Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Finding Harry

Harry stirred next to the cupboards, still feeling quite dizzy and light headed he tried to sit up but found that he couldn't move. It scared him deeply. He was used to aches and pains but never an inability to move.

"Harry," a man's voice was sounding from the distance, "Harry."

Harry looked around the room and saw only a few feet away an image, as if straight off an old television into reality. A little hazy but still none the less there. He saw a man dressed in black who looked for all the world to be like a demon. Black hair, crooked nose, billowing black cape.

"Harry, I want to come for you, where are you boy?" the man asked. Harry felt an instinct to pull himself into a tight ball and quiver in fright but his body stubbornly refused to move.

"Harry, I don't want these people to hurt you Harry. Harry please tell me how to find you," he said, "Close your eyes Harry, help me see where you are."

There was something in the man that Harry trusted although he did not know why. He obeyed and he saw the man clearly in his mind.

"Dad? What's going on?" Harry asked quietly.

"It's ok Harry," Snape said and for the first time he was able to touch his boy. Harry felt Snape's arms wrap around him so strong and protective the safety and warmth which they brought made him smile.

"Harry, you need to tell me where you are. Please son, show me where you are, I need for you to wake up and show me where you are!" Snape stated.

Harry didn't want to leave but there was something urging him awake. He opened his eyes and heard voices coming into the room.

"GET OUT!" Vernon stated as he walked into the room grabbing the boy by the hair. He dragged him towards the door and threw him out into the corridor! "And you'd better not disturb Dudley and Piers I only just put them both to bed!" Petunia's voice called out. The door was slammed in Harry's face. He felt this feeling of anger overpowering him as if by some external force. But Harry simply ignored it. He would find some way to get into the room without waking up his cousin. He walked slowly down the corridor and opened the door to his cousins room. He may not have had a very comfortable nights sleep the night before but it was better than sleeping outside in the cold.

Unfortunately for him when he entered the room his cousin awoke. Getting out of bed he walked over towards Harry slowly stating "Thank goodness father says we will be rid of him tomorrow!"

"Yeah what was it he said Dudders? Oh yes…he said that we aren't allowed to be anywhere near the front entrance tomorrow afternoon,"

Harry walked away feeling this anger overwhelming his senses. He decided to go for a walk outside and he slowly made his way around the park. He tried to bring back the thoughts he had from that dream, that weird presence in the room with him, the safety which these events had made him feel. But he knew that the reality was there would never be safety, not for him. He was a worthless pathetic freak who didn't deserve such luxuries. His relatives were always telling him that. He looked up at the entranceway to the theme park seeing the words "Disneyland, where dreams come true" and the address of the theme park. He let out a quick snort of derision thinking of those words "where dreams come true" the only dreams that were coming true seemed to be those of his cousin and possibly, his uncle.

Harry walked back inside the hotel and tried to find himself a small area of the lobby in which to sleep. It was too cold that night to stay outside even though the days themselves seemed to be pleasantly warm. Ironic that the weather would be so pleasant when he was having one of the nastiest experiences in his whole life. Ten years...that was a long time for one boy to put up with the horrors he had to face each day. He found himself a quiet corner of the lobby where nobody was paying attention to the small boy. In the warm corner he slowly allowed himself to close his eyes and get some rest. Yes it was strange that nobody was paying attention to him there, but maybe, for that night, luck was on his side.

"Harry," the man said in his dream, "Harry"

"Dad! Please…please don't leave me here…please!" Harry begged his father through the mist.

"I must Harry, but I promise you, I will be back for you tomorrow. You shall not have to live one more day with these people if I have any say over it," he stated. He reached out to touch Harry, his boy, just to hold him one last time.

But the sensation of being pulled away from him was far too strong and Snape found himself suddenly waking up in the centre of the pentagram in his attic.

"Severus!" Molly Weasley was the first to his side, "Severus," she placed her hand on his shoulder, "did you…"

"I found him Molly, he is at Disneyland," Snape stated a look of fear in his eyes.

"Disneyland! Well that's fabulous!" Arthur Weasley stated not noticing the look of fear Snape had given, "it's a fun park like Wizardemo he will be having a great time! He…." Then he saw the look on Snapes face.

"No Weasley he will NOT be having a good time!" Snape stated.

"don't be ridiculous my dear boy of course he will be!" Dumbledore said chuckling and walking towards the man.

Snape glared daggers at the headmaster of Hogwarts as he simply stated one word,

"Dursleys"

Dumbledore's mouth dropped open as he returned that look of fear. For once the man was at a complete loss as to what to do. "France?" he asked hopefully.

Severus shook his head, "America," he stated.

Dumbledore looked aghast. To rescue a person from another country would take so many resources and the magic of more people than he could supply and…

McGonagall always one to think quickly stated, "Albus, we need to return to the school and see what we can do about alerting Madam Pomfrey for Harry's return, Severus may have need of her."

"Yes, yes and I can do some research and maybe, yes, everybody come with me to Hogwarts!" Dumbledore disappeared into the night as did Moody, McGonagall, Hagrid and Tonks. The two women were happy to bring the giant man back with them side apparition. As their combined magic would be enough to support the giant gameskeeper.

"Molly dear," 'Arthur stated putting his hand on his wife's shoulder, "We must go home and check on the children. Come on boys! If there's anything that we can do to help please let us know!" The Weasleys soon departed through the floo network which just left Xenophilius in the room with him.

"Severus," he stated, "I can only imagine how hard it is for you right now. If anything happened to my little Luna, there is no lengths that I would not go to. Remember the old magic, it might be able to help you. I don't know what I would do without the Pethry tonight,"

Snape tried his best to smile at the man but it looked more like a smirk, "thanks, shouldn't you go check on her?" he asked ignoring his remarks about Pethry…what on earth are they anyway?

"Oh yes, silly me! You know how to contact me if you need me!" Xenophilius stated as he disappeared into the night.

Snape stood in the middle of the attic thinking about what the man had said. Maybe he had thought badly about quite an intelligent man. But then he thought of the Quibbler and how many different strange creatures the man had mentioned. He laughed as he had never heard of any of them they obviously couldn't be true. But the magic the man had cast that night made him second guess himself. He whistled and his two dogs ran to his side he'd take a brief stroll around the gardens with them before going to bed. He was exhausted but he felt a need to just think about what he saw and what he could do next. He cast a simple repellent water charm and wandered outside.

He started off down the garden path which went around the house and heard a voice called out to him "hey Snape!" Lupin called out to the man rushing to join him. "How did it go?" Lupin was starting to get wet after he had recognised Snape and stopped using his spell. "Everything is fine Lupin, I found the boy and I shall be collecting him tomorrow afternoon," he stated, "thank you," he swallowed heavily finding the words hard to get out, "thank you for your help tonight."

Lupin smiled and nodded, "anything for Harry, James would have wanted me to help if I could." He looked into Snape's face and responded with "you look exhausted mate, maybe you should go to bed?" But to anybody who had second guessed the man, they would have known that the look on Snape's face was not of just tiredness, but of fear and sorrow.

"I believe that's the smartest thing anybody has said to me all evening, goodnight," Snape stated as he walked back in with his two dogs. He walked into his bedroom and lay down on the bed promptly falling straight asleep. He truly was quite tired from his experience that night.