Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
This is my first attempt at anykind of Fanfiction so I'm sorry for the quality and any mistakes.

Disclaimer: I own none of the characters all the property of JKR, I merely borrow them for my own entertainment.
Author's Chapter Notes:
A little short but more should hopefully follow soon.
Prologue

Harry James Potter, hero of the wizarding world, stared forlornly through the tiny gap in his cupboard door. Rising this morning to start cooking breakfast his cousin Dudley had tripped him and Harry had smashed one Aunt Petunia's vases.

Punishment as usual had been swift and unpleasant - one of Uncle Vernon's 'lessons'. Harry didn't want another one but he knew that Freaks needed correction- Uncle Vernon always said so.

Being a Freak was always getting Harry into trouble; it had definitely ruined his first day of school. Miss Bayswater hadn't realised that he was a Freak and talked and listened to him just like all the other normal children.

When Harry had got home Dudley complained straight away to Uncle Vernon and the light bulb had been removed from his cupboard as punishment. Harry had done his best to keep quiet and eventually it had worked, some of his freakiness must also have shown, and now Miss Bayswater paid him no attention.

Good that was good, not being noticed was good.

A shadow passed by the door and Harry flinched back violently against the wall biting his fist against the pain as the raised welts on his back throbbed with the impact. Freaks were not permitted to make noises in fact; evil didn't even deserve a voice. Uncle Vernon was quite clear about that,it must be true as even Aunt Petunia screwed up her face and glared when he spoke.

Harry shut his eyes tight and wished to God and the tooth fairy that he wouldn't accidently make another sound and earn another lesson from Uncle.

He hated all lessons from uncle but especially ones with the belt. They were the ones that reminded Harry of his crimes for weeks and weeks, they were the ones which left permanent bumpy ridges on his back and not just blue black patches on his arms for a few days.

The sharp fiery pain across his back encouraged Harry to squeeze his eyes tighter and wish harder- no more noise.

Within the under stairs cupboard of number 4 privet drive a small raven haired boy huddled in a blooded heap, unaware of the bright golden light that flashed and sparkled around him. This pulsing light continued brighter and brighter then faded suddenly - plunging the cramped space back into darkness.

Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully the next bit shall be up soon but I'm sorry I am likely to be quite slow.