up, he searched his pockets for that gold coin.

“Molly!” Snape growled into the coin when he finally found it.

“Severus.” Molly answered

“What the bloody hell was Arthur doing at Harry’s house. He could of got the boy killed.” the potions master roared. He was more than furious.

“Let me explain. I told Arthur what you told me and he tried to tell people at work. No one believed him though, so he went to check on Harry. He told me that Harry was looking thin, but there were no signs of abuse.”

“Well let me tell you what happened. After Arthur left the house, Harry’s uncle thought that the boy had told someone. He preceded to beat Harry, almost choking him to death.”

“Oh my, is Harry alright?”

“If he wasn’t alive, we would be having a different conversation. The boy is not okay though, because his uncle broke his ankle. It may be worse than broken all because your husband pretended to be a Child Protective Services AGENT!” Snape yelled

“My husband was just making sure that Harry was okay.”

“Well he’s not. I’m taking him to St. Mungo’s and then handling the situation myself.” Snape snarled.

“Do you need help?”

“No.”

Snape threw the coin in his pocket, and paced for a few minutes. He needed to let his anger out, somehow. Why was it that anything that had to do with Lily or her son made the man who had no emotions, have strong emotions? Snape was very angry with Harry’s so called family. He wanted to kill them, but he knew that he couldn’t do that. Taking a deep breath, Snape disapparated.

When Snape arrived back at Number 4 Privet Drive, he saw that Harry’s ankle was still causing the boy a lot of pain. He needed to get to St. Mungos soon.

“Harry…I’m taking you to a hospital now.”

"Sir, you can't go into St. Mungos. You are a known death eater."

“I am going to take you to a muggle hospital, and I won’t be going out like this.” Snape waved his wand over his body, and Harry saw a man who now very strongly resembled James and Sirius. “And you can’t go out there either.” Snape pointed his wand at Harry, and Harry became a different person.

“Do you have your wand Harry?”

“Yes sir.”

“Okay hold still.”

The two men disappeared and arrived at St. Mungos. Within the hour, they left the hospital. Harry had broken his ankle and was now on crutches. Snape apparated both of them to his home.

“Harry, I need to run an errand. I would like you to stay here. Your room is upstairs the first door on the right. You can go into any room that you want, except the basement. That is forbidden. I will be back in a hour.” Snape said, pulling a coin out of his pocket. “You are to keep this on you. You can call my name into it and I shall answer, but only use it if it is an emergency. I will be back.”

Snape disapparated. Harry looked around the potion master’s house, knowing that the end of summer would be great. Miles away, Snape appeared in the hallway of Number 4 Privet Drive. Snape was now going to enact his revenge.

Chapter End Notes:
What do you think that Snape will do?