Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 11

“Lost?” Harry asked, trying not to show his disappointment.

 “Only because no-one has managed to find it yet,” Luna answered happily. “But if we just try and think like he did, we may be able to figure it out. I am very good at riddles.”

 The three of them sat down to brainstorm. It would definitely be in Hogwarts, they all agreed on that. And somewhere Voldemort thought only he could discover.

 “The secret passageways?” Harry asked.

 “Not fancy enough for him I guess,” Hermione answered and shook her wild curls.

 “I agree with Hermione,” Luna said approvingly.

 “The Room of Requirement!” Harry and Hermione shouted at the same time and felt themselves reminded of the Weasley twins.

 “That is what I thought, too. Professor Snape also gave me this.” She opened a large bag that she’d brought and pulled out the Sword of Gryffindor. “He told me I can use this to destroy it. I hope he is okay.”

 Harry and Hermione nodded, the pain in Harry’s scar wasn’t a very good sign at all.

  “Before I go… may I have something to eat first?”

 Hermione started to jump up, but Harry placed his hand on her shoulder. He fancied something edible for a change.

 “I will do it. You two talk and figure out how to get into Hogwarts unnoticed.”

 A full English Breakfast later - Harry had made beans, runny eggs, sausages, toast, bacon and poured tea and orange juice - they were full of energy and up for anything. Harry felt bad eating all of Snape’s food, so he had put a plate with a large portion aside and placed a plate on top of it.

 Luna insisted she would go alone, because she didn’t want Snape to arrive just to find them gone and not having listened to his instructions.

 “I have Polyjuice potion,” she announced. “I will stun one of the Slytherin girls in Hogsmeade and try and get into the castle and destroy the Diadem. Harry, you should feel the pain in your scar, so as soon as you do, you must destroy the other two Horcruxes, exactly at the same time.”

 They hugged goodbye for ages, wished each other good luck and parted.

 When she was gone, Harry just stared at the prepared food for Snape.

 “I just hope he’ll get the chance to eat it,” Hermione said.

 “Yes. By the way, what did Dumbledore say to you?” Harry looked at Hermione curiously. Instead of answering him, Hermione buried her face in her hands and burst out crying.