Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I know that it has been forever, but here is more.
RECAP: Snape is alive, Yaxley escaped Azkaban, and Harry has almost died once. Harry Ginny and Snape fought Yaxley in a battle, which cause Ginny to die. Harry has been shot and both he and Snape have fallen into unconsciousness. Will they live?
The Right Choice

Snape opened his eyes, knowing that he was dead. He was not able to keep his vow to Lily and both he and Harry were dead.

“Severus” A woman’s voice called as a bright light appeared behind him.

Snape turned around and held his hand up to block the light. When the light had diminished, he lowered his hand to see a red-haired woman standing before him.

“Lily.”

A smile crept across her face before she ran full force into his arms. Snape held her tight. He was back with the only woman that he ever loved, feeling safe with her in his arms.

“Sev, thank you so much for watching Harry.”

“How can you thank me when I have failed you?”

“You have not failed. Harry is alive, but only barely. He is currently between the living and the dead.”

“Then have….Am I the same way? Am I between life and death?”

“No. As of now, you are very much alive. You are in a sedated sleep, but you will have a choice. I need to know what happened after Harry was shot.”

So Snape told her what Harry said about Ginny.

“I fear that he has given up.” Snape confided in her. “She was his one and only love. If the boy survives, he may never get over her death.”

“That sounds like someone I know.” Lily chimed in.

“My case is different.”

“How so?”

“I practically killed you. I have as much of your blood on my hands as Voldemort.

“You did not kill me. Voldemort would have found out eventually.”

“I took you away from your son too soon. Had you died later, your death would have been felt by more people.”

“I am glad that I died when I did. It was better on Harry that we did not spend more time with him.”

“Harry has an old man’s heart. He had experienced more pain than any man on earth.”

“And has he not lived through it? He is a fighter.”

“You told me that I had a choice to make?” Snape questioned, switching topics quickly.

“Yes. There are two doors behind me. Do you see them?”

Snape looked over Lily’s shoulder but couldn’t see anything. The wall behind her began to shimmer and two doors appeared.

“The door on your right allows you to continue to live. The door on the left allows you to move on and stay with me.”

The idea of being with Lily excited Snape. That’s what he wanted all those years ago when he found her dead. There were new questions though, ones which were stopping Snape from making a quick decision.

“What if Harry survives?” Snape thought. “Who would help him? I am the only one who really knows what he is going through. What if he doesn’t survive? Where would the kids go?”

“What are you thinking about? Sev, please talk to me.” Lily said as she place a hand on his arm.

“I have always wanted to ask you something.”

“Then ask.”

Snape was hesitant. What if he didn’t like the answer that Lily gave him? The need to know outweighed his fears.

“Let’s say that we finished Hogwarts as friends. Would you have married me if I had asked?”

“I would have.” Lily answered.

Snape would have had a family. He would have married the woman of his dreams. It was what they both wanted. Snape tried to imagine what his life would have been like, but he couldn’t. It was not the life that he had now. That life was one filled with happiness, his was one of misery.

“What changed your mind?” Snape questioned, even though he already knew the answer.

“You became a death eater. I would have forgiven you for calling me that awful name. I did forgive you eventually, but I couldn’t forgive you for becoming a death eater.”

“You should have never forgiven me for anything that I did to you.”

“That’s not me, Sev. I forgive people if it feels right to me. You knew that I detested dark magic, so that was really the only thing that I couldn’t forgive you for.” Lily caught Severus looking at the doors behind her. “Do you remember what I told you last time?” She questioned.

“You told me that Harry would need someone to watch out for him after the war. He needed someone who knew what loss felt like. Is this what you were talking about? Did you know that Ginny was going to die?”

“No. All I knew was that people that Harry knew would die, and he would need help getting through it. He needs help more than ever, now that his wife is gone.”

Snape stared off sadly at the doors, then turned to Lily. He knew that she was right.

“I was planning on going back, if you were trying to convince me.”

Lily laughed and smiled.

“I knew that you were going to. I just felt that you needed to know that.”

Snape embraced her.

“I love you, Lily.”

“I love you too, Sev.” Lily spoke while smiling, then it disappeared. “Harry needs help moving on. Both of you can help each other move on. You should really find someone else to be with.”

“I can’t do that.” Severus said with a shake of his head.

“Why not?”

“You know why, Lily. No one would marry a former death eater. Also, not being married is a tribute to you and it lets me remember the mistakes that I have made.”

“I don’t like seeing you alone, Sev.”

“I am not alone anymore. I have your son now, but if it makes you feel better I will try to move out from the past.”

Lily kissed him, then hugged him while whispering.

“That is all I ever wanted from you.”

When they let go of each other, Snape moved past Lily, toward the door that would bring him back to the living. He reached the door and turned back to the woman that he loved and still loves.

“I love you Lily.”

“I love you too, Sev.”

Severus kissed his finger tips and pushed them out to Lily. She did the same thing in return.

“I will always love you Severus.”

Before anything could change Severus’ mind, he pushed his way through the door. Had he not gone through then, he may never have left. A bright light greeted him, causing his eyes to shut quickly. Just as fast as it appeared, it disappeared and a strange beeping noise took its place. Snape slowly opened his eyes to confirm what he knew. Severus Snape was back among the living.

Chapter End Notes:
How about that?