Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey guys, here is the next chappie, Sirius and Moony find out, and yea.

I took a page out of star wars...it fit ok lol
Chapter 22: Are you insane? Yes I think I am

Remus held Sirius for a long time; he wasn’t sure of how much time had passed. Time ceased to be important as he struggled to contain his own emotions. Sirius had lost since stopped his hysterical cries, but the steady stream of tears were still there. He looked at his friend before sighing, they couldn’t stay here. Especially not after reading news like that, he himself felt like he needed proof.

“We’re going to Hogwarts,” Remus said hoarsely, though Sirius didn’t say anything his body tensed.

“We are going to talk to Albus to make sure this is true, I don’t believe it.” Remus continued.

“When are we going?” Sirius asked voice thick with tears.

“As soon as you’re ready,” he replied.

“I’m ready now,” Sirius said straightening up, the redness around his eyes prominent.

Remus nodded before helping them both stand up, and made sure he had his wand before turning back to Sirius.

“Transform,” he said softly.

Sirius nodded before transforming into Padfoot as he waited for Remus. He didn’t have to wait long as the man grabbed his collar and they walked out back. He barked softly before they disappeared on the spot.

~*~*~Greenhouses~*~*~*

Neville sighed softly to himself, he could hear classes starting in another greenhouse but he didn’t care. What were they thinking not giving students a minute to grieve? How were they supposed to deal with this by going to class? He didn’t know how to feel, he had never lost someone this close to him before. Sure his parents were in St. Mungo’s, but he never knew them only their stories. He didn’t know what to do with himself, a part of him wanted to scream himself hoarse but what would that do? What would that change? Absolutely nothing, Harry would still be dead and he would still feel so lost. Neville blinked back the sudden tears in his eyes, as he realized something. No one was coming for him, why should he be so surprised when they never did before.

~*~*~*Corridors~*~*~*~

Harry had his head down and his hands balled into fists as his anger built up inside of him. It came as no consequence that he bumped into one of the last people he wanted to see right now. Remus and a big black dog were in front of him, and he sighed unable to keep his facial expression blank.

“I’m sorry, you’ll have to excuse us,” Remus said hoarsely as he gave a sad smile to the boy in front of them. He looked at the boy closely; he resembled Severus quite a lot now that he thought about it.

“It’s alright sir, I should have been watching where I was going.” Harry replied, making his way around them.

“Are you related to Severus by any chance?” Remus couldn’t help but ask.

“My uncle,” Harry replied softly.

“I can see him in you,” Remus said fondly, before looking down as the dog whined.

Harry didn’t say anything as he looked down at Padfoot. He hated himself, he hated that he always seemed to hurt everyone he came in contact with. Why couldn’t Snape just let him die? He wouldn’t have to feel this guilt that he felt for the people who had truly cared for him. He was just as bad as Draco in a way; he never wanted Sirius, Ginny, Neville, Remus, or Mrs. Weasely to suffer because of him. It was his choice why did everyone have to take away his choice. It was his life, wasn’t it?

“I have to go,” Harry said softly, his heart hurting as the emotions tried to come out. Standing here in front of them; with no one else around, made it too easy for him to slip up. He couldn’t afford to make that mistake, no matter how much he felt they deserved to know. Maybe after he had a talk with the Headmaster, but definitely not right now.

“Did you know Harry?” Remus asked, seeing the forlorn expression on the child’s face.

“Yea, I knew Harry,” he said sensitively, before he could think about the consequences.

“How did you know him? You’re in Slytherin aren’t you?” Remus asked curiously.

“I have to go, excuse me,” Harry repeated urgently before turning to leave.

“Wait,” Remus said reaching out and grabbing the boy’s shoulder, earning a flinch from him.

“Remus please, just let me go.” Harry said quietly as he shook his head from side to side to stop the tears.

“How do you know my name? How do you know Harry?” Remus asked quietly his eyes narrowed.

“It doesn’t matter how I know Harry, he’s dead.” Harry replied before taking off in a sprint down the empty hall.

If he had thought that they would leave it at that, then he obviously didn’t know them as well as he thought. He could hear Padfoot running after him, and then human footsteps catching up to him. He cursed Remus’s werewolf speed as he forced himself to go faster.  He ran faster and as he turned the corner he saw his sanctuary or what he thought it could be. It was only a bathroom but it would serve his purpose and he quickly burst into it. He had just locked a stall when he heard them come in after him that was ok though he just needed a few moments to think.

“I know you’re in here, I can you hear you breathing.” Remus said gently. “Now why did you run?” He asked again.

“Can you get out of here please?” Harry asked quietly, trying but failing to get control of his emotions.

“Why won’t you answer my questions?” Remus countered suspiciously.

“Because I need to use the bathroom,” Harry replied softly, hoping they would leave.

“Oh, well say something next time, we can’t read your mind kid,” Sirius said as he transformed before turning to look into the mirror.

“Padfoot are you insane?” Remus asked before putting a locking and silencing charm on the door.

“Yes I think I am,” Sirius replied fondly before looking at his friend. “He smells like Harry, but at the same time he smells like Snape. Can’t you smell it?” Sirius pondered quietly.

“Transform back before he comes out and sees you.” Remus hissed, before stopping as he thought about his friend’s words.

Through the quietness in the bathroom Harry heard his godfather quite clearly and he gulped audibly. Oh shit, oh shit, what was he gonna do? He sat down on the toilet and sighed, unsure of how he was going to get out of this. He was a horrible liar at the best of times; he knew that the potion hadn’t changed that. If only he could get to Snape or Dumbledore, to talk about this. They hadn’t yet gone over telling people, and Harry knew the less people that knew the better.

“What’s your name kid?” Sirius called out.

“E-Emerson Prince,” Harry stammered out.

“He’s a pureblood Moony, how in the hell can he possibly have Harry’s scent on him?” Sirius mused loudly.

“Ron’s a pureblood Padfoot; allegations like that won’t solve anything.” Remus replied tiredly.

“Can you go away please?” Harry begged; the urge to come clean getting stronger the longer they stayed in there with him.

“I thought you had to go,” Sirius remarked thoughtfully.

“I do, but not while you guys are in here,” Harry replied softly.

“Oh he’s a shy one, transform Sirius. We’ll wait outside the door.” Remus said knowingly.

“But he’s a Slytherin and how do you we know it’s not a ploy? They’re all dark in Slytherin,” Sirius retorted.

“Just because I’m in Slytherin doesn’t mean I’m bad.” Harry said tearfully as he opened the door. Sirius couldn’t know the truth; he hated all Slytherins and Snape. And Harry was now a product of both.

“Emerson don’t cry, he didn’t mean it like that.” Remus said seeing the teen.

“I could say that you’re a wanted criminal. Wanted for the murders of 12 muggles, 1 witch, and 2 wizards;” Harry replied darkly as he glared at Sirius.

“I’d say you’d be lying, I never killed anyone.” Sirius replied angrily.

“I’m only telling you what the papers said. And you Mr. Lupin would be sentenced to death, harboring a known fugitive. Not to mention your werewolf status won’t win you any points there.” Harry continued, even as two wands were suddenly pointed in his direction.

“How do you know all that? And what the hell did you to Harry?” Sirius said tightly.

“Simple, I let him be free. He didn’t wanna live anymore and I gave him an out.” Harry said cryptically.

“You killed my godson?” Sirius asked staring at the child in horror.

“No, I am your godson.” Harry said with a wryly smile.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? Yes Voldemort is gonna find out, yes Harry is on his way down an emotional breakdown, Yes, Severus will help..lol

Flamers..*takes borrowed fire extingusher and blows them them out*