Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 10

“It is Luna,” they heard a dreamy voice. Hermione shook her head and they both remained silent. “And it’s cold.”

 There was silence for a while and Harry wondered if he shouldn’t ask her to identify herself. Whoever it was, was here anyway, but Hermione put a finger in front of her lips and they waited.

 “Perhaps I should talk a little. Well… let’s see. Harry, do you remember that in your fifth year you and I could see the Thestrals but most of the others couldn’t?”

 Harry was still not sure, Luna had been imprisoned by the Death Eaters for a while and they could have got the information out of her. Harry felt as paranoid as good old Moody.

 “Okay,” Luna continued. “I suppose I will just keep talking until you are convinced it is me. I know it is not easy to be convinced of things like that, especially in these days... It is a strange Muggle town. I’ve never been to one. Professor Snape’s Patronus lead me here - did you know it is a doe? It is very beautiful, but I kept losing sight of her. When I tried to cross a very busy road, a strange man came up and told me that there was a zebra crossing a hundred yards up the road. Well, I do hope the zebra had more luck than I…”

 “It’s her!” Harry exclaimed and grinned from ear to ear. They were both so fast trying to open the door that they bumped into each other, stumbled and sat on the floor giggling. It felt so good.

 The three friends spent ages hugging each other.

 “How are you, Luna?” Harry finally managed to ask.

 “I’m okay, really. Severus protected me the whole time and claimed I was his.”

 “We missed you. We were so worried.” Hermione said.

 “Oh thank you! I am very glad I found this place finally. Harry, I brought you something Severus gave to me.” She pulled a wand out of her robe and handed it to him.

 “Whose is it?” Harry asked and accepted. A small shadow fell over Luna’s face.

 “It was Dean’s.”

 “Where is he?” Harry asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

 “Actually, Harry, that is a very good question. I have always wondered where people go after they die.”

 Heavy silence hung between the three of them. Another man down. They’d all liked Dean, he was loyal, bright and brave.

 “Professor Snape also told me about the last Horcrux,” Luna changed the topic. “I was thinking… You-Know-Who had tried to use a relic from each house, so maybe it is Ravenclaw’s lost Diadem?”