Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:

Photobucket

 

 A huge thanks to CeeCeeMee. She is seriously an AMAZING beta…and put up with me through readings and rereadings of every single chapter, some of them more than twice. If not for her, I probably never would have finished this on time. Thanks CeeCeeJ

 

Also, thanks to watercrystals, who I threw many ideas off of while writing this…and was quite mean with giving just enough of a look to be interested but nothing moreJ

 

On a side note, the only thing one must remember in this story, off the top of my head, is that Hermione is younger than Harry, and the Longbottoms were tortured when Neville was two months old.

Prolouge: Time was Running Out

During fifth year, Ronald Weasley was betrayed by his two best friends.

He was supposed to be best friends with the Boy-Who-Lived and the Know-It-All, to help rid the world of evil.

He was supposed to, anyways. He had thought that was his fate ever since he had entered his second year at Hogwarts.

That was until late one night, during the Christmas Holidays when he, Hermione, and Harry had nuck away from Grimmauld Place with a Horcrux. A locket.

Harry had told Ron that Dumbledore had told him that he had to destroy at least six Horcruxes in order to defeat Voldemort. They had taken the locket with them, but had gone by Saint Mungo's to see Ron's father, who had been bitten by a venomous snake, before they destroyed it and then went to find the others horcruxes. It was going to be dangerous.

That was when Ron's world, as he knew it anyways, ended.

He had watched his two friends leave the hospital room, telling him that they would be back
shortly.

Instead of staying with his father, he followed them. He had a bad feeling…he had to follow them. He had to make sure they stayed safe. He had to face whatever they faced.

Only to come face to face with them handing Severus Snape, the greasy git of the dungeons, the locket that they were supposed to destroy.

And then he watched Hermione leaning in to hug the man, and then standing on the tips of her toes to lightly peck him on the cheek.

And then even Harry hugged the man.

Ron's eyes grew round.

What the bloody hell was going on?

At that moment, Severus Snape looked up with eyes dark as the darkest part of night, said something, and motioned for Hermione and Harry to turn around.

Hermione looked upset. Harry looked slightly resigned, yet angry. Why could Ron not have listened to them and stayed with his father?

They were going to lose a friend at that moment, and they knew it. It was a moment they had been dreading for years. Why had they gotten so close to the hot-headed red head? But when one had to hide their true identity and parentage due to the war, causalities were expected.

"What the bloody hell are you two doing! Hugging Snape!"

Harry and Hermione walked over to the boy. Their friend.

"We are sorry that we have to do this." Hermione said quietly, her voice filled with pain.

Ron looked at her as if she had grown an extra head.

"What! What the bloody…"

"Obliviate." The words were spoken so softly, Ron literally did not know what had hit him.

Severus walked over to the two teenagers and quickly guided them out of the hospital.

They would not be going back to Grimmauld Place, or Hogwarts. Not now. Possibly not ever.

They were going back to their families.

Time was running out.

They now had to hurry.