Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
his chapter contains abuse from the Dursleys and shows just how rough his life has been. Also before you start flaming me. This is my idea of hell for a teenager, There will be abuse and I do not condone or agree with this kind of abuse being given to a teenager or anybody in fact. I know how hard life can be and how abusive some people can be. If you can't stomach this then please skip this chapter and the next one as it will consist of Harry being bullied by the Dursleys, including Dudley and his friend Piers whilst Severus Snape tries to find his son and get him back. Also I don't believe that the kind folks of Disneyland would be ok with people behaving in this manner.
Disneyland can be Disenchanting

Dudley and Piers were seated right behind Harry on the plane which gave them ample of time to kick the chair in front of them giving Harry a rather rough trip for a while. It seemed that both of those boys were having competitions to see who could kick the chair the hardest! But that was put to a stop when Petunia walked over to the boys stating "Come on boys, you want to lie down for a while so that you are well rested when we get there!" there were moans from the boys but Dudley found that he could lay across the three seats that they had quite comfortably and Piers kicked Harry onto the floor to lay across the seats in Harry's row. Not that the air hostess hadn't complained of the dangers, but there was little Harry could do. He couldn't claim his seat back again, Piers was always a much stronger boy than him, and the air hostess was not being very open to him sitting somewhere that was not his assigned seat. The fact that Piers assigned seat was in fact next to Dudley in the row of chairs behind him didn't seem to bother her much. Harry could not sleep at all, I mean would you be able to sleep on the floor with people that you truly didn't trust that close to your head? No…he stayed awake like a tiger simply waiting for its prey, or to be attacked, whichever came first.

It was daybreak when the plane finally landed. A well rested and relaxed, albeit stubborn, Petunia and a gruff Vernon ushered the boys off the plane. Piers whispered something into Dudley's ear and the two boys laughed. Then pointed at Harry and laughed again. Loudly. People turned to stare at the boys to see what was so funny and all that they noticed was a teenaged boy, blushing, whilst two much bigger boys pointed at him and laughed. People started to smirk, thinking there simply must have been something odd about the boy that they weren't noticing and continued to walk off the plane. Harry fumbled with his pockets wishing that he could be anywhere else. But he simply didn't know of a way that it was possible. After all he was merely a freak and he deserved all he got. He knew that. He knew that he always looked stupid to the boys and nothing he said or did would make any difference. "Go away!" Harry muttered quietly. "Huh what was that?" Piers asked shoving Harry's back forwards. Harry just sadly continued to walk in front of them and didn't say a word following his aunt and uncle off the plane.

"Come on boy's no more larking about!" Vernon said turning and smiling at Dudley and Piers, he stared at Harry as he grasped Petunia's hand leading their way out to the cab banks. They would be in their hotel room with a nice breakfast before too long. Dudley pushed Harry with his entire body shoving Harry away from the cab as he took his seat at the front of a large cab. A 8 seater cab. But his parents didn't seem to mind merely ushering for the other two boys to go towards the cab. Bigger was always better for the Dursley family.

Piers sat right next to Harry where he could easily poke him as many times as he liked leaving Harry with bruises. Petunia just sat away from them with Vernon cuddled into his arms. Vernon was truly a loving man to those that he considered family. Sadly though, "freaks like that Harry" did not fit into his perfectly ordinary life or his wonderful supportive family. He and his wife didn't really care what happened to the boy, it was bad enough that they had to look after him for the past 14 years and it was only that Mrs Figg was on vacation to visit her sister which meant that they had to take him away on this stupid vacation in the first place. Maybe if they were lucky somebody would kidnap the boy and they wouldn't have to worry about bringing him back with them again! But Vernon knew that the signed letter from Dumbledore that they had received when Harry was a baby stated clearly that they must take care of the boy. Petunia believed Harry to be family and after the loss of Lily, her sister, there was no chance for redemption there, but she felt that by taking care of Harry as the note said maybe she would forgive her for being so cruel. However the Dursley's did not feel obligated to do more for Harry than the bare minimum (and even less than that) to keep the boy alive until they would finally be rid of him.

This attitude was quite different to that of one man, Severus Snape, who was at Prince Manor trying to work out how it would be possible for him to get his son back. He knew, but one way. The mentis corpus spiritis. Roughly translated meaning mind, body spirit.

In order to do this spell he knew that he needed certain ingredients, that could easily be gathered from Diagon Alley and possibly if he left now, he would have time for them to get it to him by tomorrow night. It was important to try to conduct the first spell by the full moon, which was tomorrow night if not, it would be another month before he could try to contact his precious Harry and Snape simply could not wait that long.

Another person was getting impatient at this point, quite a distance away.

"COME ON Dudley!" Piers nagged, "I want to go to Autopia!" Dudley looked at his now empty plate sighing, he wished that it was possible for him to steal something from Harry's plate but he was always told by his parents not to do such things in public.

"Yes it is time that you three can go to the park," Vernon stated smiling at Piers and Dudley and smirking at Harry. Yes, there is a difference between a smile and a smirk, subtle though it can be, one smile looks natural and the other like somebody trying very hard not to swear and scream after hitting their thumb with a hammer! He brought the boys to the gate of Disney Land. "Here we go Dudley, you've been saving your allowance for so long," Petunia said, giving Dudley the money that he had decided not to spend for the past week. "And here is some extra for you both," Vernon said as he gave the boys $100 each! WOW! Enough for food, rides or anything else that a boy could possibly think of. As for Harry? "Well, we brought you here boy, have fun!" Vernon smiled with that same grin that he had given him when dropping him off at the train station for the first time. There was nothing here for a boy without money was there? What torture, to leave the brat in brat's paradise without the ability to join in on the fun. Vernon laughed as he walked away leaving Harry alone.

It is a terrible fate to be left at Disneyland by yourself with no money. No ability to buy food and only his cousin and his friend as company. Granted there was a lot of people walking around, the place was completely crowded, but there was no way for Harry to be able to participate in the fun and being such a skinny boy as he was he could constantly be moved about by the other people enjoying Disneyland. All Harry could do was watch as his cousins ran together around the amusement park, wishing that he could try one of the many rides but knowing that they all cost some money, even if it was just 50c or some amusement coins which he didn't have either and his cousin had exchanged some of his money for some.

But this was not behaviour that Harry was not used to. All this time he felt like there was something missing, like he should be somewhere else. But he had no idea as to where. I mean who would want a useless freak like him? It's not like he had ever done anything special. But at least he was able to hide away from his cousin and his friend. Until his cousin spotted him.

"Look who I found Piers!" he heard a voice say, "our favourite playmate!"

"Hey Harry! Is that the girl you like?" Dudley said at the top of his lungs, "yeah that's her! Over there! You told me earlier!"

"Oh yeah!" Piers said, "maybe we should go over and ask her out…hey….hey!" Piers started waving his arms around.

"Please Dudley don't," Harry said sadly.

"Huh?" Dudley said to Piers, "did you hear something?"

"No, no, not a thing," Piers said, "now lets go get that girl!"

Piers raced over to an elderly looking woman who looked like she was just sitting resting with her walking stick pressed against her leg.

"Excuse me but my friend likes you!" Piers said out loud. The woman looked up with a smile and said "where's your friend young man?"

"Over there," Piers said pointing at Harry! "He started laughing and raced away with Dudley to the other side of the park.

Leaving Harry feeling really embarrassed, he went over to talk to the woman, "I'm sorry," Harry said, "they…." He looked down, "they are always doing things like that,"

"Well young man," the woman said with eyes of knowledge, "I know how much of a problem brothers can be. Would you like to have some candy?"

It was the first thing that Harry had eaten all day since breakfast and he couldn't help but to smile and accept the nice woman's food. "Grandma!" came a voice as if from nowhere, Harry turned to see a couple of seven year old girls racing towards the old woman. "Grandma we're hungry and you promised we could go to Ariel's Grotto tonight!"

"Yeah!" said the other girl, we have to go home tomorrow and you promised!"

"Well…I guess I did," the woman said.

"You can come too!" the youngest of the two said happily, "you look nice!"

The woman smiled, oh how much she spent on her grandchildren but she didn't mind, so long as they were happy.

"Come on, let's go everybody!" she said looking at Harry and smiling before he could refuse the offer.

So it was that Harry Potter was sitting in Ariel's Grotto surrounded by Disney Princesses and being pulled around by two obstinate and forceful young girls. He ate the cheapest thing that he saw on the menu, a simple fish and chips.

Harry was just sitting back talking with the woman about the problems that she had with her brother as a child when he heard a voice from behind him. "What do you think you are doing annoying this sweet old lady?" Petunia asked, "and you…you child molester! What do you think you are doing? My son told me ALL about you and your behaviour towards him you should be thankful that I don't stick the cops on you! Now come on you!" she grasped Harry by the arm who looked at the woman with guilt and embarrassment. The two girls had come back and were looking at Harry with a look of shock on their faces. He knew that it was unlikely he would ever see them again. After all the kindly woman had told him they were only there for a day and going back to Wisconsin that night.

Aunt Petunia took Harry by the wrist back to the hotel room where she announced, "You already ate boy so you should go straight to bed now!" It was only 8.30pm and the Dursleys were already sending him to bed! But what else is new? It was a surprise that they even allowed him to have his own room. Harry opened the door to the room that his Uncle said he would be in and saw two bunks, one on each side, covered with clothing and suitcases. Harry was exhausted so he simply moved his cousins things off the bottom bunk and lay there himself for a bit of rest. He had not had any sleep the night before and he so longed to rest in a real bed for a while. He lay down and closed his eyes.

Before he knew it he felt a THUMP as something was thrown at him on the bed. "What do you think you are doing on my second bed Potter! Get out!" Dursley yelled throwing his things at the boy. Harry got out of the bed quickly to try to get away from the onslaught of objects flying past his head. (Dudley's aim had never been very good). When Harry got out of bed Dudley grabbed him by the nape of the neck and threw him into the corner. "Go find yourself a closet or something its what you deserve!" Dudley shouted. Piers laughed and they both grabbed Harry wrestling him to the ground. Not that poor Harry really stood a chance, with two boys twice his size trying to force him to the ground. When the boys had finished hitting and kicking him he crawled to the furthest corner of the room and curled up, seeing a bag he could use as a pillow he placed his head on it. Only to have Piers kick him in the head and take the bag from under it. "That's my bag you freak you get the floor all to yourself like the dog you are." Piers threw his bag onto the bottom bunk and climbed up to the top of his bunk and lay chatting to Dudley for a while who was on the top of his bunk across the room.

Harry lay in the corner of the room where he knew there was only one way that his cousin and his friend could get him, but it is better to have some control over the way you are treated than none at all. It took a while, but he finally let sleep take him.