Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

What he remembers

Snape walked into Harry's bedroom early the next morning. Just watching him sleeping. His son, "If only I could get to you my sweet boy," he stated gently putting his hand out and gently wiping his hair behind his ear.

"Don't Dad it's too early!" Harry murmered. Snape liked to hear that word from his son's mouth, Dad, it seemed so much more innocent and loving than the cold heartless "sir". Sir was something that he had called his father growing up, yeah the cold, heartless, cruel, violent asshole. He really hoped that he would never be anything like the man.

"Son, it's time that we got ready we have a big day ahead of us," he stated gently, he knew that he had to start teaching him the basics again at some time. See what, if anything, of the first few years he remembered.

Snape led Harry into a room which he had not been in before, or at least, not to his recollection. Snape had asked the house elves to ensure that the room could be set up to cater for Harry's lessons. An old fashioned school desk had bee placed in the middle of the room and a teachers table at the front.

Snape smiled, thinking how the elves had gone all out to ensure that the setting for his lessons was just right. "Take your seat," Snape stated as he stood behind the table next to the blackboard. There he wrote the following words in a list.

Wingardium Leviosa, Transfiguration, Lumos, Expelliarmus, Alohamora,

Then he drew a line down the middle and wrote more words.

Boil Cure potion, Wiggenweld Potion, Swelling Solution, Polyjuice Potion, Girding Potion

"Now Harry, tell me, what, if anything, can you tell me about any of these words. What are they in relation to and what do they do," he stated sitting down and looking at his son.

"Um…they are words…" Harry stated confused.

"Go on," Snape muttered clearly unimpressed.

"Some of the are potions," he continued.

"Well spotted," Snape stated still sounding rather unenthusiastic.

Harry stopped and looked down at his desk.

"Well Harry, we have established that they are words, and that some of them are potions, but do you know what each of these spells actually does?" Snape asked.

"No sir," Harry stated.

"Come on son, you've seen these words before, try harder," he stated gently trying to prompt him.

"I'm sorry sir, I don't know what they are," Harry stated.

Snape simply didn't believe this, it couldn't be true. So he took out some veritaserum and gave it to him.

"Drink this and try again!" he stated feeling rather upset.

"Now tell me Harry, what do you know about these words," he stated gently.

"I don't know sir, I honestly don't know," Harry stated.

Snape sighed and stood walking towards him.

"Just for your information these are some of the commonly used spells and potions which you learned in your last couple of years at Hogwarts. Wingardium Leviosa, allows objects to fly, Transfiguration, allows you to change shape of an object, Lumos, enables light, Expelliarmus, shall disarm your opponent and Alohamora is a door, gate, even window opening charm. Some of the potinos you learned with me, potions master at Hogwarts were, the obvious Boil Cure potion, and Swelling solution and also the Wiggenweld Potion, a powerful healing potion," then he spoke a little bit closer and said "unfortunately not powerful enough to pull you out of your particular situation" he cleared his throat and continued, " Then there's the Polyjuice Potion, one which you were not meant to learn in your second year, but one which I have on very good authority you have learned, it enables you to look exactly like another person, not an animal like a second second year thought she could do which took me almost a whole week to fix," Snape cleared his throat again, "Finally the Girding Potion which is a good potion for giving a person extra endurance."

Harry looked like he was just about ready to fall over after all of that information had been given.

"I understand you are feeling rather overwhelmed son," Snape stated, "so that will be all for now, why don't you go and get yourself a snack from the house elves, I need to have a think about this," he stated gently.

Snape waited for Harry to leave, put his head in his hands and sighed deeply. He had to be strong, for Harry, he had to be strong. At that moment an owl came to the window with a letter. Snape opened the window and allowed the owl entrance taking the message from his beak.

Dear Severus,

Well done my boy, well done.

Snape sighed deeply before continuing to read the letter. Why did Dumbledore always think that everything that was to be rewarded was something to do with him?

I knew that you would manage to get to Harry and bring him home. I had no doubt in you at all. Although I must admit that without my certain contributons to the night you would not have been able to achieve your goals. I hope you noticed I put all of my energy into that spell and that would have helped you through my boy.

Snape sighed again…yeah…me, me, me and how good am i. Yeah that sounds like Dumbledore. The idiot that put faith in the giant Hagrid to take Harry to his aunt's place. Even though he had stated that he was wiling to take the boy and as Dumbledore knew the circumstances behind that there should have been no problem with Harry being raised by Snape. But no…again a case of Dumbledore thinks he knows better than everybody else.

If you would like to meet with me tonight at 7pm I would be more than willing to discuss any concerns you might have with the boy.

Sincerely yours,

Albus Brian Wulfric Percival Dumbledore

Order of Merlin, First Class, and Grand Sorcerer, Supreme Mugwump of the International Confederation of Wizards, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot.

"And he again takes the opportunity to show off!" Snape stated angrily almost crumpling the letter in his hand. A squawk from the owl brought him back to reality, he sighed and reached into the draw of the desk in front of him. He found some nice stationary and quill and ink where he sat and wrote:

Dear Albus,

I shall be there to discuss the ability for Harry to attend Hogwarts this coming year.

Severus Tobias Prince Snape.

Snape had to take on the name Prince when he had inherited the manor. Snape smiled at his note, of course he would have preferred to have taken out his stationary set from his study over this paper, but he knew how impatient Dumbledore could be, like a big kid hyped up on far too many lollies! No matter what happened in Harry's life he would not allow for him to become like that.

Snape released the owl out the window and allowed himself to sit down and go back to his thoughts. The dreamful mesencephalon had allowed for quite a powerful dream but one thing stood out in Snape's mind about that dream. Harry had asked about Ron. Maybe a trip to the Weasley Burrow would be just the thing to trigger Harry's memory again. Snape had read in many scientific journals that it was possible for certain events to be triggered in memory causing it to slowly be recovered underneath the Gratamnisiac potion. Which Snape was pretty certain he could create if he ordered the correct ingredients. But for now it was important to find if this was even possible. Yes a trip to the burrow was most certainly in order. He walked to his office and took out a piece of paper and a pencil.

Dear Molly,

He wrote then sucking the end of the quill in deep thought he continued writing.

I decided to write a letter rather than just appear in your fireplace this evening for I did not wish to disturb you and your family. It has come to my attention that Harry

He sat thinking for a minute, this had to be written correctly for he did not want to lead her to any false hope.

yearns for company his own age.

Yes that would do…not giving away too much false hope and yet allowing for his feelings to be known.

Considering his state of mind at this current moment he needs to be with an understanding and compassionate family such as yours. I wish to speak to you at your earliest convenience to arrange an outing to the burrow for Harry and myself.

Thank you very much.

Snape looked at his letter again before signing it with his famous script.

Severus Snape.