Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm freee No more school...until like the end of August..but we're not thinking about that right now lol

This was Draco's thoughts, and yes he's alive(no surprise there lol) hopefully he'll come around, after all he didnt hear Neville's speech or Pansy's words.

Hope you guys like this, and I love the support for this story, I never knew it would get this much love. Thanks
Chapter 14: Guilt and Remorse
   Draco woke up silently and looked around, for a moment he got scared until he smelled the antiseptic. What was he doing in the infirmary? What time was it anyways? He frowned lightly trying to remember when it hit him! Memories of that day assaulted his mind and he whimpered as he remembered how terrified he felt. He had never known fear like that in his life, and he didn’t want to feel it again. He didn’t think that Potter had it in him, and yet he shouldn’t have been surprised. He could remember the words that pushed him over to the edge and he retreated inside his mind. He was so afraid of coming out, he didn’t want to die. 

 

Hey Draco, this was meant for you,” Harry had said, before he shot himself in the chest.

 

If Snape hadn’t stood in front of him he knew he would have died that day. He could remember Longbottom of all people helping him, but the rest of the memories were fuzzy. He shivered as he pulled the blankets up he didn’t want to think about that anymore anyways.

 Though he tried to change his train of thought it kept coming back to that day in potions. His perceptions of muggles were shattered in an instance, why would they invent a weapon that could inflict that much damage in so little time. Draco shook his head not wanting to think about the silver handgun and turned to find himself staring into the eyes of Harry Potter.

He gasped on his breath, scared for his life. What were they thinking putting him in a bed next to Potter? The other boy wasn’t saying anything just looking at him, his green eyes sparkling sadly in the moonlight. He shook his head, against the odds Potter had once again survived. Draco bit his lip as he looked around the infirmary wondering where Madam Pomprey was, because at the moment he didn’t want to be alone in the room with the Gryffindor.

“Relax Malfoy, I don’t have the gun. Snape took it,” Harry said softly as he watched the emotions play out on the other boy’s face.

Harry had known the minute he saw the white walls, that he had been unsuccessful in his attempt. He knew that Snape had caught him at his most vulnerable and had asked for him to fight the darkness for him. He didn’t know why he did, only that it felt right. If he was being honest he never expected to make it. Death didn’t scare him, and if the bed he was on wasn’t spelled against him leaving he would get up and try again. He mused to himself, until he had realized that someone else was in the hospital with him.

 Harry looked at the Slytherin with a neutral glance; he didn’t feel hatred for the blonde anymore. Though he hadn’t killed him he knew that the boy was scared silly of him. He could see it in his body language, and he found himself speaking to reassure him. Of course the boy didn’t believe him since Harry had technically pulled a gun on him, but it is what it is.

“I’m really sorry Harry,” Draco whispered regretfully. And as he apologized this time he knew he meant it. He hadn’t known that his actions against the other boy were taking a toll on the lion’s sanity. He liked that; out of everyone here Harry didn’t tolerate anything from him. Weasley was hotheaded and Granger was book smart but Harry was both and he matched Draco almost equally.

“You told me that in the classroom,” Harry replied with a wary smile.

“I didn’t mean it then; I was scared so I said what I thought you wanted to hear.” Draco admitted quietly.

“I know,” Harry said with as shrug.

“So will you forgive me?” Draco asked, wondering why he really cared about gaining forgiveness from the boy anyways.

“No,” Harry said simply with a shake of his head.

“Why not?” Draco asked in shock, hurt coursing through his body.

“You don’t deserve my forgiveness,” Harry said harshly, before turning on to his side away from Draco.

“What do you mean I don’t deserve your forgiveness? If my father finds about this you will be kissed instantly,” Draco said in a pompous tone, thinking he could scare him into accepting it. But he knew the minute the other spoke that it had backfired.

“And that right there explains why I won’t forgive you. Do you honestly think I fear Lucius Malfoy? How dare you think that you can threaten me into accepting that pitiful apology? Life doesn’t revolve around you; you wanna know why I won’t accept it?” Harry asked softly.

“Yes I do,” Draco whispered even though something in him warned that he didn’t really want to.

“If I were to die, you would have to live with that shame that what I did was partly your fault. Knowing that I never accepted your apology and unable to do anything about it. It’s gonna eat you alive in the end. The hurt that you made me feel will always be with you, you will have the guilt weighing so heavily on your heart you will feel like you’re suffocating at times. I think it’s nothing less then what you deserve since I couldn’t kill you,” Harry said coldly.

“But you aren’t going to die, your better now.” Draco said as he swallowed the remorseful feeling in his throat. Potter was right he could feel it festering in his chest as they spoke.

“You have no way of knowing that, now do you,” Harry said mysteriously.

Harry tugged the cover over his head, wondering if this was the start of it. He wasn’t in a forgiving mood, if anything he was pissed that he couldn’t finish out his mission. Just because you apologized to someone didn’t make everything was ok. Malfoy’s apology doesn’t change anything.

 It’s a start, but Harry was no longer the fool they thought he was. At the moment, he needed a plan. His eyes widen before shaking his head, knowing that he had to get out of the wizarding world as soon as possible. He had no doubt that the little ferret would tell his father about what happened here he would get the kiss no doubt.

Draco was angry and he pushed down that so call feeling of guilt. The minute he woke up tomorrow his father would hear about this. How dare that prat not accept his apology? Everyone knew Malfoys didn’t apologize for anything and Potter should have considered himself lucky. He narrowed his eyes as he laid back down; he couldn’t wait until morning.

Harry stayed silent until the blonde boy’s breathing evened out as he fell asleep. He looked at the clock, noticing it to be 10:00pm and he doubted that the headmaster would be asleep. He flicked the covers back and let his legs hand over the side of the bed and waited.

3 seconds went by when he heard the door to Pomprey’s office open and she came out. She smiled at him, and he found himself unable to return it. He had no doubt she knew what happened and he didn’t want to hear the disappointment or a lecture.

“Don’t worry dear, it will be alright. Severus will make sure of it,” Poppy said cryptically as she checked over Harry, and gently patted his hair.

Harry didn’t say anything though he flinched when she touched the bandage on his chest. He looked down at it, the wound where he had shot himself. It didn’t hurt per say, but he found himself fascinated with it nonetheless. He reached his hand to touch it before it was swatted away by Poppy.

“No touching it, it’s still in the healing stage. We didn’t do all that work just for you to mess it up?” She scolded gently before looking towards the infirmary entrance as the doors opened.

Harry’s heart stopped for a moment until he realized that it was Snape and Dumbledore. He wondered what they were doing here, if they wanted to talk about the shooting he wasn’t in the mood.

Snape had altered his plans, and he wasn’t sure how he felt about that at this moment. While he wanted to be reunited with his parents, he couldn’t get off the fact that Snape said he would waste his mother’s sacrifice if he took his own life. Harry shook the thoughts away as he looked at his Professors.

“What’s my fate sir?” Harry asked quietly so not to wake up Malfoy.

“Do you still wish to die Harry?” Severus asked softly as he spelled Harry’s bed with a privacy charm.

“More than anything,” he answered with an anguished tone.

“Then allow us to kill you.” Albus said kindly, hoping this would help the child heal. He didn’t let it show but inside a part of him felt like it might die as he heard Harry’s tone. How had they all be so blind?

“How are you going to do that? You’re the lightest wizard as they come; headmaster.” Harry said to him as he stared at them in shock. What the bloody hell was going on?

“We’re not explaining it right child, so let me just be blunt.” Severus said with a shake of his head.

“Ok,” Harry said confusion still in his tone.

“You are no longer going to be Harry Potter; we will allow him to die so you can start off new.” Severus explained as he watched the child’s face.

“Wait, you’re saying I get to be a whole new person with no expectations?” Harry asked softly, the hope evident in his voice.

“Yes, if you would like that, we can do it.” Albus replied, deciding at that moment that he would personally see if there was a flaw in the Prophesy, Harry had suffered enough.

“When do we start?” Harry asked a smirk on his face as he looked at them.

“Now, if you’re well enough. We need to move fast, you must be present at the same time your copy dies, so that no one will suspect you.” Severus explained.

Harry looked at the two men in front of him before nodding. He couldn’t help but grin inwardly as he realized how torn up everyone was going to be when they found out that he had ‘died’. The interesting part was that he would be able to witness it all, he was no fool and he knew that there really wasn’t another way for him to stay free.

His soul was tainted and he pushed that haunted feeling back at the thought of the cruel woman dying. He had done that, and at the time he had felt no remorse. He didn’t know what he was feeling right now, but he would think on it later. He slowly stood up.

“I’m ready,” he said firmly.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? Do you think this plan has merit? Hope no one finds out, or they might all end up in Azkaban.. And yes..we will get to see Sirius's reaction along with everyone elses.

Flamers...can burn out and die :)