Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
A shorter chapter. The rest of the chapters should be fairly long. Italics is a flash back
The Plan

Harry spent five more days at St. Mungos. The nerve damage was mostly healed and Harry was in the process of coping with the brain damage. Snape had been watching Harry's fine motor skill rehabilitation. He would need to continue to work with Harry when they rescued him from having to return to Voldemort. Twenty days after he had come to St. Mungos, Snape and Dumbledore would put the plan into action.


 It was around one thirty when Healer Anderson entered Harry's room. What he saw shocked him. There was Albus Dumbledore, his wand pointed at Anderson's chest. Harry had a look of surprise on his face because Dumbledore was standing over an unconscious Severus Snape. Anderson didn't have a chance to understand what was going on because the stunning spell, from Dumbledore's wand, hit him in the chest.
 "Anderson, get up now." Snape growled, shaking him awake.

 "What?" Anderson questioned as he was roused awake.

"Dumbledore took Harry."

"What!?" Anderson stood up fast and looked at the empty bed. "Son of a bitch!" Anderson shouted as he turned to leave the room.

"And where do you think you're going?" Snape snarled, causing Anderson to turn back around.

"I'm taking my father and running."

"No, you're not. We need to go tell him."

"Are you bloody mental? We may as well as just sign our own death warrants."

"No, running away would be signing our death warrants. When he learns that you have deserted him, no matter where you are, he will find you." Snape argued

"We are dead men anyways."

"No, you will still be alive. It was my responsibility to watch the boy. You're coming with me." Snape grabbed Anderson by the collar and disapparated with him.



Pain ravaged Snape's body, just as he expected it.

Furious was not even close to describing how angry Voldemort was. The office that the meeting had been held in was destroyed. The desk had been thrown across the room. Anderson and Snape stood as still as trees while Voldemort went on his rampage.

"You can double check our story, my lord. Albus Dumbledore caught us off guard." Snape informed.

Voldemort turned to look at both men. It was the intense stare that let Snape know that Voldemort was performing legemency. The memory of Dumbledore hexing Snape came up into the forefront of Snape's mind. Voldemort howled in rage and then turned his wand on Snape.

It seemed like Snape was being tortured for hours, but it could have only been minutes. The Cruciatus curse was relinquished and Snape rolled about on the floor, panting for breath.

"This is your only warning, Anderson. This is what happens when you disregard my orders. Leave now before I decide that you are to be punished as well." Voldemort snarled in warning.

"Yes, my lord." Anderson responded.

Then he calmly walked out of the room, but Snape knew that if Anderson could, he would have run out of the office. Snape managed to push himself up onto one knee when the door to the office closed. He reflected on what had just happened. Voldemort had just fed into Snape's plan. The boy would be save.

"My Lord, I apologize for my mistake. I should have seen it coming. I let Potter slip through your grasp." Snape mumbled.

"Rise, Severus." Voldemort ordered.

Snape stood slowly, still disoriented from the cruciatus curse.

"Do you have any idea where Dumbledore would have taken the boy?" Voldemort questioned.

"Hogwarts would be the only answer that I have for you. If he is there, then you have little chance of success of getting him back."

"Silence." Voldemort hissed.

"My apologies, my lord. I would go and get the boy myself, but I do not think that I will be able to get back into Hogwarts. Dumbledore must have found out."

"I said silence." Voldemort hissed again. With a flick of his wand, he brought Snape back to his knees. "I will have to find the boy, myself. Seeing as you are too incompetent."

"You are going to Hogwarts?"

"You really are too incompetent, you fool. I would do no such thing till my other plan has worked itself out."

"Then how are you going to find the boy?"

"That is none of your concern at the moment."

Voldemort closed his eyes for a long time. Fear slowly began to claw at Snape's chest.

"What did you see, my lord?" Snape asked when Voldemort opened his eyes.

"Severus, why is Harry Potter currently resting in your private quarters in Hogwarts."

"What?" was the last question Snape asked himself before darkness enveloped him.

Chapter End Notes:
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this madness?