Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

It was Time

Snape woke from a restless sleep to sounds coming from around him.

"Severus, they are here, it's time," Andrea said as she turned herself back into a cat and raced to the fireplace where Molly Weasley and Arthur Weasley had come through.

"I still feel so bad having to leave him in that kind of state whilst we can still take the older boys," Molly said as Bill and Charlie walked through. They had come home for the holidays. It was a lovely visit for the boys to be home for a while, but Molly wanted to see Harry's smiling face again more than anything. She felt so guilty for what had happened and as for Ron? He just lay on his bed constantly and barely ate! For a boy that rarely took his eyes off food and was always very energetic it was amazing to see him struggling to keep anything down and spending most of the time isolating himself to his bedroom.

These arrivals were shortly followed by that of Albus Dumbledore and Alastor Moody, having Moody in the house always made Snape feel uncomfortable but power was what he needed at that time, not comfort and Moody was certainly powerful. Minerva McGonagall was next chatting with Nymphadora Tonks. Tonks always drove Snape crazy, she was the least organised person that he knew but again, she was quite powerful. Remus Lupin came through and Snape's blood began to boil. But he had to allow for it and greet him nicely with a nod of his head like the others, respect him for what power he could bring to the fold. The abilities of the man himself and the creature within could prove useful that night. Hagrid shortly followed him. Whilst not having the ability to cast proper spells he was of age and maybe his love for Harry would come in handy for tonight. Xenophilius Lovegood was the last to arrive. Snape looked at the ceiling when he saw that idiot come through his fireplace. What did Ralph let him know for? A practical joke?

"Severus dear boy! You said you needed help well here we are!" Dumbledore said. Snape looked at those that had gathered. Some children, an old man, a cripple, he sighed, at least the Weasley's were here and that was something. Despite his evil bat of the dungeons image Molly had always seen right through it, the same as Lily had, maybe that's what made them such good friends at school. But…Lily…sweet Lily and he had a son to protect, he had to find him so that he could look after him. He felt that something was wrong especially when the Weasley's didn't know his wareabouts. Harry would always check in with his sidekick, Ron, if nobody else. For there to be no news there….

Snape pushed those thoughts away, he would have to make do with what he had.

"Welcome to my home!" Snape said trying to sound cheerful, but it sounded more like an invitation to join the grim reaper for a tea party.

"Are you sure that you want us to help you with the Mentis Corpus Spiritis my dear boy? Because I would be more than willing to do the spell, I have practice in such things you know. Also I know a way around the blood laws," Dumbledore stated in a quiet manner to Snape. Minerva McGonagall had been slowly sneaking towards Dumbledore during this speech and Molly Weasley had been slowly sneaking towards Snape. Expecting for the explosion at any second. And looking at Snape…there it was:

"NO!" Snape stated out loud, "that is MY son MY SON old man, NOT YOURS! Although I bet that plenty of times you have wanted to have him for your own. To groom in your own way, well you know what? You have NO rights over MY boy. I am going to do the spell AS THE BOYS FATHER! You KNOW that it would be more powerful with me performing the central aspect anyway." Snape yelled.

"Severus calm down," Molly stated.

"We should really start Dumbledore, it is getting into evening and the sooner that we start the sooner we can find Harry," McGonagall stated.

"Let's get the show on the road!" Xenophilius Lovegood stated as if it was time to go out on stage and start singing and do a little dance!

Snape swept past the idiot leading the way upstairs to the attic. A room that would fit everyone easily and could give the aspect of being close to nature, the tree outside and the window beside it always did bring that extra added aspect to the room. He stood in the middle of the pentacle which he had drawn the night before and calmly stated, "Albus and Alastor, you can work through protection, and give the spell the lift from the light which is needed, Molly and Arthur, I need you to hone in your parenting skills and help me work through location, Minerva and Tonks can help me have the speed and power which is needed, Remus, use the wolf, help me to smell him out, that goes for you two too, Bill and Charlie I need your strength behind the spell" Snape said looking at both of his dogs, "Hagrid and Xenophillius you know what to do!"

Snape had absolutely no idea what those two would do to bring to the spell but whatever it was he was sure that it was better to have their support and power however little that may be to be able to enhance the spell for that night, he was going to find out where his son was as if his life depended on it.

"You already explained all of this, even positioning in your letter Severus, don't you remember?" Xenophilius stated with a smile on his face and a laugh.

Snape had to use all of his willpower not to turn around and slap that look off that idiots face. But he knew in his heart that he had to go through with all of this, for Harry, it was more important for him to find his son than to allow himself to get over emotional.

"Then let us begin shall we?" Snape stated as he started to walk the steps of the pentacle, the cat at his side just like he had the night before. The two dogs were positioned as they were the night before, waiting for any intruders who may come in and just focusing on thoughts of Harry to try and help through the night. Remus Lupin had taken himself out of the room, and walked towards the tree leading towards the window. There he stood with his arms open faced upwards towards the sky as it slowly began to rain. Whilst Lupin did not control the rain the wolf within could sense weather and rain, like Harry's tears which he had shed so many times over the years. Was just what the spell needed. The raindrops hit Lupins skin and changed colours to rainbow before spinning a spiralling circle around the man and then shooting back up towards the sky. Back in the attic, Albus Dumbledore and Alastor Moody both pointed their wands straight up towards the ceiling as they started to make twirls of magic around the room. Albus turning himself to the right as he did so and Alastor to the left. Rushing out of their wands as if on a sea of magic. Moody's magic seemed to stream through Dumbledore's as if through some complicated piece of tapestry. Purple streams mixed through the blue and white of the waves.

Hagrid had seated himself in the middle of the pentacle, crossing his legs and looking to all the world like a statue of budda. Deep in meditation he allowed himself to think about how important Harry was, how very special and how he was the kind of creature that Hagrid would do all he could to help protect and to nurture regardless of what anybody else had to say about it. Molly and Arthur Weasley had joined hands and were walking very seriously around in a circle just around where Hagrid was meditating. Thinking of the love that they had for all of their children but particularly the love they had for Harry. Of the first time that they had seen him and how their hearts had melted. Of how the boys had explained to them about the bars on his window at his uncle's place and how they were feeding him through a cat flap. Thinking of how hard the boy had, of the boys parents and of the love they had for the boy. The purple and blue and black which came sweeping out of the Weasley's magic encircled Hagrid in gold and then moved as if by a wave to join Dumbledore's and Moody's making the colour of the purple ribbon seem darker somehow and encircling the waves of blue with what seemed like a beautiful shadow.

McGonagall and Tonks were walking around each other as if ready to start a wizard duel, with big circles around the room both of them changing as they did so. Tonks was changing her hair colour from brilliant red to pink, purple, blue, green and highlighted colours streaming through it. McGonagall was transfiguring herself from a cat back to a woman every minute or so allowing the power behind the strength and agility of the feline within to be released through the spell. Bill and Charlie were walking with the two women stopping occasionally to cross their arms and stand as nijas with their arms spread out and legs apart as if to attack anything that might try to cause pain. The magic that circled the four as they did so was a brilliant mass of different shades of yellow, green and blue as if from a child's painting who had not as of yet started to define shapes. But threading through this mass of colour was what looked like silver and gold streamers bringing certain shapes to mind. Many of Harry's face as the magical pull was encased with the love that the four showed for the boy. The magic then thread itself into Dumbledore and Moody's, turning it from different colours to what seemed like an incredible rainbow of different colours all merging into one.

Xenophillius was putting on an amazing display of different colours as he danced around the room singing a simple tune. The tune of the elders, known to magic for many generations. Snape was impressed as he did not think the man of that much intelligent to know something like the old tunes or to bring such magic from within. As he saw Xenophillius' magic join the rest, as if a giant bubble had been placed around the rainbow giving it strength and protection and the tenderness it needed. Like a flower which needs the warmth of the sun in order to survive. For the first time that night he was glad the man had come. The sight of such magic was just incredible. With such strength and power behind it. Snape smiled when he saw it, oh yes. Tonight was the night he would find his boy.

Snape completed his pentacle for the fifth time and took stead steps towards the middle. Molly and Arthur stopped for a second offering a hand up to Hagrid who then joined the two Weasley's in their circle around the middle as Snape stood in Hagrid's place. It was time.

Snape stood turning slightly keeping his gaze on Molly Weasley, for his old friend knew the strength that he needed that night and was prepared to help all she could. Molly whispered the words in English as Snape chanted them in latin. Helping by building understanding to the spell and compassion.

Nihil est praedestinatus: praeterita possunt impedimenta quae ducunt ad portas novae origine

Nothing is predestined: The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings.

lucerna corporis est oculus si fuerit oculus tuus simplex totum corpus tuum lucidum eri

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

levare anima in nocte

lift my soul into the night

He took the potion out of his pocket, and drank it sitting himself into the middle of the circle.

The others continued to send their magic into the night as Snape sat and focused on his son and the urgency he had to find him. To know where he was. At right this minute.

He waited.

The others were showing signs of tiredness but they were not willing to give up after all this was all for Harry. They would find Harry and know how to get to him that night. It was possible, the spell would make it so and the power behind the spell could not be forgotten.

Still they waited.

Continuing in their quest to find Harry Potter. It was important both for Harry's own safety and for that of the wizarding world that the boy was found. Most people had only Harry's safety and wellbeing in their heart that night. Especially Snape as he felt a feeling of dread sweep over him.

They continued to wait.

"I'm so sorry," Snape stated as he prepared himself to stand up, "I guess that all we have done tonight is for naught."

"It's fine my dear boy!" Dumbledore stated as he started to lower his wand, "after all I can do it much better by myself things will be fine."

In response, Snape went unconscious dropping his head straight into the middle of the circle. Everybody smiled continuing to cast their spell deep into the night.