Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
I see the angels, I'll lead them to your door- Within Temptation
Avenging Angels

#4 Privet Dr.

Two figures appeared in the shadows outside the Muggle neighborhood. Without even pausing to transfiguring their clothes to acceptable attire, they canceled their invisibility charm, and strode, hand in hand up to the Dursley residents. Severus had told them of Petunia and Vernon Dursley's disdain for anything out of the ordinary.

The extraordinary couple was out to avenge the boy, and this was just a little extra fun for them. As they approached the house they heard a crack just behind them as Albus Dumbledore came into view. He looked quite angry.

The couple stood unflinchingly as the Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry appeared. "What have you done with the boy. I demand you return him immediately!"

Eileen stood her ground with her supportive husband by her side. "Albus, your little game is up. He's been taken to a safe place to heal from his injuries...ones suffered at Vernon's hands. Not that you care. Your precious blood wards have fallen...truly you don't understand the magic behind them. They only work in a loving home.

"You are quite mistaken. He's perfectly safe here, I will be speaking to the Dursleys and then you will return the boy here."

That was the wrong thing to say.

Eileen stiffened and then stepped forward as her husband watched in pride. "Safe, you say, just like the Potters were safe? They blindly put their trust in you and your Fidelius charm. It didn't save them at all. My son begged them to come to the place of safety and they refused. Harry could have died that night, only Lily's love saved him. They perished because of their blind trust in your'ability' to save them." " You also blindly trusted Petunia Dursley to take care of her nephew, you sentimental fool. That 'love' you trusted her to have isn't there and it never was. That monstrosity that lives in here nearly ended his life after the magical incident. No, I'm much too smart to trust in you."

She paused to take a breath as she pulled out her wand and pointed it threateningly in the headmaster's direction.

"Now, you'll stand aside and let us claim justice for the boy you claim to care about."

Albus looked stunned but he didn't stop her as they walked past. "You better have proof of this."

Eileen turned back to him, pulled out a vial with a silvery strand in it and handed it over to the headmaster.

"These are from my daughter-in-law who is a very gifted dream walker. She gave him a very thorough mind examination while she treated him for a concussion. And the name Snape no longer applies to me. I'm Eileen, of the house of Hakon. That's all you need to know." Saying this she turned on her heel, strode up to the door, and knocked loudly.

A few seconds passed and then the door opened to reveal Vernon himself all dressed up for the work day. "What are you freaks doing here? That boy is gone and good-riddance! I demand you leave my house at once!"

Frowning, Hakon stepped in front of Eileen and got into the obese man's face. "His name is Harry and we're here to meat out our own justice. You'll will let us in or we'll continue to make a scene on your front lawn."

Vernon's face turned purple and his eyes narrowed. "You are unwanted here, sir. You force your way in and we'll charge you with breaking and entering."

Hakon looked at him for a moment as if contemplating a fly on the wall. "We don't live under your parliament and furthermore, we are magical beings...we could slaughter you and leave no trace that we were ever here. I suggest compliance or suffer my wrath. I've much to say to you."

Vernon looked ready to explode but stepped back allowing the couple entrance. "Make it fast."

Eileen stepped through the door to see Petunia standing in the door way to the kitchen. "What are you freaks doing in my house?"

Eileen gave her a cold smile and stepped up into her personal space...the two women stared each other down.

"I will not take him back. He's polluted my house long enough with his abnor-"

Eileen sneered and slapped her across the face.

Shrieking, the horse faced woman's hand flew to her cheek.

"That's quite enough from you." the witch said as she pointed her wand in Petunia's direction "I saw just what you've done to your nephew. You were entrusted with his care and you've failed miserably. You don't even deserve to be a mother. You have no excuse for the abysmal state we found the boy in."

Petunia flushed. "Who do you think you are? He was given a roof over his head and clothes on his back. We took him out of the goodness of our hearts and let him eat our food. What lies has that ungrateful wretch fed you?"

Eileen slapped her again but this time Petunia fell against the wall.

"He didn't say a word to us, we have mind magic and can see into his subconscious and I was not happy with what I saw. You starved the boy and fed him through the cat flap in his room. I could easily count his bones when we healed him up. You've certainly taken care of you son. He's fat as a whale but yet you starve your nephew. You son is dressed in the latest fashions, but your nephew is stuck with clothes that don't fit him and hang off his frame. And worst of all, you have the gall to act as if this was nothing out of the ordinary."

Petunia shrank against the wall with the witch standing over her, trembling where she stood. In the meantime, Hakon was meting out his own justice. His eyes were blazing with hatred toward the Muggle in front of him.

"I saw all you did to the boy and it's very unacceptable."

"Lies! All of them. We didn't even want the boy. That old fool forced him on us. We made sure he earned his keep."

"As what, you simpering weakling. A punching bag? Discipline is one thing but what you did was sadistic abuse. If you were a man at all you'd look to the needs of your household before your own and that means everyone in your care, even the ones you don't like. Especially the young ones." He added in a dangerous tone.

"I'll not have you speak to me so! I own my own business and my wife has all she could desire, and my son is well kept, I even allowed that ungrateful wretch to sleep in the extra bedroom. I put up with his freakish nonsense all these years and that's more than required of me. I'll not be all mamby pamby on that little freak."

"Well, I think I've heard enough." said Dumbledore as he entered the residence.

Petunia looked over Eileen's shoulder and looked extremely nervous.

Albus looked around the room. "So, this is what you've done with the money I sent you for Harry's care. I must confess I'm very disappointed in you Petunia." "I had hoped that your maternal tenderness would be extended to your nephew...you sister's own flesh and blood." He advanced on woman shrinking against the wall. "I warned you Petunia to look after him as you would your own son. In the wizarding world, we take child abuse very seriously. The Aurors are on their way here. Consider your life over."

Petunia fainted and Vernon looked angrier than ever as he made to get up but Albus only pointed his wand.

"Incarcerous."

Instantly several ropes flew from his wand and wrapped themselves securely around the Muggle's body and held him tight.

Then Albus spoke in a voice of authority. "I Albus Wulfric Percival Brian Dumbledore, Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot formally accuse you, Vernon and Petunia Dursley of child abuse in the case of one Harry James Potter. You will be taken into custody and held in Azkaban prison until your trial." "Your son, Dudley Dursley will be taken into wizarding child service's custody until the time of the trial, you'll have no contact with him until your fate is decided. Also, I am officially taking ownership of this house. It will be held in the state it is now for evidence and all the money and possessions shall be stored in a private high security vault at Gringotts and will be sold piece by piece until you've paid back every Knut and Galleon that I sent you as a stipend for Harry's care. Then the rest will go into a trust fund to be given to Dudley when he reaches his majority."

As he said this, the Aurors arrived and took both adults into custody. They were both led outside into full view of their nosy and gossipy neighbors. There, an official looking squad car was waiting for them and the humiliated Muggles had no way to hide their faces.

Once the car was gone, Eileen grinned wickedly at her husband and then faced the rubbernecking neighbors. "Petunia and Vernon Dursley have been arrested for abusing their nephew."

With this said, they walked back into the house where Dudley sat on the couch, looking very afraid with a duffle bag at his feet. Albus then motioned for the portly teenager to stand.

"W...where am I going...sir?" he asked in a nervous voice.

"Just where I said. I'll be taking you through the Floo to wizarding child services. You'll be placed in a temporary home till the trial. I can assure you that you'll be looked after, in a much better way than your parents did. No harm will come to you."

Dudley only nodded and looked at his feet again.

Dumbledore then addressed Eileen and Hakon.

"I will be expecting Harry to return to school every year for schooling. I won't interfere with your guardianship of him. But I'll need documented evidence of your findings along with sworn statements for the trial. Also, please tell Severus that I'll be expecting him to show up for the staff meeting in a month."

Hakon nodded.

"He'll be there. Our haven is a place of deep and powerful magic. Don't attempt to find us."

The headmaster's gaze was void of its usual sparkle.

"Please pass along my apologies to them, especially to Harry though I know it will not be worth much. I'll see them at the start of term."

Eileen nodded and walked away hand in hand down the street to the same spot her son had chosen to rest his steed and summoned her husband's giant winged horse. After hoisting himself up into the saddle, he helped his wife mount. With one arm wrapped around his wife's hip and the other holding the reins he gently squeezed the beat's sides.

"Come on Haski, Take us home!"

The massive winged stallion neighed and whipped its tail as it turned and took off for the sky, never to return to Little Whinging ever again.

New Asgard

Harry followed Keld to the stable. Severus, Angelica, and Thordred walked with them as they entered the stable. Before her pregnancy, Keld had been the main Horsemistress but with her time nearing she'd stepped down and allowed her own husband to take her place...that is, until she could resume her responsibilities. But now, hand in hand with her spouse, she walked in and was greeted with the strong scent of horseflesh. She looked around and grinned at the mare with a silver marking on her forehead. At her side lay a smaller foal with flimsy wings at his sides.

"Hello Silvermist! How's the foal?"

The mare nickered as she came near her mistress and rubbed her nose against the pregnant woman's shoulder. A wide smile spread across her face as she rubbed the equine's forehead.

Meanwhile, Harry grinned down at the foal watching as the baby Pegasus struggled to its feet all the while stretching out its wings to both sides clumsily. When it managed to stand on its own, it walked without fear over to Harry and sniffed the boy.

Harry and the foal looked each other in the eyes and without even realizing what he was doing, he reached out a hand and the foal rubbed his nose against it. As he did so Harry could feel something within himself shift as he became aware of something binding him to the foal who had started trembling.

In sudden concern he had not felt before, Harry rubbed the foal's forehead as a soft warmth spread through him. He didn't realize it but he was suddenly trembling as a supernatural bonding was completed.

Severus watched in wonder and Keld's eyes widened as she realized what was going on.

Harry looked up then and noticed everyone staring at him. He frowned. "What is it? Have I done something wrong?"

Keld shook her head. "Not at all, just unexpected. It seems that Arod has chosen and bonded with you. It was a lot sooner than I expected."

Harry looked at the foal again and then at the older woman.

"Bonded?"

Thordred nodded. "He's responded to your magic, and has chosen you to be his rider. He's too small to be ridden, and unlike regular horses, he doesn't need to be broken in. Your his human now and it's more like a partnership then an ownership. You need to commune with him often and take care of him as he grows and matures. "In about a year he'll be a full grown Pegasus. You'll be companions for life."

Harry was wide eyed as he looked into the foals brown eyes. He could now feel the strands between them strengthening. Arod nudged him and Harry was helpless to resist. A moment later he gave in and surrendered his will to the bond and in response, the horse neighed loudly and pranced in place. Harry felt the thrill of joy radiating off the foal and his spirit responded in kind. His eyes sparkled with mirth as he rested his forehead on the foal and stroked his nose.

"My Arod." he murmured and didn't move several seconds.

Severus watched them both with a soft smile, remembering how it had felt for him when he'd been chosen by Onyx all those years ago. There were no words to accurately explain the experience. It was like nothing he'd ever felt before and it was second only to the wonder of him and his wife's first bliss filled night as husband and wife.

"I never get tired of the bonding." Angelica whispered as she rested against his side.

Severus nodded as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders. He was about to reply when he heard the clip clop of his father's horse as Haski came into the stable.

Thordred reached out to take the horses reins and welcome the gelding home. Severus went to the horses side and held out a hand to help his mother down.

Angelica hugged her mother in law in welcome. "How did you fare?"

They all listened to the story as Thordred settle the horse in the stall next to its mate, Silvermist.

Haski walked over to the newly bonded pair and sniffed harry. Then finding all was well settled back into the straw and draped a wing over his mate. "It's good to know that the old fool has finally made the right decision. And he won't interfere with us either?"

Hakon shook his head. "My wife is a very formidable woman. Only a fool would try to go against her when she's playing the avenging angel."

Harry barely noticed when Severus came up to them and put a hand on his shoulder.

He looked up with eyes full of wonder. "Sir?"

"It's Severus, son. You're free to be yourself...and if it's acceptable to you, Angelica and I will be filing for guardianship." Harry looked up at the man before him with a startled hope.

"Guardianship? you mean you want to be my parents?"

Severus nodded. "We would be honored to be your parents, if it's acceptable to you. Our son will need a good big brother when he arrives."

"You mean when she comes." Angelica corrected him.

Harry laughed at their playful banter. He loved the thought of being a part of the family...of having a mum and a dad that actually wanted him around and didn't pretend he didn't exist. He'd always desired a family, like the ones Ron and Hermione had. And now, his professor and his wife were offering him something he'd wished so fervently for... He eagerly nodded with a wide grin on his face. He'd never be alone or unwanted again!

"I'd love that very much sir!"

Severus held his wife closer and she grinned at him.

"Then welcome to the family, Harry."

And so it was that night, Harry Potter was welcomed into the house of Hakon and through the blood ritual became Harry, eldest son of Severus.