Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
abuse is inside this chapter but it is also the chapter where Snape finally rescues Harry! So read with caution expecting the Dursley's to be quite nasty.
Rescue Me

Snape awoke early in the morning, finding more sleep quite difficult now that he knew just how much danger his son was in and how desperately he needed to get him back. He walked down to the dining room where there was a steaming bowl of porridge waiting for him with a glass of pumpkin juice. Snape sat and ate, barely tasting anything due to his mind being so distracted on the problem at hand. He finished his meal putting his spoon down and walked into his library to see if he had any books that could help him with the matter.

"Hello my darling boy," the portrait of a woman who closely resembled Morticia Adams stated, "I can see that your mind is troubled why don't you tell me what's the matter. Also where is that lovely Harry gone? I haven't heard from him for so long. He was such a dear."

Snape turned and looked at Eileen Prince who had a look that could stare deep into his soul. She always did have, even in life.

"You've heard of him then?" Snape asked.

"Of course I have son, where do you think he was the first night he was late for dinner? He was here reading. You really shouldn't be so hard on him you know," she stated gently, "he is after all just a boy."

"I know mother, he is a boy who has a heavy burden to take in life, but I must prepare him for the future. Mother, he has gone missing. I don't know what to do," Snape put his hand through his hair and looked at the portrait as if he was about to cry.

"Severus, return to your art. You know the spell to use. Think about it son. In your heart, you know the way," Eileen stated, "I love you son."

Severus left the room and walked directly to his art studio. It was a room which had been undisturbed for the past 13 years. Ever since he lost Lily. He located the key and unlocked the door pushing it open. It screeeeched loudly. He saw the room was covered with dust and cobwebs. He felt sad for a minute, that he had let this room get to this kind of state, he always did love his art before. It was something that required a skilled hand, like potions and even gardening. It was a task which required patience, time and talent. Something he had always excelled at. He sighed and waved his wand enchanting a quick cleaning spell before walking over towards his easel and getting out a piece of paper. The cleaning spell had even made his paints seem shiny and new and as he dipped his paintbrush into it he found that it was still wet.

He smiled as he started to paint his picture. His mother had always said "the boy has talent and it should be nurtured," his father had never supported him or his talents in any way. It made him sad to think of that but hopefully Harry would never experience a father like that. Severus was the kind of father who had even left enough power in the boy the last time that he could see him to keep him safe until he woke. Severus felt lucky at least, to have an example of what a parent could be like in his memory of his mother, she had taught him so much over his life, even the artistic spell which he was going to use to finally reach his son. Severus knew that he must work quickly and it must be to perfection. He sighed as he commenced his work.

When Harry awoke, still in his corner, the first thing that he noticed was a nearby clock on a wall nearby displaying the time, 12.30 it couldn't be that late could it? He walked outside and found himself in the bright sunlight looking at all the people wandering around some quickly pulling others through the crowd. He sighed as he wandered over to a nearby park bench just to watch for a while. He knew that the chances of getting anything to eat at the complimentary breakfast was very low because of the time. He sat thinking about the presence that he had seen the night before, at first it seemed kind of demonic and evil, but then…what it said…how persistent it was that he close his eyes again and how this demon…no…not a demon…simply a man…how this man seemed to want to help him. But Harry pushed away the feeling and tried to focus on something else. After all it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. He felt as if he had heard that somewhere before but like many of us do he just disregarded it as a sense of déjà vu. He sat watching until he felt stiff and sore and he got up to talk a walk around. Then he returned to the hotel hoping to get some time to just lie down before Dudley and Piers got to the bedroom. He opened the door and lay on a bottom bunk hoping that if one of the two boys got back he would have time to move. But he craved the comfort of a bed so much. Even his little mattress in his cupboard was more comfortable than laying on the floor. He soon found himself falling asleep. Unfortunately this was soon disturbed when housekeeping arrived.

But one person who was not even contemplating sleep was Severus Snape, he had been painting a picture of what Harry had showed him of Disneyland for the past seven hours without taking a break for a meal. His only interest was in making sure that his son was removed from that awful place. With every brush stroke he thought about how much he loved his son, how he would give anything and everything to be able to get him back and how he would make sure that the boy was safe for the rest of his life no matter what it took.

He continued with his work placing all of the magic and love that he could into the piece for ever thinking of his son. Wondering what he was doing. Hoping he was ok.

If Snape had been able to see Harry at this moment he would have been furious. Not because Harry was being naughty or disrespectful but because his cousin and his friend had again cornered him and were telling him the most horrible things.

"You know, we have never wanted you," Dudley said as he punched him in the chest, "nor did those freaks you lived with why do you think your stuck with us again?"

"Yeah! Just an orphan boy with no friends and no love and that's the way it always will be" Piers added.

"FREAK!" Dudley said as he pushed him back into a nearby wall.

"Loser!" Piers said as he grabbed him by the shoulders.

Dudley started to punch Harry for all he was worth and Harry was incapable of stopping him with the big boy holding him back.

"I hate you, you worthless freak! Your own family HATES you! Mum and Dad and me…we wish you were never born!" Dudley screamed at his face.

Harry tried his best not to cry. Although he had heard these words more than once before for some reason they never stopped hurting. Dudley knew this and that is why he used them.

"Oh rough him up like a good lad!" Vernon stated walking over to Dudley, "now off you go and play. Harry needs to take a shower and then we have business to attend to."

Vernon escorted Harry to the showers where he allowed the boy three minutes to take a quick shower and then come out. "Good your done then!" Vernon smiled. When Vernon smiled Harry always knew that this was a bad sign. Oh how he wished that there was somebody to come and save him. As Vernon slowly started escorting him to the entrance.

His saviour had just finished his landscape and had begun chanting his spell. "Me intrare landscape sum venire vobis" he waved his wand in circles around the landscape he had drawn and vibrant rainbow colours starting to come from his wand. The magic started to form like a whirlpool as he started to move from his landscape and towards himself bringing the wand slowly into the air continuing his circles all the way. He pointed the wand finally to himself and he was sucked into the whirlpool and off to his destination.

"Here he is!" Vernon stated pushing Harry towards some unknown strangers.

"But I don't want to go!" Harry said not liking the look of these rugged strangers. "I'll be good!"

But his uncle was paying more attention to the man who was giving him money then what Harry was saying.

Unnoticed by anybody was a man in a black cape who was quickly advancing towards the scene at a fast run.

A man grabbed Harry by the shoulders as the man in black finally got to the scene.

"UNHAND MY SON OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES!" Snape roared. Like frightened five year olds the men jumped and Harry raced towards the man in black. Snape wrapped his arms around his son and apparated to a nearby safe house which had been arranged by Dumbledore. Thank goodness for that man and his connections!