Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Finding out more

Snape was shocked at the predicament he was currently in. After all Draco had always seemed to be such a good boy, he'd known him most of his life and being the boys godfather he had a reasonably close relationship with the parents as well. Considering the fact that Lucius and Narcissa were long term strong supporters of Voldemort and he wasn't. He had to have some people with that group that even remotely resembled friendship and Lucius was extremely loyal to the dark causes and helping those in his immediate circle. Lucius always believed that the dark lord would come back one day and was teaching Draco to follow in his footsteps ready to take the mark if the opportunity ever arose. Snape ran his fingers through his greasy hair, deep in thought, no matter how many times he washed it being potions master it just got dirty again, he sighed looking at the boy.

"Did I hear what I thought I just heard?" he asked, he hoped there was some alternative reason why he had heard those words from Draco's mouth. After all his godson attacking his son was not a situation he had hoped would come up. For Harry's own safety it was paramount that anybody who believed in the dark causes would not know about their relationship so this situation could be difficult.

"Um sir?" Draco asked with a look of complete innocence on his face. An innocent face like that would make even Abraxas Malfoy proud and that is saying something! Snape dreaded the truth, but thinking about it, there was no possible way that those words could be misconstrued.

"Draco, it has come to my attention that one of my Slytherin students might be involved with a malevolent assault on a Gryffindor student. I wish for you to recount for me the conversation you just had with a," he attempted to make his face look full of dislike "Harry Potter."

"No sir, not at all, he um" said Draco quickly attempting to think of a good lie, "he um borrowed a book and wouldn't give it back?" he finished almost as a hopeful question than an honest fact. He did not want Snape to know what he'd really been up to but if truth be known he may already know a little bit too much.

Snape reached into the drawer of his desk taking out a wooden ruler which he quite commonly used on the backside of a lying Slytherin. It was not well known throughout the school but many of the pure blood families employed the usage of corporal punishment at home and as such had written to Snape suggesting its usage at school as well. However, Snape thought, in this particular case he might need the influence of the family to undo what had been done. However he had no problems with taking discipline into his own hands if he had to.

"Draconius, do not make me use this," he said flexing it in his hand, "you know I will. Tell me the truth!"

Draco knew he was in trouble, when his full name was used that meant that his poor bottom would be very sore in a matter of seconds. Draco's father was a strong believer in the idea to not spare the rod in family discipline, a fact Draco knew only too well.

"Now young man," Snape stated, thinking carefully how to ask Draco about the incident without divulging anything about Harry, "you shall tell me what you said to young Mr Potter because I shall be talking with your father about this incident," yes that would help considerably, Snape thought before continuing, "I'm sure that he would not want me speaking with the headmaster about this mater, " he paused for a brief moment then stated, "because I don't think your father would be very happy if an incident involving his son led to his expulsion from this school!"

"No! No! you wouldn't!" Draco stated scared, if he was expelled from Hogwarts he could only imagine how angry his father would be.

"I would," Snape stated speaking with the well-chosen words of a skilful spy, "I have a meeting with the headmaster this afternoon after I have spoken with your father. Do you really want me to speak about what I heard?" I'm sure he would be happy to expel you over this matter. That would greatly upset your father and bring disgrace onto the Malfoy family name. I will find out what you said out there Draconious, the only question is how red your bottom is going to be when you tell me!"

Draco knew it, he was in BIG trouble. If he brought the shame of his expulsion from school home. The shame, the humility that it would bring to his father. Being on the board of governors. He had to tell Snape. Draco knew he had no choice. Spanking or no spanking. Even though Lucius Malfoy was the first to admit to the problems that Hogwarts had, if his only son was expelled from the school, he would tan his hide himself, of that he had no doubt.

"Well?" Snape gently tapped the ruler into the palm of his hand, "your choice, before or after."

Draco remained quiet just thinking about what he could say, trying to find some way to avoid punishment.

"Tell me the truth or you will go over my knee," Snape stated.

Due to the input Snape had to Draco Malfoy's life his relationship with him was considerably different from any other student at Hogwarts. Whilst he had the right to discipline many of his Slytherins, and had at times, Draco and Snape shared a special bond due to him being his godfather. Discipline was merely a part of that relationship and it would not have been the first time that Snape had to turn the boy over his knee for answers.

"I'm going to give you to the count of three Draco," Snape stated, "one,"

Draco remained quiet.

"Two!" Snape stood up and took a few steps towards Draco.

"THREE!" Snape didn't want to discipline the boy because he knew that Lucius Malfoy conducted discipline in a way that would make headmasters of the 1800s quite proud, he also knew there was only one sure way to ensure Draco removed that spell from Harry properly and that was to elicit his help. But how to tell Lucius without him knowing Snape's true purpose in wanting it done was going to be problematic.

Snape sighed as he placed his hand around Draco's wrist making him stand and giving him a quick smack to the backside to show the boy that he really meant business.

"Tell me," he said, "or we shall continue in this manner until you do,"

Snape smacked Draco again, "tell me what that was all about right now mister I am not playing around."

Snape smacked Draco slightly harder making the boy yelp in pain.

"Yes Godfather," Draco said respectfully, just as he would on one of the many times Snape had babysat for him growing up.

"It's just Harry Potter seems to be the focus of everybody's attention, and I thought if I sent him away then everybody would be happier, there would be less attention paid to him for one, and maybe Slytherin would have a chance at winning the house cup again. Slytherin has not won once since he was at school here!" Draco admitted sounding like a wining child.

"Tell me Draco," he said sitting down watching the blonde boys movements.

"do you know why Harry has no memory of Hogwarts?" Snape asked, "remember what the consequences are if you lie to me."

Draco sighed, he knew what would happen if he didn't come clean with his godfather, it had happened so many times before, "I found an old book of fathers, it was a spell that I found there, I thought that…"

"What spell Draco?" Snape asked.

"I don't remember, it was in an old book of fathers!" Draco said.

"you tried a book of dark magic, and you don't even remember which one it was? Draconious Lucius Malfoy, I thought this might be a private matter between the two of us, but such irresponsible behaviour is something that Lucius would like to know all about. Come, we shall have to return to Malfoy mannor, together, and find that old spell of your fathers," Snape stated.

"Why do we have to do that? He'll be weaker for Lord Voldemort if we don't, honestly, it would be much easier if he ever did return. Father has told me of his strength, of his power and of how well he rewards his followers. Why we wouldn't even have Malfoy mannor or father's highly paid job had it not been for his leadership and friends in the ministry, I mean money is one thing but it really pays to have friends in high positions" Draco tried to get Snape to understand why it would be best to leave things as they were. After all if it was true he could get expelled over this, father was not going to be happy!

"I'm sorry Draco," Snape stated simply not giving an explanation, "it's time to leave and you can explain this to your father."

Snape once again gripped Draco's wrist as he threw some floo into his fireplace and stepped through with Draco forced to follow.

"Lucius! Lucius!" Narcissa's voice calling to her husband was the first thing they heard when they walked into the Malfoy longe room.

"Lucius finally I found you did you hear what happened to the Carrows? Lucius they did a raid on their home it's here in the paper and they imprisoned Amycus. They believe that Alecto was kept under the imperius!" she laid the newspaper on her husband's lap, "look"

Lucius took his eyes off the book he was reading as Snape and Harry stepped out of the fire place.

"Good evening Severus, to what do I owe this honour?" Lucius asked, then noticing Draco walking in behind him added, "oh dear what did he do this time!"

Draco wanted to rush towards his mother to give her a big hug and make it all go away just like when he was a child. But it wasn't that easy.

"Draco, explain," she said angrily. She sat down in a chair next to Lucius' and tried to relax which was quite difficult considering the situation. Snape looked around the room, it was much as he remembered it. The Malfoy family liked to splash their cash throughout the home as much as possible with expensive furniture, priceless statues and Narcissa's love of exotic plants in pots. Which of course were cared for by one of their many house elves. Narcissa and Lucius were resting in some very expensive antique leather chairs which had faded over the year from a lot of use. But had been polished and maintained so much it was hard to tell. Yes the Malfoy home still gave him the shivers, as if everything had a sheet of plastic placed over it, not a thing out of place and always perfectly clean.

"Mum, Snape brought me here, I don't know why he did honest!" Draco tried to look innocent but was interrupting by Snape's raspy voice.

"Don't lie!" Snape stated angrily, "I'm sorry Lucius but Draco is suspected of atrocious acts against another student of Hogwarts. Was this information to reach the headmaster his behaviour would elicit his immediate expolsion."

"Are you sure it was our Draco? He wouldn't do anything of the sort!" Narcissa said looking up from filing her nails, feeling quite upset that her innocent son was being accused of doing something so horrendous.

"It was only Harry Potter that I cursed!" Draco said thinking maybe his parents would be happy at hearing what he'd done.

"Harry Potter?" Lucius started laughing, "well that makes things easier for our side doesn't it Severus?"

"Yes it does Lucius," Snape stated thinking quickly, "But what happens if they find out that Draco is behind this? It could be traced back to you and this home, you know how the ministry have been doing raids lately of suspected death eaters."

"They've raided this home five times already Severus and never found a thing," Lucius smirked.

"that's what Alecto said," the element of fear was heard in Narcissa's voice.

"However, if you were to reverse the spell, you would be seen as a hero," Snape said, "you know how children get into these fights and when magic gets involved it just makes things more complicated."

"If you ask me," Narcissa said speaking up which she hardly ever did, "I would think that somebody on the board of directors at Hogwarts would be a little more concerned with the idea of his son attacking anybody let alone Harry Potter. After all we are lucky that we both did not end up in Azkaban, as so many of his followers, our friends, family and colleagues have."

Lucius sat for a moment as if in deep contemplation.

"Draco, do you know which spell you used?" Lucius asked.

"No father," Draco said and lowered his head.

"Draconious Lucius Malfoy!" he said looking at his son angrily, "how many times have I told you not to meddle with my dark spells without permission?" he got up and started walking towards his son, "and second to that, how many times have I told you that if you use a spell you need to have studied it, know what it does and how it does it! You, my boy, are in need of some serious discipline."

"Lucius no! please, I will take care of it!" Narcissa said, she had personal experience with just how strict her husband could be, "I will ensure that he doesn't even think of doing something so foolish again!"

"No Narcissa, my love, there are times when a boy needs his father's influence and that is exactly what I intend to give to him," Lucius said standing from his chair. Lucius Malfoy stood as if demanded the respect and obedience from everybody in the room. This was true of Lucius on many different occasions, just his presence in certain rooms would create quiet from a roomful of people, and Draco was the one who Lucius expected immediate obedience from at all times.

There was no need for words between father and son, just a simple gesture from Lucius said "go to my study!" and Draco obeyed with Lucius following close behind.

"Assume position," Lucius stated and Draco pulled down his pants and undies lowering himself slowly over the desk. Lucius liked to see his son's naked backside when he doled out discipline to ensure that he did not leave bruises but still asserted enough force to give him a smarting behind each time he sat down for the next few days. Reminding him of what happens to children who would dare disgrace the Malfoy's.

"You are going to get 12 of the best my son, one for every year of your birth. You should NEVER have done something which could disgrace our family and if you were ever expelled from Hogwarts I don't think your mother and I could live with the shame," Lucius stated as he lifted his wand, "Poenam incipit"

The old malfoy cane removed itself from the cupboard floating over to behind Draco and commenced spanking him across the bottom.

"one sir, I'm sorry sir," Draco stated as his punishment commenced.

Draco had been punished more than once in his life time and although he would prefer his mother's more sentimental method of discipline he understood why his father had to maintain a certain dignity at all times and how his actions could very easily have lost his father his position at the ministry. If those Harry loving officials were to hear that Lucius Malfoy's son attacked the golden boy himself, they would be very suspicious of him and maybe find more than they were asking for.

"two sir, I'm sorry sir," Draco stated as the cane smacked him again slightly lower than the first.

Lucius moved his wand a little and the cane SPANKED down across the top of the legs.

"You will NOT use our dark artifacts or spells without discussing it with me Draco,"

"three sir, four sir, sorry sir, yes sir!" Draco screamed out desperately hoping that it would end soon.

Five, six, seven, were stripped across one cheek with eight, nine and ten down another. Draco was starting to think that his bottom was on FIRE!

"In future you will remember how important spells are, you will know the purpose for any spell that you use and its effects and if I ask you about them you will know on the SPOT which you have used won't you Draco?" Lucius always thought that a boy listened more on a sore bottom and liked to remind him of what had led him into this predicament.

"Now two more to remind you what happens when MY son misbehaves and tries something which could have ramifications on the rest of the family!" Lucius stated as he raised his wand up.

It SPANKED down so hard that Draco let out a whimper of pain. Then the same was repeated on the other side.

By "TWELVE, sorry SIR!" Draco's bottom was hurting quite badly but he knew that his punishment was necessary to maintain the Malfoy honour and he had disobeyed it badly. He stood up in tears but didn't dare rub his bottom. This was discipline and Lucius would not allow for him to do so.

"That was well handled son," Lucius said putting his wand back into his walking cane and putting a hand on Draco's shoulder. Just a simple hand on his shoulder encouraged Draco to know that his father loved him no matter how bad he might be.

"Now let's go find that spell son, I'm sure between Severus, you and me, we will find it," he said leading the way to the library with Severus behind them.