Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you like it, like I said All canon events happened the first time around but the second time it AU.
Chapter 2: Return to the Dursleys
 

Harry awoke with a start and in the progress hitting his head on his ceiling. He looked around and noticing with a sigh that he was once again in his cupboard. He smiled glad that his plan had worked; now all he needed to do was figure out today’s date. As he was stretching a banging on his door startled him and out of reflex he reached for his wand, but it was only his Aunt Petunia.

“Get up you lazy boy, time to make breakfast and if you burn anything you won’t be getting anything to eat.”

Harry grimaced he didn’t miss the Dursleys at all. Making sure that his wand was hidden on him; he washed up and went to the kitchen, happy that she had left him alone. Making sure nobody was coming he wandlessy made breakfast, the action made him a little tired but that was to be expected he was after all back in his 11 year old body. He quickly ate his breakfast before his relatives came down. By the time he had put everything on the table they had arrived. He sat down in his chair quietly and watched them eat; they didn’t give him anything not like he expected them too. He sat there sorting through his future and past memories, making sure they were locked somewhere safe in his mind. He didn’t want to accidently give something away, not matter how small it would be bad. During the middle of breakfast he heard the mail come through the slot in the door.

“Dudley, get the Post,” Vernon spoke.

“Make Harry get it,” Dudley replied shoving more eggs into his mouth.

“Harry, get the Post,” Vernon replied not looking up.

Harry inwardly grinned to himself as he realized exactly what day it was. He grabbed the post and slipped his letter through the vent in his cupboard and handed the rest to his Uncle. Even though he knew what it was going to say he couldn’t wait to open it. But he didn’t get a chance to even look at until the evening. By the end of the day, Harry was tired sore, and bruised. Apparently random bruises and minor breaks had appeared all over his body throughout the day. He remembered that the 1st time around Vernon had been very angry about Harry’s letter and had tried to ‘beat the freak’ out of him. He gently lay down on his cot and opened the envelope. He ripped off a section from the bottom of the letter and wrote a reply it said;

This is Harry Potter and I accept. Is there any way you could send someone to help me?

P.s. Could you make sure they can blend in, my relatives hate me because I’m a freak, and they’ll definitely hate an older one.

Thanks and Sincerely Harry Potter

He smiled to himself, now all he needed was to find and owl. He hoped that Snape would be the one to pick him, and then it would work in his favor. Just his luck that it turned out to be trash day; he rolled the cans to the curb and saw a tawny owl sitting on a branch in an oak tree. He whispered Hogwarts and it flew to him, and he petted it a few times before stopping to tie it to his leg. He reasoned that he wasn’t supposed to know about anything magical so apologizing to the bird he handed it to the bird to take it in his beak. Harry watched the bird fly off; he couldn’t wait until he could see Hedwig alive. She was just another one of the war’s casualties; he wouldn’t let her die for him this time. Harry hurried back in to do his evening chores, and fell asleep dreaming of seeing Hogwarts again. He awoke at 6am the next morning and got ready and fixed breakfast. He remembered from McGonagall that they usually visit students between 8:00am-3:00pm, and he knew him being ‘Harry Potter’ would probably be the first person to visit today.

“Ding Dong”

Right on schedule, the doorbell rang. He jumped up even before his Uncle could tell him to get the door and he opened it and found himself face to stomach with Severus Snape. He stood there gaping for a few seconds before smiling widely at his Professor. He couldn’t stop the tears that came forth and tried to fall down his face, his last memory of the man in front of him was him dying and urging him to take his memories while he still thought the man a betrayer. He had found out later that he was actually his mum’s best friend growing up and had taken a vow to protect him even though he hated his father. The man in front of him would always be a hero in his book and he turned his face so Snape couldn’t see his tears and missed the look of confusion on his teacher’s face. Not wanting to be rude any longer he gestured to his teacher.

“Would you like to come in Sir?”

 

Chapter End Notes:
I apologize for the short Chapters they will get longer belive me