Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Funny story...I got a summer job and its taking up my time lol..but not to worry, I would have posted sooner, but I accidently written chapter 34 before this one..oops lol, well here it is, enjoy and all that.

The next one is longer..way longer :)
Chapter 33: Lesson Learned

“Mione,” Blaise breathed mournfully.

“I couldn’t help it,” Hermione sniffled, looking at the red lines on her arms.

“This is all my fault,” he said shaking his head from side to side. He could feel the tears gather in his eyes. Why hadn’t he paid close attention?

“This isn’t your fault Blaise, the blame rest solely on me.” She said quietly.

“I knew you were hurting, I should not have left you alone.” He said firmly, his teeth clenching in his anger at himself.

“You didn’t know I was going do this,” she tried to point out.

“Oh but I did, I just thought you would keep your word to me.” He said finally.

~*~*~*~*Abandoned Corridor~*~*~*

Draco wasn’t sure how long he laid there unable to move, nor how long it took for his tears to stop falling. He was only aware of how cruel and selfish he had been. He was hurting and he wanted the other boy to share his pain. Instead Weasel had shown him up, had beaten him. He could have hurt him but he didn’t, even as Draco had threw a cutting curse at him.
He stared at the ceiling, willing the spell to break but it didn’t. The other boy had put a lot of power into the spell and it showed. His eyes widened fearfully as he heard footsteps coming towards him. He didn’t want to see anyone, but it wasn’t like he had a choice.

"Well Draco Malfoy, you're in a bit of a bind would you say," Luna said airily as she took her wand from behind her ear.

Draco could only stare at the girl; he hadn’t really participated in the bullying of her. She was too weird for him; she always seemed to know things she shouldn’t have. He couldn’t do anything but look at her, his eyes following her every move. They did widen however as he took in the wand in her hand, was she going to curse him too.

“Oh I’m not going to hurt you Draco, the nargles wouldn’t be very happy with me if I did. They were the ones who told me that you were here, and needed help,” she explained.

Draco stared at her incredulously; he didn’t even need words to explain what he was thinking. This girl was insane, what the hell? He scoffed inwardly, she was useless a waste of pureblood talent, it was a wonder she didn’t have any friends. Of course he didn’t say that, as he couldn’t speak, but apparently his expression said everything.

Luna looked at him and narrowed her eyes, her dreamy look disappearing in an instance as she looked at the cold silver eyes from the boy on the stone floor.

“Even your thoughts show no remorse for what you’ve done. Never mind the fact that Ronald Weasely just bested you in a duel, and has left you vulnerable on the floor. Forget the fact that his best friend killed himself, and was going to take you with him. And yet you haven’t learned a single thing.” Luna lectured, her brow furrowed.

When she had seen Ron limping away she had handed him a potion, so he could get to the infirmary without passing out. She had originally come over to see if the Slytherin needed any help. As she picked up his wand from down the hall, she could see that he did. That was until, she heard him. She usually didn’t care, what they said about her. She had friends, not a lot but the ones that she did have mattered to her.

He hadn’t learned his lesson, and though she had told Harry that he couldn’t hide forever, she understood why. What she wouldn’t give to go one day without being called Loony? Just because she didn’t react, or outwardly show her displeasure; didn’t mean that it didn’t hurt. Words hurt, more than spells ever could, was Malfoy really that dense.

“This is yours, but you’re not getting it back. Not until you’ve learned,” She said quietly as she held up his wand. Placing a few anti-summoning charms on it, she banished it to her trunk.

Draco stared at her in horror, what was she going on about, and what did he need to learn?

“I’ll be back for you Draco Malfoy, and by then I sure hope that you’ve thought about the consequences of your actions.” She said, her face turning back to her dreamy state before she skipped away. True to her word she did return about 2 hours later, but Malfoy was in another state.

Draco could only stare at the ceiling as his eyes filled with his already unshed tears. He could feel them leaking out the corners of his eyes, but this time he didn’t try to stop them. Was there no point to his life, if no one cared what happened to him? He closed his eyes as his memories assaulted him losing himself in every horrible thing he had ever said and done. As he went through them, Draco was unaware of everything. Of how much time had passed or that the charms had finally came undone.

He was oblivious to know that he was no longer alone. None of that mattered, as he finally wept. He cried for himself and his actions, for the sins of his father and all his classmates suffering. But most important, he cried for a black haired teen with green eyes, who had refused his friendship the first year. He cried for the boy, who didn’t grow up with his parents, the one who would never have a future; who would never grow up into an adult, the boy who had spared his life. How could he be so cruel?

Luna smiled a tearful smile as she sat across the grieving teen, one hand going out to comfort him. She knew he wouldn’t push her away now, not when he needed it the most.

~*~*~*Infirmary~*~*~*

Ron was breathing hard by the time he entered the hospital wing. He was thanking Luna for that blood replenishing potion; otherwise he knew he would have passed out a while back. As he staggered into the doorway, he could see his dorm mate Seamus playing chess with Theodore. He didn’t react to it, what was the point. They were all in that classroom together, be wouldn’t start something as trivial house rivalries.

“Ronald what the hell happened to you?” Pansy screeched out, in horror.

For a moment Ron looked up expected Hermione to be there, knowing she would ask something like that. But when he looked up to see the Slytherin he gave a half smile before answering.

“You’re boyfriend didn’t know how to handle his grief,” he said with a wince, as Madame Pomprey soon came into the room.

“Draco did that?” She asked quietly, for conformation.

“Yup,” Ron answered as he took a seat on the bed, as Madame Pomprey fussed over him.

“How did he look if you ended up like that?” Theodore asked, as he looked up from the game.

“He wasn’t hurt; I petrified him and left him there.” Ron explained grimacing as he swallowed some potions.

“You didn’t hurt Malfoy? Are you serious Ron?” Seamus asked in disbelief. Everyone in the whole school knew about the animosity between the Weasleys and Malfoys.

“No I didn’t, what would be the point? Harry would still be dead, I don’t feel like fighting at the moment,” He said turning away as his eyes filled with tears.

“It’ll be ok, we’ll get through this. And Draco will come around right?” Pansy said quietly.

“I don’t know, he wasn’t in the room with us, when we heard Neville’s story. He doesn’t get it, he’s so stubborn.” Theodore stressed.

“Speaking of which, Ron have you seen Neville?” Seamus asked quietly.

“No, he didn’t come back until late last night; and when I woke up he was gone again.” Ron said with a frown.

“You don’t think he would do something stupid, do you?” Seamus finally asked.

“I don’t know, I really hope not,” Ron said with a heavy sigh. He didn’t think he could take it if he lost another one of his friends this close to losing Harry. And from the looks of the other kids in the infirmary he didn’t think they could either. Especially as they all had one thing in common. Every single one of them had made fun of Neville at one point in their lives, whether in fun or not they had still done it.

~*~*~*At the Lake~*~*~*~*

Blaise allowed himself to wallow in his guilt for 5 minutes or so, his hand on Hermione’s never faltered. He didn’t want to go to his head of house, not after what the man had done to him; but he didn’t know where else to go. He sighed softly before looking at Hermione; she looked so worn, had it only been yesterday since Harry had died?

“Mione get up,” he said gently as he stood up, pulling her with him.

“I’m sorry Blaise,” she said quietly.

“I know, I’m sorry too,” he said softly.

Hermione looked at him in shock, was he giving up on her? Had she truly driven him away? Could he not handle what she did?

“Relax love, you can’t get rid of me that easily,” he replied soothingly taking in her alarmed look.

“Then why else are we leaving? Where are we going?” She pressed tearfully.

“Do you trust me?” He asked quietly.

“Yes,” she admitted softly.

“Why do you trust me?” He asked.

“Because I know you won’t ever hurt me.” Hermione said with conviction. Even if they barely talked before the…incident she knew in her heart that he would never bring her harm.

“Good, then I’m taking you to someone who can help,” Blaise explained.

“I don’t want to go to Madame Pomprey; she’ll think I’m mad. I’m not crazy Blaine, I just…” She trailed off as she looked at her exposed forearm.

“I know, you’re not crazy, you’re hurting. You’re not going to the infirmary,” he promised.

“Ok but you still haven’t told me where you’re taking me,” Hermione protested as he led her to the castle.

“That’s where you just have to trust me on,” Blaise said. He knew that Snape didn’t like Gryffindors, and the feeling was mutual. But he also knew that his Head of house, had experience dealing with students who self harmed.

“Alright well as long as it’s not Snape, I don’t fancy being taunted about this.” Hermione said softly.

“He wouldn’t tease you, not about this. Even Snape isn’t that cruel Mione,” He said quietly.

Hermione gave him a long look, but didn’t answer. Clearly Snape cared about certain people, Harry in particular, he had saved him every year damn it. She shook her head, but she stop resisting as he led her into the castle and towards the dungeons.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think?

Flamers...go take a walk in quicksand :)