Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

How It All Ends

Harry was filled with shock. How did this man get out of Azkaban? The papers said that he was not one of the those who had escaped. Of course, Harry thought, the papers are under the control of Voldemort. They would cover up the disappearance of one of Voldemort’s most loyal followers

“What did you do to this man?” Harry questioned, running to the potions master and kneeling beside him

“Severus Snape has been unfaithful to my cause recently, so he must pay for his indiscretions. I know what he told you that night, so now I give you my proposal. You are to drop your wand to the ground and come with me. If you do this, I shall allow Severus Snape, your real father, to go free. What will it be Harry Potter?”

Harry stayed kneeling next to the potions master.

“Please….Harry.” Snape pleaded, grabbing a hold of his son’s forearm tightly.

Harry wrangled out of Snape’s grasp, stood up and moved away from Snape. He never took his eyes off the man.

“This man is the reason that my mother is dead and he almost killed my wife. I bear no love for this man because he bears none for me.” Harry turned to Voldemort. “I will go down fighting you, Riddle, just like my mother.”

“No….Harry……You don’t mean that.” Snape pleaded, his eyes wide with fear.

“Very well, Harry Potter. You have sealed your fate as well as his.” Voldemort nodded to Snape. “Avada Kedavra!” Voldemort roared, his wand pointed at Severus Snape, who fell to the ground, dead on impact.

“NO!” Harry shouted, not knowing that Voldemort would kill his most loyal follower.

“No, it is time for you to die as well.” Voldemort growled.

Not very much is known about how this ends. Harry tells me that both he and Voldemort sent off simultaneous spells, they had impacted each other with the sound of a canon firing. We know that Harry defeats Voldemort for a second time in his life. The few death eaters that had been in the forest disappeared at the death of their master. Harry doesn’t remember much after that. Minerva Mcgongall tells me that they entered the forest, knowing that Voldemort was now hiding in there.

When she and the other staff members of Hogwarts entered the scene of Voldemort’s downfall, they got a shocking surprise. Harry had been kneeling in the middle of the clearing, holding onto Severus Snape, and crying over the man’s body.


Now it all makes sense as I walk back to Severus Snape’s grave. Harry had come to realize that if Snape did not love him, why had the man watched him for all those years? The answer could have only been that he had loved his son, even though Snape had stated that night that it was because he had loved Lily. He had also come to realize that Snape would not have protected him or chewed him out, at least once a year, if he did not love his son. The man had to love him. Why would he have protected Harry from Lupin when he turned into a werewolf. Why would he have taught Harry occlumency? It could only have been because this was Severus Snape’s perverse way of showing his love. I stand in front of the grave marker and look down. I had known this man in life and yet, I had never known him at the same time. I had known Lily as well and knew that they were going to be together for life. I was as shocked as anyone when I had learned that Snape had divorced her. I guess I know the reason now. I wish that I could have done something more to help the man, but I can’t dwell on the past. Looking down, I read Severus Snape’s grave marker.

Severus Snape

1/9/1960-10/31/2004

Father, Husband, Friend, Hero

He may be gone, but his life will forever impact those who choose to listen to his story.

We always thought I would be the first one to leave this world. I say goodbye to my dear friend and walk away, reflecting on the story that I was told and what was written on the grave stone. As I walk down the row, I spot Lily Evan’s grave marker right besides to her real husband, Severus Snape. I make it up to the hill that I was standing on as I watched the ceremony and I turn back for one last look. The words that I just read ring through my head. ‘He may be gone, but his life will forever impact those who choose to listen to his story.’ Fitting, I know that he would have loved it, if he were still here.

The End.
Chapter End Notes:
Hey, this is the last chapter. Please let me know what you think.