Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this is a bit late, but I still got it on today so I hope you guys like it.

Um before you guys ask there will be NO pairings in here, none that I'm aware of at the moment. What you are gonna see beetween Mione and Blaise are stricty Platonic. Who has the time for a relationship during something like this. They will find comfort in each other though. As someone has pointed out, she blames herself.

Um one last thing, Sirius speaks without thinking, and his reaction is the one thats starts Harry spiralling back to his depression. I think that was all the points, as I said Voldemort will find out..just give it a minute. He's not really all that important to the story, but he will know.
Chapter 23: Trying to Cope
Hermione ran through the twisted corridors with no idea where she was even going. The tears ran freely down her cheeks, her hair blown back and her face red. She would have been a sight to see if she ran into anyone. She was gasping her on her sobs and had just turned a corner when she crashed into someone and toppled to the ground. Hermione didn’t bother getting up; she didn’t feel like she had the strength too. She curled into a ball as she wept, unaware who she had even hit.

Blaize had stormed angrily out the great hall, hurt the foremost emotion. He hated Snape, he had always looked out for his Slytherins but did he really think they weren’t capable of feeling. He may not have known the Gryffindor but did Snape honestly think he was going to laugh when he was told Harry had died? What did he mean he couldn’t handle it? He was handling it now; right? He sighed loudly unsure of where he was even going.

 He didn’t care if he got a detention, Snape could kiss his arse for all he cared. He idly wondered if he could switch houses but then shook his head. His friends were all in Slytherin and he could never leave Theodore, especially not at a time like this. He contemplated going outside he didn’t want to see or talk to anyone.

He took the long way towards the lake, not wanting to bump into anyone which prove pointless as he did quite literally run into someone or more importantly someone ran into him. He stared at the fallen figure on the ground and looked at her closely. Through the hurtful tears in his eyes he could see bushy hair. He knew it was Granger, but why wasn’t she getting off the floor? He frowned before crouching down next to her.

"Hey, you ok?" He asked softly.
"Why do you care?" She asked tiredly.
"Because you fell down pretty hard, and I wanna make sure you're alright." Blaise answered.
"I'm fine, just a Mudblood." Hermione said plainly.

She had seen the green on his robes, and she didn’t feel like getting teased at the moment. She felt so much anger in her for not being able to do anything but cry at that point in time; she was ready to lash out. Be it with fists or magic she was game.

"What does that have to do anything?" He asked his eyes narrowing. His childhood best friend was a muggleborn, contrary to all beliefs not all Slytherins believed in pure blood superiority.
"Just informing you so I won’t get my germs on you," she said her tone turning sad.
"You have no more germs then I do. Don’t speak such nonsense. Let’s get you up." Blaize said reaching down and pick her up off the ground.

As he set her on her feet he was aware of two things. One; she was leaning on him for support and was breathing heavily and two she was crying. He looked at her closely.

"Who were you running from?" He asked gently.
"Me,” she said morosely.
"That’s not possible," he said with a raised eyebrow.
"I know," she said wearily. She was on an emotional rollercoaster that was currently on the way down and she felt ready to collapse. It seemed Blaise noticed because suddenly she felt her world tilt as he picked her up.
"Let’s get you some air yea?" He said kindly as he cradled her in his arms.

The feeling of murderous hate fled as he looked down at her. She reminded him of his little sister and he would anything to protect her. He nodded before he slowly headed outside. His mission was still the same but he no longer had the sense of betrayal in his heart.

~*~*~*~Potions Classroom~*~*~*~~*~
Severus walked back out to the classroom and headed towards the board, falling into teacher mode. He was oblivious to everything as he wrote down a simple calming potion. He wanted them to make this one because he knew his stock was going to take a hit in the upcoming days. He turned back around to address him and that’s when he saw them.
Pansy was visible trembling in her seat her eyes riveted on the front of his desk.

Seamus was blinking unseeingly in some sort of flashback. He watch Thomas reach out and touch the lions shoulder only to have the Irish boy flinch and fall off his stool. Severus sighed softly as he looked at the children in his class; because that’s all they were. This was a bad idea, he had 5 students missing and the rest were breaking down right before his eyes.

"Who wants to have class in another classroom?" Severus asked quietly, his voice causing a few flinches.

He wasn’t surprised when the majority of hands went up. He frowned Albus was out of his mind, they needed at least a day or so to come to grips with it.

"Pansy, Seamus, and Theodore will all accompany me to the infirmary the rest of you find another classroom away from here and I will meet you there." Severus said gently. He wouldn’t teach today, he wouldn’t talk either. He would just listen.

~*~*~By the Lake~*~*~*

Hermione sighed softly as Blaize set her down by a tree, before taking a seat down next to her. They didn’t say anything, but words weren’t needed at that time and place. The fact that someone was struggling with grief was enough to let them know that they weren’t alone in this thing.  She grabbed his hand gently, like she would do to Harry sometimes to let him know that she was there.

“Have you ever lost anyone close to you before?” Blaize asked delicately.

“No, this is the first time. It really hurts,” Hermione admitted softly.

“I know it does,” he replied gently.

“Does it get better?” She sniffled out.

“In time its gets easier, but you never forget.” Blaise replied quietly.

“I wanna forget it,” she said as the tears started falling down her cheeks again.

“Know you don’t, to forget is to wish you never knew Harry. And you don’t want to forget him do you?” Blaize asked kindly.

“Never,” she replied before getting up. She didn’t want to talk about this, it was too painful.

“No more running Hermione,” he said kindly but firmly as he tightened his grip on her hand.

“It makes me feel better,” she whispered out.

“Just for a little while, you’ll feel even better if you cry it out.” He said in a soft voice.

“I don’t wanna cry right now,” she said though her tears contradicted her.

“If you do you’ll feel better.” He murmured.

“I changed my mind, I don’t wanna feel better,” she before burying her head in his chest.

“Yes you do, and it’ll be ok in the end.” He said, as he gently played with her hair.

“How do you know that?” She half asked, half sobbed.

“Because it always is,” Blaize answered with a sigh as he held her.

~*~*~*~*~Boy’s Bathroom~*~*~*~

“What did you just say?” Remus asked quietly, his wand faltered slighty as he looked at the boy in shock.

“You can’t be Harry, you look like Snivellus, and so I know that’s a lie. Tell me what you did to my godson?” Sirius said angrily taking a step towards the boy, the grip on his wand tightening.

“It’s true,” Harry said fearfully, never having this side of his godfather directed at him.

“Let me see your arm,” Sirius said unnaturally calm.

“I’m not a death eater, I really am Harry, or was.” Harry said anxiously. He turned to look at Remus who was staring at him closely in disbelief.

“Prove it,” Sirius said with a deadly tone; a curse already in his mind.

Harry swallowed audibly; maybe he shouldn’t have told them like this. At least not without a witness, Sirius looked ready to kill. Would they really harm a student? He didn’t wanna find out and he quickly blurted out the first thing that popped into his head.

“In Harry’s 3rd year, you bit Ron and dragged him underneath the Womping willow. You then transformed and we found out that his pet Scabbers, was really this man named Peter Pettigrew. He was the reason why my parents were killed, because he betrayed them.” Harry said quickly.

“Harry, that can’t be you right?” Sirius asked with a shocked expression.

“What did you do cub?” Remus asked softly, he knew then the boy couldn’t be anyone but Harry at that point.

“I killed myself,” Harry said his head down in shame.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? Let me know in a review k?

Flamers,*throws a bucket of ice cold water on them*