Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 24

"Potter, I need your word on something," Snape said.

Snape was a completely wreck by now but Harry wasn't in his best shape either. Perhaps it wasn't the best time for Unbreakable Vows just now.

"What is it?" Harry asked sleepily.

"This sob story of mine… I need you to keep it to yourself."

Harry sighed.

"Which one? The one about my mum?"

Snape nodded slowly.

"Yes."

Harry thought long and as hard as he could in his state but came to the conclusion that he had to decline politely.

"I can't do that. I'm afraid your name will not be cleared if I don't say everything. The last thing you did was bring me to Voldemort," Harry explained.

Snape leaned back, a pained expression on his face and stared at the ceiling.

"I do have some pride left and do not wish to be viewed as some pathetic laughing figure."

"It's not pathetic, Snape. It's not."

The dark man sneered and glared at him again, but all Harry could see where the those deep, black wounds again.

"Not pathetic? A doe? You might as well cut my balls off, Potter."

Harry shook his head once more which caused the room to spin a bit.

"Nope. Not doing it."

Snape rubbed his forehead tiredly and then the old, calculating Slytherin appeared.

"How about a deal. You keep your mouth shut and I will leave you Pensieve memories of your mother."

Harry shook his head again.

"That is not fair. And no, I am not doing it, even for… that. You will go to Azkaban and…"

Hermione stirred slightly in her sleep, rolled over and her cover fell to the floor. Snape stood up, stumbled slightly and put her cover back on.

"Fine," Snape snarled, now a foul-mooded git again.

"I am sorry, Snape. It's just not right. I couldn't live with myself knowing you are rotting away in a cold cell – having fought on the light side for so many years…"

"Stop thinking about yourself, Potter," Snape slurred and actually had to support his own weight on the door handle in order to not fall down.

"What a strange thing to say to the Boy-Who-Sacrificed-Himself," Harry answered, his chin raised high, his mind made up.

Snape took an unhealthy, greenish colour and almost fell. Harry jumped up and stumbled towards him, supported his weight and dragged him to the downstairs loo.

"Are you okay in there? Harry asked after an eternity of retching and moaning.

"Just dandy, Potter. Go to sleep."

Chapter End Notes:
Merry Christmas ya lovelies! Hope you've been good!