Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
And I really wanted this to be a Two-shot lol..enjoy guys let me know if you have ideas on what you want to happen and I'll add it into the story somehow
Chapter 3

            Severus arrived at the Order’s quarters a few minutes after Albus, and he headed straight for the wolf who was glaring daggers into the unconcious man on the floor. Wait what? Why was Black knocked out and who did it? Severus shook his head, and his lips twitched he wanted to be the one to do that, after all the man deserved it for how he hurt Harry. When did Potter become Harry anyway? He interrupted his musings by touching the wolf’s shoulder and tilting his head to the left before he walked out the room. He waited in the sitting room for about a half a minute before Lupin appeared.

“How is he Severus? How is Harry?”

“As well as anyone can be I guess, he’s still scared if that’s what your asking. He wanted me to retrieve his things, but seeing as I don’t know which room was his I need your help.”

“He doesn’t want to stay here anymore?”

“Open your eyes wolf, of course he doesn’t want to stay here. Can you blame him?”

“No I can’t, sorry Severus that was a stupid question. I’ll get his things now.”

“Thank you Lupin,” Severus sighed like it pained him to admit such a thing.

“No problem, anything for Harry,” he replied before walking out the room.

He headed back into the meeting room, with his trademark scowl on his face. So many people had things they needed to answer for, himself included. He disliked the child immensely but he would never hurt him or any other child no matter how annoying they could get. What the hell provoked Black to the point where he resulted to physical violence? Maybe he could ask Harry when he got back to Hogwarts, so they could get to the bottom of this. He noticed that no one seemed to care about the man on the floor, they just stepped over him if they needed to pass by. He watched as Albus finally took pity on the man and enervated him, and the meeting finally started.

~*~*~*~*~*Hogwarts~*~*~*~*

“Harry I know I didn’t want to stay locked up in Snape’s quarters either, but maybe we shouldn’t go to Hogsmeade. I mean think of what he’ll do to us if we get caught, and what if he comes back to Hogwarts early?” Ron asked, as they entered the secret passage way to Honeydukes.

“He won’t Ron, jeez you really are starting to sound just like Hermione.”

“I am not, I only wanted to point out that we don’t have the cloak, and anything could happen Harry be reasonable. We could always have some fun in the Room of Requirment.”

“I am Ron, I just wanted some chocolate and to feel happy is all. But we can go back if you really don’t want to do this,” Harry replied warily.

“There’s no point mate, we’re already here, lets just get the stuff and get back ok?” Ron replied sighing in defeat.

“Cool, thanks mate you’re the best,” Harry replied as he scampered out the passage way.      

      As soon as they entered the shop Ron forgot all about Snape, especially when Harry grabbed his hand and gave him 10 galleons before running off to get his own treats. Not feeling bad or ashamed in the slightest he started picking out his treats. They lost track of the time, due to the amounts of candy that grabbed their attention. As they were finally leaving Ron took a look at his wristwatch and and groaned they had wasted an 1 hour and a half in the shop, Snape could be back now or any minute. He was going to kill them if he got back and they weren’t in his quarters. Pulling Harry by the hand they ran through the passage way back to the castle, and back down to the dungeons. They stood gasping from their run in front of Snape’s door and looked at one another in horror, how in the heck were they supposed to get back in when they didn’t even know the password? They were so screwed, oh well that couldn’t be helped now. Sitting down in front of the door, they opened their candy bags and tasted a few. Hoping that the man wouldn’t kill them at least.

~*~*~*~Grimmauld Place~*~*~*~

Severus frowned at the poor excuse for the man across the table, how dare he lay a hand on Lily’s child and then try to pretend it was nothing? He was no worse then those muggles, at least he accepted that he was deliberatly mean to the child because of who his father was. It doesn’t excuse either of them, nor Albus for placing him with Petunia for the last 15 years. He couldn’t even imagine the amount of damage she had done to the boy, it was a wonder the boy was still functioning after all their abuse. The meeting was over after he had given his report and was just about to floo when the mutt grabbed his shoulder. He was already not in the mood, just having found out about Potter’s home life, if Black didn’t remove his hand from his person he would not and could not be responsible for his actions.

“What did you do to Harry you greasy git?”

“I took him away like he asked, because unlike you I don’t harm children. No matter who their father’s are or how much they annoy me.”

“Right so you say that now, I know and everyone else knows how much you hate my godson.”

“Oh yes I bet they do. But I bet none of them will ever accuse me of laying my hand on him  now will they? Why did you hurt Potter? What could he have possibly done to annoy you so much to the point where you resulted to physical violence?”

“As if you didn’t know, this is all your fault.”

“I fail to see how I am at fault here.” Severus calmly replied, he was confused if anything.

“He was defending you, of all people you. Not James or me like he should have. Why would he do that unless you did something to him?”

“What are you insinuating Black? Why would Potter defend me?”

“He did though, about how we treated you in school. He called us bullies, that he could see why you treated him like you do. He sympathized with you, why would he turn on his father and godfather for a git like you? I know you brainwashed him, you did something for him to think that.”

“Is that what you really believe? Then you really are just as hopeless like I thought. If you must know your godson was a victim of bullying, and I’m pretty sure he was ashamed to notice how similar his father was to his cousin. I suggest you remove your arm from my shoulder if you wish to retain the use of it.”

“I don’t believe that, Harry wasn’t bullied. And I know for a fact that you did something to him, I just cant prove it. You’re a deatheater, he’s probably being imperio’ed.”

“You sound like a fool Black, do you not hear yourself? Listen to the nonsense spouting from your mouth for once.” 

Severus tried to shrug his shoulders to remove the man’s arm but he refused to let go. He never like being touched, years of living with an abusive father could do that to a person. He took his hand and pushed the arm away from him and turned to walk away from the man but he really couldn’t take a hint. He could see Harry’s trunk waiting by the floo, and he headed for it. He was grabbed again and this time he reacted without thinking, but then again the man was warned. It was reflex really, his left hand shot out and twisted the man's arm. But before Black could think of reacting Severus's right fist landed smack in beetween in the man’s eyes and down he went. There was gasps from around the room and he could see Albus looking at him in disappointment but he didn’t care for once. He did not like his personal space invaded, everyone in this room including the man on the floor knew it. He looked around for the wolf, wanting to avoid a confrontation with him, when he saw him smirking at him from his post in the doorway.

“Don’t let Albus make you feel bad Severus, guess who knocked him out the first time?”           

 Severus nodded and hurriedly turned around, it wouldn’t do for them to see the wide grin that seem to take over his entire face. Taking the trunk and shrinking it he flooed back to Hogwarts.

~*~*~*~*~*Hogwarts outside Snape’s Quarter’s~*~*~*~*

“Do you think he’s back yet?” Ron asked as he shoved his remaining treats into his robe pockets.

“I don’t know, can you hear anything inside?” Harry asked swallowing a chocolate frog.

“I don’t know, maybe we should knock on the door?” Ron asked finally.

“You do it, you don’t really think he’ll kill us do you?” Harry asked a bit worried.

“Hide your sweets Harry, this is Snape we’re talking about. I think I just heard the floo. Oh man, get ready,” Ron replied already cringing away.

~*~*~*~Severus’s Quarters~*~*~*~

He knew the minute he landed in his quarters that something wasn’t right, and one glance around proved it. They were gone, trying to hold in his temper before he did anything rash he looked around at least for a note. Of course there wasn’t one, resisting the urge to curse he took out his wand and did a point me spell. It led him to the front door, he opened it to find the two boys scrambling back on their feet from where they were sitting on the floor. They looked fine, but what were they doing outside when he specifically told them to stay inside.

“Get inside, your very lucky that Umbridge doesn’t come down to the dungeons often. What were you doing, I thought I told you to stay inside?”

“We did, we just wanted to get some air is all,” Ron replied head down.

“Is there anything you want to add Mr. Potter?”

“No sir, what Ron said. We just took a little walk is all.”

“A walk you say, and where did you go.” Severus asked quietly.

“Nowhere special, just to Honey…I mean Gryffindor Common Room?” Harry stammered out.

“Harry you dolt,” Ron whispered but the damage was done.

“You went where? And don’t either of you think of lying to me again, or you will regret it.”

“We went to Honeydukes Professor, just wanted some sweets.”

“You walked in broad daylight, with no teachers outside of Hogwarts protective wards for some treats?”

“Well no, we didn’t we’re not that dumb,” Ron replied affronted.

“Then how did you get there?”

"We took the..." Ron was interuppted as Harry shoved him him to shut up.

“Just what you said sir, we’re very sorry.” Harry answered glaring at Ron for almost giving away the secret passageway.

"If you say so, if I find out your lying to me.." Severus answered and trailed off, he was sure they were hiding something but for now, he's let it lie.

“Take a seat on the couch, have you eaten? And I’m not talking about sweets?

”“No sir,” they mumbled.

“Don’t move, and I mean it this time, you won’t like what’ll happen.”          

  Harry sat rimrod straight on the couch as Snape went into the kitchen, he didn’t know what the man was going to do to them but he knew it wasn’t something good. Why wasn’t he taking points already? Was he waiting to scare them into thinking more horrible things like Uncle Vernon? Maybe he was going to tell him that he had to go back to Grimmauld Place. If that wasn’t the case then where was his trunk? Trying to ward off the incoming panic feeling deep in his chest he looked around for anything to distract his self with. He found nothing and by the time Snape walked back into the room he was barely holding himself together.

He trusted the man yes, but he also trusted Sirius and looked what happened with him. As Snape reached out for his shoulder he couldn’t stop himself from the flinch nor could he prevent himself from ending up halfway across the room to get away from the man. He watched his teacher’s expression with guarded eyes trying to calm himself, and ignore the look of concern in Ron’s face. What was wrong with him? He had worked hard to control his skittish nature throughout the years and one day with Sirius ruined it all.

“Potter, I wasn’t going to harm you.”

“I know that sir, I’m sorry.” Harry replied eyes downcast in shame.

“It’s not your fault I startled you,” Severus answered calmly.

“When am I going back sir?”

“Excuse me?”

“When do I have to go back with Sirius I mean?”

“You don’t, unless I’m mistaken and you want too?”

“No I don’t, but you didn’t bring my trunk back. So I thought I had to stay there.”

“The Headmaster would never allow you to stay somewhere where someone was hurting you.”

“Of course not sir,” Harry replied sarcastically and in disbelief, then why did he have to stay with the Durselys?

“Fine, I would never allow it then. You won’t be going back, be it Black’s or the Durselys.”

Harry was now gaping slack jawed at the man across from him, how did he find out about that? He was able to hide most of his memories from his childhood but who told him about the Durselys? Was it Ron? No, one look at his face and he could tell that he was just as surprised as Harry was.

“I don’t know what your talking about sir,” Harry whispered.

“I think you do Potter, but I still meant what I said. You will not be going back to either. Now come along, we’re about to have dinner.”      

      Harry headed to the table with Ron in beetween Snape and himself and they sat down. He wasn’t about to touch anything until both his mate and Professor served themselves first, that was how he was taught. But they both stared at him, when he made no move to grab the food.

“Not here Harry, you don’t wait and get the leftovers. If you won’t do it, I’ll serve you myself,” Ron replied knowingly said and grabbed his plate.

“Thanks Ron but I can do it,” Harry answered head down.

“Don’t worry about it, just eat for once.”    

        Severus watched them quietly interact while he served himself. Those muggles had a lot to pay for, Albus was right this child was inches away from a breakdown. He didn’t know if he was the adequate person to care for him at the moment. Damn Albus for putting this on his shoulders.

“50 points from Gryffindor each for your reckless behavior and 2 weeks worth of detention when classes resume, for not listening to your Professor when you were told to stay put.”

The twin glares he received as he finished his dinner was well worth it, their behavior was not to be rewarded no matter what Albus said.

“Hurry up and eat, because we will be leaving in 30 minutes.”

“Where are we going?”

“You Mr. Weasely is going back to Grimmauld Place.”

“What about Harry?”

“Mr. Potter will be staying with me at my home.”

“No, he can’t…” Ron trailed off in horror.

Harry tuned the conversation out, once again he was getting foisted off onto a person who resented his very existent. Was the Headmaster trying to kill him before he reached majority? Why did he have to stay with Snape of all people? He couldn’t help but feel like he was getting punished for something else. He was going to be alone with Snape for the next 2 and half weeks and who knows what the man may do to him. Harry kept his head down, he knew from the tone of voice that no amount of arguing was going to help. He wished Ron could come along too, he didn’t want to be alone with Snape. What if he got really angry at Harry and decided to hurt him too? He did not like Adult males for a reason, they always prove him right.

“Are you sure I can’t stay with anyone else sir?”

“No Mr. Potter, there isn’t anyone else.”

“Not even the Weaseleys?”

“No, the Burrow doesn’t have the protective wards like my Manor does.”

“Can I just go back to the Durselys then?” Harry asked dejectedly.

“Are you mad Harry? You would rather go back to the muggles then Snape? What the bloody hell mate?”

“Yes Mr. Potter please enlighten me on that one. Why in the world would you want to go back into an abusive house, when I’m offering you a safe alternative?”

Because you can always hurt me too, at least with the Durselys I won’t be walking on eggshells on what to expect he thought. The panic feeling came back, and he wondered if anyone else felt like they had no control over their own lives. Harry shook his head, the corners of his eyes were getting dark spots in them, and he could see Ron talking to him but he couldn’t hear him. Who turned off the sound? He was getting dizzy what was going on?

“Breathe Potter, you foolish boy.” Severus yelled.

“Harry calm down, Merlin what the hell is wrong with him?” Ron asked.

“Panic attack Weasley, surely you can see what’s in front of you.”

“I knew that, but why is he having one now? What set this one off?”

“I do not know, maybe if he calms down we can ask.” Severus replied finally get up from the table to help Harry.

“Harry, calm down your safe. No one here is going to hurt you I promise.”            

Severus sent Ron to get a calming potion from his lab and he eased the child from the chair and into his arms. This boy needed nutritive potions at the very least he was as light as a 2nd year. He cradled him like he did earlier and spoke soothing words in his ears to calm him down.      

      Harry was feeling like a baby, so embarrassed that this was the 2nd time in 24 hours that he panicked and was once again in Snape’s arms. What was wrong with him? Why did this keep happening? He was giving the man plenty of things to use against him, and when he did that who was going to save Harry then?     

       Ron looked on in amazement, potion in his hand but he wasn’t going to move from his position. The way his Professor handled Harry’s attack was so reminicent of his parent’s care for him, he didn’t want to disturb this precious moment. This was good Harry needed Snape, and from the looks of it Snape needed Harry too.

Chapter End Notes:
Enjoy and thanks for the reviews