Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Its coming...The next chapter has different points of views as everyone prepares themselves for something they never expected.
Chapter 6: The Plan
 Harry walked into Snape’s office later that night, not at all sure of what he was supposed to do. The headmaster hadn’t been that all generous to just how the man was going to teach him. To be honest he was feeling a bit lost. He didn’t know what to expect and that was his downfall. He could see the glint in the man’s eye as he barked at him to clear his mind?

“How am I supposed to do that?” Harry asked quietly.

But Snape either didn’t hear or was ignoring him before Harry’s mind was forcibly invaded into. At the moment he could see himself back at the Durselys as Uncle Vernon choked him for waking them up in the middle of the night. He was abruptly brought back into Snape’s office before Snape was yelling at him again. The next memory was Dudley pushing him down the stairs and his already welted back hitting the floor.

“Stop!”Harry yelled shaking his head, as he fell back into the wall.

He breathed a sigh of relief as he landed back into the man’s office.

“Clear your mind Potter, do you think I want to see your pitiful memories?” Severus sneered.

“Then stop digging through my head for them.” Harry yelled back.

“Clear your mind!” Severus yelled again before he was pointing his wand once again at Harry.

Harry’s head jerked at the invasion but just like before he couldn’t stop it. Memory after memory of his horrible childhood came forth showing his teacher everything. He had no type of secrets at that moment and it scared him. What if Snape found out about the gun? As they displayed Harry’s detentions with Umbridge Snape quickly left his mind and was looking at Harry in anger.

“What was that I saw?” He asked in a dangerous voice that sent chills through Harry’s body.

“Nothing,” Harry replied feeling like his head was about to split open.

“Who helped you plant those lies? I know for a fact that your family dotes on you,” Snape said angrily as his perception of the boy tried to shift after everything he had just saw.

“No one did sir,” Harry replied not wanting to talk about this.

“Then what did I see,” Snape pressed, his curiosity sparked over what he thought might have been a blood quill in a detention.

“Nothing sir,” Harry replied softly.

“You’re a liar Potter, whose memories were those because it wasn’t yours? Prince Potter would never stay in a home that would hurt him. He loves attention and he would tell the first person he saw that he was being abused.” Snape reasoned.

The last remaining parts of Harry’s heart broke off at that moment. His teacher who had blatantly violated his mind just called him a liar. And attention sinking brat, there was nothing else he could say to that. It must be true Umbridge said it, Dumbledore hated him and now Snape said it. He was a toxin, a waste and he didn’t deserve to live. Besides what was the bloody point when he was called a crazy loon every year.

How in the hell could you fake memories anyways? He shook his head as his heart started to harden it didn’t even matter to him at that moment. That gun was coming out to play, and he needed to figure out what to do. He smiled cruelly knowing tomorrow would be perfect. Umbridge was going to be visiting the potions classroom tomorrow for an evaluation on Snape’s teaching methods.

Harry smiled a disturbed smile as he realized that Snape, Umbridge, Malfoy would all be in the exact same place at the same time. He knew that the castle locked itself down when it felt that its occupants were being threatened. And that meant that the minute the first bullet was shot, the classroom would be on lockdown. The castle wouldn’t know that the danger was inside with them.

Harry kept his frightful smile on his face as his plans started to fall into place. First he would need to get the gun and then he would head to the come and go room. He mentally thanked Dobby and Fred and George for showing him the room of requirement. He could have target practice there, and by the time tomorrow morning came he would be ready. Harry breathed a sigh of relief before returning his focus to his teacher who was looking at him oddly.

“We’re done here Potter,” Snape said quietly, as the boy’s memories threatened to overwhelm him even as he fought them.

“Finally,” Harry replied stretching for a moment.

“Read the first 5 chapters before our lesson tomorrow.” Snape said neutrally.

“Yes sir,” Harry said before turning to make his way out the door.

“Your wand Potter, you of all people should know how much you need to carry this more than anyone.” Snape said scolding him, as he held out the item.

“Like I’ll need it after tomorrow,” Harry said off-handily before grabbing the wand and sticking it into his pocket.

Harry quickly walked out of the office and down the corridors. He was deep into his thoughts trying to figure out how this would go off without a hitch.

As Harry tried to perfect his plan the dark eyed man he had just left was feeling on edge. Severus had heard the Harry’s chilling last words, and that didn’t bode well for him. He had worked with a master who didn’t seem to be afraid of death and he had seen his share of horrors. But he could truthfully say, hearing that last sentence from the child, the Gryffindor golden boy no less, was frightening. Severus nodded intending on watching the child closely tomorrow. He didn’t want the boy to do anything rash like kill himself surely his life wasn’t that bad.

He forced himself to occlude those memories away before he deposited them in the pensive he would look at them all closely tomorrow. He knew that the child who couldn’t even block his thoughts didn’t have false memories but that fact that he was the Potter spawn made him think illogically. The boy was guilty until proven innocent in his eyes.

Harry hurried back to the tower before walking into the common room and into his dorm. He ignored Hermione’s wondering gaze as he headed up the stairs. Reaching into his trunk he pulled out his invisibility cloak and made sure it had everything tightly wrapped up in it. Grabbing the mirror that allowed him to talk to Sirius and his photo album, before standing up; he was ready.

“Harry, where are you going?” Neville asked quietly from his place on his bed.

“Just want to take a walk is all,” Harry replied neutrally.

“Do you mind company?” Neville asked, something about the tenseness in his friend’s shoulder wasn’t sitting with him right.

“Thanks but I’m good Neville.” Harry answered honestly.

“Alright Harry,” he replied lying back on his bed.

Harry breathed a sigh of relief shoving everything into his small book bag before making his way downstairs. He was promptly pulled into the group by Ginny and Hermione who looked like she had just got done scolding Ron.

“How were remedial potions?” Hermione asked quietly.

“Snape hates me, so it of course sucked.” Harry responded.

“It’ll get better Harry, believe me.” Ginny replied softly.

Harry didn’t say anything, how long had he said the same thing to himself when Uncle Vernon had thrashed him. His only regret about tomorrow would be the fact that his Uncle wouldn’t be there. Oh Harry would have loved to take him out, or even better allow Voldemort to have his way with him. Harry shared no love for his Aunt’s husband and he was sure the feeling was mutual.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow,” Harry said after a few minutes.

“Where are you going?” Ron asked, finally speaking up.

Harry didn’t answer he hadn’t forgiven his friend yet. He wasn’t even sure if Ron was his friend or not at the moment, he was always so bloody off and on.

“Where are you going Harry?” Hermione finally asked, when it seemed liked Harry wasn’t going to answer.

“Just need to clear my head, by myself is all.” He replied.

“Oh we understand, be careful and all yea.” Ginny answered.

“I will and thanks Ginny for everything.” Harry replied looking at her fully.

On impulse he reached over and hugged her tight, he would miss her most of all. She seemed to always understand what it felt like to have the evil Dark Lord in his head. Considering she knew what it felt like, she never judged him on that and for that he was grateful.

“What was that for Harry?” Ginny asked curiously, Harry never initiated a hug.

“It felt like you needed one,” he replied softly before standing up and making his way out the common room.

“Something’s not right,” Hermione mused quietly to the small group a few minutes after Harry had left.

“I know, I’m getting kinda scared and I don’t even know what’s wrong.” Ginny replied softly.

“We’ll just have to watch him is all,” Hermione replied gently.

Harry made his way to the room of requirement the room setting him up immediately. Throwing a few silencing charms and asking for a sound proof room he got to work. Surprisingly after his 5th shot or so, he found that he had pretty good aim. Harry then took the time to practice his shield charm making sure it was pretty strong. It would suck to get cursed and go down before he could do a thing. One more thing he needed to do was try out that spell he has seen in the Chamber of Secrets his second year.

It was a simple yet complex locking charm. The reason why it was so complex was that you had to be a parsel tongue to cancel it. And seeing as there was no one else in Hogwarts he was pretty confident that it would work. It took him about an hour to perfect the spell and he was feeling it. Not wanting to go back to the tower, the room quickly provided him with a shower and a bed.

As he got into bed, he pulled out the mirror and smiled when his godfather’s face appeared.

“Hi Sirius,” he said cheerfully.

“Hey Harry, hows school going?” Sirius asked.

“It’s going great, I miss you.” Harry choked out as a lump unexpectantly appeared in his throat.

“I miss you too kiddo, don’t worry I think that we’ll get to see each other over Christmas.” Sirius replied happily.

For a moment after hearing that Harry wanted to reschedule everything, but he knew it would be impossible. After all when would all three of the pains in his sides ever going to be in the same place as him at the same time. It had to be tomorrow, no excuses.

“That’s great Sirius,” Harry replied softly.

“What’s the matter kiddo?” Sirius asked concern marring his features.

“Nothing, I’m just really, really going to miss you is all.” Harry replied without thinking.

“I’m not going anywhere Harry,” Sirius replied gently.

“But I am,” Harry whispered softly before shaking his head.

“Never mind then,” he said with a forced grin.

Harry noticed that his godfather didn’t seem convinced and it took him about a half hour more until the frown had left his face. Harry hoped that Sirius didn’t say anything otherwise the jig would be up and would be in St. Mungo’s in 7 minutes. After saying goodbye to Sirius Harry put the mirror away and took out his photo Album. Looking at the pictures of his parents and promising to be there with them soon he dozed off into a pleasant dream, a smile on his face for once.

Meanwhile back in the dorms, Ron was currently getting ready for bed. He was trying to figure out where Harry had gone, and opened his mate’s trunk to see if he brought the invisibility cloak. He sighed when he saw it gone; well there was no point to look for him now. As he was closing the case something gold caught his eye.

 He picked up the small item that had the color of copper and a small point at the top. He looked at the item curiously not sure at all what the hell it was. He shrugged before closing the trunk, and placing it on his dresser by his bed. He would ask Hermione tomorrow she knew everything. Ron got ready for bed and quickly fell asleep unaware of the dangers unfolding tomorrow.

Chapter End Notes:
What did you think? Please review and tell me

I shouldnt have any flamers but just to be safe.. they will be shrunk and then squashed by a steel toed boot :)