Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy I'm updating like 5 chapters today, and if you started reading this like last week, PLEASE go back and read Chapter 3 its a different chapter.
Chapter 7: Return of Peter Pettigrew

 Harry woke up the next morning early and once again alone in the infirmary. He took his holly wand and disabled the charms he knew was set around his bed, and transfigured his clothes not even bothering to check to see if anyone could see. He walked over to the bathroom and did all his morning duties and walked back out. He knew Severus planned on them leaving today but he wanted to see Sirius as soon as possible. His last memory of his godfather was him getting cursed by Bellatrix and falling through the veil to his death. He left a note on his bed that he was headed to the Headmaster’s office so they wouldn’t worry and he headed to the Chamber. He said hello to Annabelle before pulling his invisibility cloak out of his pouch and putting it on. It was around 6:15am and he needed to hurry so he could apparate to the burrow. Walking through the house he stopped in the living room and allowed himself a moment to reminisce before he quickly headed up to Ron’s room.

He saw ‘Scabbers’ in his cage and he spelled him to sleep then petrified him. He silently grabbed the rat from the cage and put him in his pocket, before transfiguring a button into an exact replica of him then he left. When he got outside the house Harry apparated back to the Chamber and folded his cloak back into the pouch. He put another stunner on the rat just to be sure and he walked to the Headmaster’s office. He stared at the gargoyle for a moment before he hesitantly said;

“Lemon Drops”           

 He smiled softly as it moved to show a staircase and he headed up, he knocked on the door and waited until he was told to come in. He looked around the room grateful that only Albus and Fawkes were in his office. Harry trilled softly at Fawkes in phoenixa and the bird nearly fell off his perch in shock. Harry smiled at that, Fawkes had bonded to him after the Headmaster’s death and he missed him. He would talk to Fawkes after he had spoken to Albus about Sirius.

“Good morning Headmaster.”

“Good morning my boy, what can I do for you today?”

“My other godfather Sirius Black, he was innocent of all his crimes and yet he is in prison. When will there be a trial for him?”

“Harry I would have to see the proof you have, in this case the will. But I’m afraid that won’t be enough, he still murdered Peter Pettigrew and those muggles on the street.”

“He didn’t do any of that, Peter framed him and is still alive. I’ll show you in just a second, and they could just use Veritaserum and find out in court like they should have done in the first place.”           

 Albus thought quietly to himself that the child in front of him was not at all what he seemed to be. He was very resourceful for his age and something about how he presented himself was a little odd. How did he know these things that happened when he was much too young to remember? But since he had trilled to Fawkes when he first came in he knew that whatever it was, it didn’t have anything to do with evil. He would just have to keep an eye on one Harry Potter.

“Harry, how are you going to prove to me that Peter is alive?”      

      Harry grabbed Peter from his pocket and petrified him again, he could never be too careful. He still remembered Peter getting away the first time and Sirius living on the run, he wanted his godfather to have a life of safety and not another one in fear of being caught. He showed the still animagus to Albus before speaking;

“This is Peter Pettigrew, he is an unregistered animagus. He became one along with my dad and Sirius in school so they could keep my Uncle Remus company during the full moon. They never told anyone because it was technically breaking the rules. Peter here cut off his finger, blew up the street and transformed and ran down the sewer, but not before screaming at the top of his lungs that Sirius betrayed Lily and James.”

“Ok say this is true, could you explain to me why Sirius was laughing when he was arrested?”

“He was in shock; they had never expected Peter to the traitor. They were all leaning towards Moony who thought Sirius was guilty. I remember my dad saying; Peter’s betrayed us Lily, take Harry and run’, then the door was being blasted down. Then he saw Peter transform and run away, who would believe him if he told them. Peter was a coward and he knew that everyone would refuse to listen to him because he was the obvious choice; he was always the obvious choice. I understand it was hard times but how hard would it have been to give him a freaking trial? He deserved that at least even if he was guilty. It was his right, and it was denied and he has suffered for 11 years because of it.”      

      Harry shook his head, talking about his godfather’s innocence always got him a little heated. He could see the Headmaster’s grave expression serves him right he thought. He stunned the rat again before speaking to the Headmaster again.

“I need you to get Amelia Bones here in the next 10 minutes. I don’t trust Fudge not to kill Sirius to try to save face, or let Pettigrew go.”

“Harry I don’t think that will be possible, she is a very busy woman,” Albus tried to explain but Harry was through listening.           

 Harry knew that if he wanted something done he had to do it himself so he took the floo powder off the mantel and threw it in the fireplace while yelling;

“The Ministry, Amelia Bones’ Office"

He stuck his head in the fire and closed his eyes until it stopped so he wouldn’t get dizzy. When he opened them he looked around her office until he was facing her, she looked very shocked to see a child in her fireplace.

“Miss Bones my name is Harry Potter, and it’s urgent that I talk to you immediately. Might I have a few minutes of your time right now, I’m at Hogwarts.”

Harry watched as she just stared at him, before nodding her head and replying to him.

“I will be over in a second, just step back so I can come through Harry.”

Harry quickly stood up and turned around to address Albus who was staring at him in shock.

“She’s coming over right now; maybe you should have a house elf bring some tea or something for her.”         

   Albus for his part was stunned, his thoughts had been correct before. There was more to Harry Potter then meets the eye, he hoped that Harry would in time learn to trust him.

Harry watched the floo flare and she gracefully landed out, he figured he would just get straight to the point, but she spoke before he could;

“Albus is that child really Harry Potter?”

“He is, and he has important information to tell you.”

“What is it darling that you needed to tell me?”

“Sirius Black is innocent, Peter Pettigrew is guilty and he is alive. I do have proof before you try to deny that all I’ve said is false. Just watch, and then after all the evidence is brought forth, then you can decide for yourself.”

“If you are about to show me what I think you are, then hold on for just a moment. I want to make sure that I have an Auror present.”

Harry patiently waited while she floo called and he stupefied the rat again. He perked up when he saw who had stepped through the floo.

“Hey Shackelbot,” he grinned when the man turned to stare at him in surprise.

“I’m not even going to ask how you know who he is Harry, if you want to put an old man out of his misery then I’m all ears my boy.”

Harry smiled; finally the party could get started. He took the stunned rat from his pocket and dropped him uncaringly on the floor and pointed his wand at him.

“Animagus Revelio,” Harry whispered.

They all watched as blue light surrounded the rat and then it faded away to reveal a petrified fat and balding man on the floor. Harry heard the gasps behind him but he was on a mission, he reached into his pouch and pulled out a vial of Veritaserum. He walked over to Peter and sat him up before binding him with ropes and then he whispered;

“Finite”

He quickly poured 3 drops on his tongue and got down to questioning him.

“What is your name?”“Peter Pettigrew”

“Are you an illegal animagus?”“Yes”

“What is your form?”

“A rat”

Harry smirked the easy questions were out the way, and it was now time to start the real stuff that would set Sirius free.

“Who was the Secret Keeper for Lily and James Potter?”

“I was”

“Why wasn’t Sirius the Secret Keeper?”

“He would have been the obvious choice.”

At that answer Harry gave a pointed look to Albus, who had the sense to look abashed.

“Did you betray Lily and James Potter?”

“Yes”

“Why did you betray your friends?”

“Because the Dark Lord was winning the war, and I felt the light side had no hope.”

“Are you a death eater?”

“Yes”How long have you been a death eater?”

“Since my 7th year in school”

“The night of the murders of Lily and James Potter, what did you do?”

“I ran away from Sirius, he came after me. He knew what I had done and he wanted me to pay. He was yelling at me and I knew that I didn’t stand a chance against him so I screamed at the top of my lungs that he betrayed them and blew up the street and killed those muggles. I then cut off my finger and transformed into my animagus form and ran away.”

Harry shook his head and administered the antidote, and then petrified him again. He sat down with his head in hands and let the adults horrified words pass over him.  He was glad that somebody else finally knew the truth about Sirius too. He needed to know when Sirius was going to get out.

“When do you think Sirius can have a trial?”

“I think it can be arranged to give him one today in a few hours, what do you think Kingsley?”

“That would be perfect, otherwise Fudge would try something. I just don’t trust the man.”

Harry smiled to himself he couldn’t wait until he could hug Sirius again, now he needed to get Moony.

Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy and review and thanks for reading