Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Another chapter Hurray, its getting closer as you can see in this one. Hope you guys like it.
Chapter 4: Losing It

Harry woke up the next morning, feeling more tired and drained then he had ever felt. As he rolled his tired body out of bed, he reached over to grab his glasses. He winced as he looked at his left hand but there was nothing for it. At the moment he was trying to figure out just what the hell he had been dreaming about. What kind of dream consisted of a hallway and a door at the end? What was that about? He shrugged but since his scar didn’t hurt he didn’t think that it was related to Voldemort and if it was he wasn’t sure what he was supposed to do.

He wasn’t oblivious and he had noticed that Dumbledore refused to look at him. It was almost like he couldn’t stand the sight of Harry anymore. Harry frowned already thinking that Snape had gotten to the Headmaster. He sighed he was used to dealing with things on his own so he knew that this wouldn’t be any different. He patted his pocket and smiled when he felt the mirror still in his pocket. His dorm mates appeared to still be sleeping but Harry didn’t want to risk it right now.

Besides he wasn’t even sure that Sirius could even help him. Grabbing his clothes and robes Harry hurried into the bathroom to take a shower and get dressed. He was winced when he looked at his hand thankful that it didn’t seem to have swelled up. His injuries on his body were still fresh and he had no doubt that if Madame Pomprey were to heal his hand she would also run a scan on him like she always did. As he was walking out the bathroom he found himself face to face with Ron. Harry schooled his face not wanting the other boy to see how much he had hurt him; but he wasn’t sure he had done a good job.

“Harry, I’m sorry about ignoring you last night.” Ron said apologetically.

“If you’re sorry, then why did you do it in the first place?” Harry asked quietly.

“Seamus was saying something, “Ron replied with a shrug.

“Its fine Ron, you don’t have to pretend that you wanna be my friend anymore. I can deal with this on my own.” Harry replied ignoring that hurt feeling in his heart. He was beginning to get use to it.

“Harry it’s not like that,” Ron tried to explain.

“I get it Ron, you don’t have to explain.” Harry said before he shook his head and walked back into the dorm.

Harry forced himself to smile cheerfully despite the lump he was feeling in his throat. He needed to get out of the dorm now. He grabbed his bag and quickly left, heading downstairs where he was intercepted so to speak by Hermione. Harry hadn’t really noticed her that much due to her prefect duties but he could tell already that she knew something wasn’t right with him.

“Morning Mione,” he said with happiness that he didn’t even have.

“Harry, are you ok?” She asked concern in eyes.

“I’m just trying to forget the feeling of not having friends. I should be used to this Mione; they do it almost every year.” Harry said with a forced grin.

He couldn’t be around her, when he was with her he always felt inclined to spill his guts. He couldn’t afford to have her figure out the pieces. Harry knew without a doubt that if she found out about the gun she would take it away; or worse tell the teachers. Harry knew that she wouldn’t understand just why he needed to have it with him.

“Where’s Ron Harry?” Hermione asked, oblivious to his inner struggles.

“Upstairs with his friends, I’ll see you at breakfast.” Harry said quietly walking pass her and out the tower.

He breathed a sigh of relief once he was out, the tower felt so suffocating to him at the moment. He shook his head before starting the trek towards the great hall. He was about 20 feet from it when he felt a spell wiz by his ear and he stopped and turned around in alarm. His eyes widened, he hadn’t seen Malfoy nor the rest of the Slytherins sneak up on him. Was he that caught up in his thoughts?

“What do you want Malfoy?” Harry asked unable to curb the hatred in his voice. His tone took the other boy by alarm if his eyes were anything to go by.

“We just felt like catching a lion is all Potter, where’s your Gryffindorks?” Draco taunted.

“Back in the tower, what do you really want?” Harry asked his hand gripping his wand tight.

“Nothing from you, we just have to be on our guard whenever you come around. After all I wouldn’t want to drop dead, considering what happened to Diggory.” Draco teased.

Harry’s jaw tightened as he clenched his teeth. He didn’t throw the spell that killed Cedric but he knew in his heart he was responsible for his death nonetheless. He breathed loudly in anger; leave it to Malfoy to bring that up.

“Yea, keep that in mind if you want to keep on living,” Harry said neutrally, knowing they wouldn’t know what he meant.

He smiled cruelly, it was too simple. Malfoy versus him, especially when Harry brought the gun into play; that Slytherin ferret wouldn’t have a chance. He would be on the floor bleeding before he could even raise his wand.

“Right, Potter you can’t kill me. I know spells you haven’t even heard of.” Draco said evilly.

“Is that right? You wanna put your money where your mouth is?” Harry taunted.

“What does that even mean Potter?” Draco asked in confusion.

“It’s a muggle saying, in short all I meant was two words; prove it.” Harry said as he narrowed his eyes.

“Prove it here, in the middle of Hogwarts? Are you nuts, where that muggle loving old coot can catch us? Please I have more tact then that,” Draco said as he shook his head.

Harry shook his head, knowing Malfoy was a chicken. He after all had remembered their first year and Malfoy telling Filch on them; the little worm. Harry raised his wand to curse him, after all and eye for an eye and the little snot had cursed him. He sighed as Snape seemingly to come out of nowhere and catch him.

“Detention tonight Potter at 7:00pm and 20 points from Gryffindor.” Severus said his lips twisted up in a grimace. He had just gotten done talking to Delores and found out that the Potter brat had lied to him.

Harry groaned loudly and watched as Malfoy and his goons walked away and towards the great hall. What the hell? How in the fuck was he going to be in two places at once? He waited for his teacher to talk and he wasn’t disappointed.

“You ungrateful brat, just what do you think you were doing raising your wand to your classmate?” Snape rounded on him.

“Malfoy had cursed me first, I was defending myself.” Harry angrily replied back.

“If he had really cursed you then why was his wand hand on his side? I do not tolerate being lied to Potter, you are already on thin ice. I talked to Delores and she has informed me that you did not have a detention with her last night.” Snape said as his black eyes pierced into Harry’s green ones.

“I did have a detention with her, and I have the marks to prove it. Not to mention our whole DADA teacher heard her give me one. She’s the one who’s lying, not me.” Harry said the anger and hurt inside of him growing. Why did everyone have to be against him?

“What are you talking about Potter? What marks?” Severus asked, taking a moment to calm down. Detentions should not leave marks, what the hell was going on?

“As if you actually cared sir, if that is all I will be there tonight. Though you might want to look into the book that shows which kid has detention. You will find I am in there with both you and Umbridge. If that is all I’m going to breakfast,” Harry said turning around and walking towards the great hall.

If Harry had looked behind him he would have seen that his Professor had a thoughtful expression on his face for once instead of his sneer. But Harry didn’t look back, he needed a distraction; at the moment the gun was looking like the only way he could be happy. As he sat down on the bench to scoop some food on his plate ignoring the fact that he wasn’t even hungry. Harry had a thought on where he could carry out his plans without being caught.

The Chamber of Secrets had merit him being the only person who could speak to snakes in the castle. But he shook his head knowing that could never work, especially since he had a few people he wanted to take with him. Harry ate his food absently as he thought about it, smiling a real smile for once as his plans seemed to get less fuzzy and more clearer.

Chapter End Notes:
Review guys the support for my new story has been AWESOME! With that being said you guys rock

Flamers can drown in pit of acid (lol)