Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
A short chapter. I know that it has been a while.
Fighting His Way Back

He ran toward the door out of the locker room, only to find it locked. Turning back to the entrance, Harry saw a solid wall. He spun around trying to find a door out, but the walls had changed to silver with no door out. Harry began to panic. Had they led him into a trap? No, Harry had to trust them. He sat on the floor and waited….and waited…..and waited. Nothing happened. Suddenly the wall across from where Harry was sitting changed white. Harry focused on it in curiosity when an image appeared on the wall. It began moving and Harry realized that it was a type of film. It was the most horrific thing Harry had ever seen, which was saying a lot.

It started with his mother’s death. Then Ron almost died playing wizards chess and Harry almost died fighting Voldemort. Then came the chamber of secrets, where Ginny and Harry both had been close to death. Cold spread over Harry instantly, like he had been dipped in ice water. Dementors appeared on the screen, showing the three separate attacks. Had Dumbledore not stopped Harry from falling, he would be dead. Sirius almost died that year as well. Then Cedric hit the ground dead, the killing curse caught him square in the chest. Then Sirius fell through the curtain. Then Dumbledore fell off the tower, killed by Snape. Hogwarts appeared on the screen in shambles and the faces of those who died flashed by on the screen. Fred, Lupin, Tonks, Snape, and the faces of so many others. Then that spell went and hit Ginny.

Harry turned away, he couldn’t watch it anymore. All those deaths were Harry’s fault. They had all died for him. He owed his life to these people and to some, more than once. Tears stung his eyes. Harry just wanted to get back to the living. Pulling his knees up to his chest, Harry knew that he was going to go insane.

“My name is Harry Potter.” He muttered. “I was the chosen one and I am the boy who lived. None of these deaths were my fault, That’s what everyone tells me. Severus Snape really isn’t dead. Ginny Weasley, the love of my life, is dead. I have three beautiful children. Albus, James, and Lily all need me. I just want to see my kids.”

Harry had to hold on to this idea or he would forget everything and go mad. Harry kept saying the words over and over to himself.

“I just want to see my kids again.” Harry shouted, tears rolling down his face.

It suddenly got dark. It was a complete darkness that encased Harry. But he was back in his own body. He couldn’t move, but he could feel it. It felt right. There was a voice that he could hear occasionally. It was Snape.

Harry stayed in the darkness for a long time, getting stronger as time went on. Some times he felt alone, but Harry knew that Snape was always there. His kids came by once in a while and after one of there visits, Snape began to speak.


“Harry, you know that Albus looks a lot like you. He even has Lily’s eyes. After Lily and I parted ways, everyone said that I needed to forget her. There was no way that I could do that though. Your mother was my best friend. She was the greatest person that could have come into my life. She was the only person who was ever nice to me. I know that your mother thought of me as well.

I never told anyone this, but I saw you and your mother one day in Diagon Alley, before you all went into hiding. I was standing in the entrance to Knockturn Alley and your mother was standing across from the opening. You were standing at the window, looking at a broomstick. She picked you up so you could have a better look at it. You pointed at it and Lily said ‘One day little cub, but not now.’ When your mother met me, she used to call me a little cub because of how curious I was. I never stopped thinking of her and I know that you will never stop thinking about Ginny.” Snape paused of a moment, the only sound was a deep sigh.

“It gets better after awhile. You won’t stop thinking of her and eventually thinking of her won’t hurt anymore. Yeah, some days are worse than others, but overall it’s okay. I can promise you that it will get better.”

Snape stop speaking, placing his head in his hands. It had been too long since Harry was brought here and nothing had changed.

“I know.” A voice whispered.

Snape looked up and grabbed Harry’s hand.

“Harry, thank god, you’re awake.” Snape said, with a crack in his voice and tears in his eyes.

Chapter End Notes:
Oh my. How's Harry going to handle everything?