Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 25

Harry felt wonderful. In fact, he felt absolutely divine. Next to his bed was an empty bottle of water he had drank through the night and an empty phial of one of Snape's Hangover Potions. The sun was shining outside, he loved the sun. There was snow, it was Christmas Day, the world was perfect.

He stood up, stretching, ready to sing some stupid Christmas song but he couldn't think of any because the Dursleys had never let him participate in the festivities. However, even that didn't dampen his spirit. He felt like dressing up nicely, like shaving, having a shower, having a good breakfast.

After an eternity under the hot shower (oh, how he enjoyed the feeling of being clean and fresh and no-one told him not to use too much hot water, no-one told him to get out of the bathroom) he chose the nicest robe in the wardrobe and smiled.

Downstairs waited a lovely breakfast, bacon and scrambled eggs and fried tomatoes, toast, all kept warm, just for him. Harry devoured it, every single bite. Food was lovely.

Harry Potter made plans, his own plans, for a change. He would go and visit the Burrow, see Ginny and Mrs Weasley and perhaps even Ron.

Only now did he notice that nobody was around. A large phial was placed in the middle of the table, a tiny note was attached to it.

Happy Christmas, Harry.

It was full of a smoky, silvery liquid.

Memories.

Harry smiled his broadest smile, he knew the contents, knew what it meant. Oh, and he realised how much it must have cost Snape to actually bring himself to share those memories of Lily.

He stretched, yawned, smiled, polished his boots, flattened his hair as much as it allowed him to.

He had a name to clear and a life to live.

 

 o o o o o O O O O O o o o o o


Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you enjoyed my little story. I had a lot of help from my two betas rosina and slashypotterness, without them the whole thing wouldn't make sense, it would be full of mistakes and generelly, quite rubbishy. THANK YOU! Also to my reviewers and the silent readers (the ones with the saver subscription), hope you enjoyed it!

The End.