Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 1
Severus stood in the front of the class, glaring as usual.

“Idiot bunch of nimbiciles, what did he think he was doing?” Severus thought to himself.

As he stalked around the wreckage ravaging his classroom, he began to take stock. It looked as if twelve of the seventeen cauldrons had exploded, including his own cauldron. Why had he agreed to sub for Horace he would never know. He had a feeling when he agreed that something would go bad for the three days he would be in charge of his old department, Potions.

While he knew who the real culprit was, the explosion had started with one of his most loathed students, Harry Potter. He had seen the student who was responsible for this drop the ingredient into Potter’s cauldron, Crabbe. While he was sure that Crabbe was more than a bit touched in the head and not smart enough to know that it would cause such an explosion his partner, Draco had.

“Come to think of it. Draco probably told him to do and the idiotic bloke followed his command.” But he didn’t care about who was the mastermind behind the plan because this just gave him another reason to be able to make fun of Potter once again.

“Mr. Potter, Severus coldly stated. What do you think you were doing when you put that ingredient into your poorly made potion?”

“Sir, err Professor, I-err-don’t know what happened. It just exploded.” Harry sputtered out.

Walking in the most menacing way he could on account of so much potions everywhere. He loomed over Potter, and leaning down over the table until his hair gently brushed Potter’s face.

“Detention, Mr. Potter, double in fact, for lying along with wasting so many valuable potions ingredients and now my time.”

Turning his head sharply, but not straightening up, he whipped his hair across Harry’s face and began to address the rest of the class.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Harry stood there not moving he began to panic inside, “Oh, bloody hell! MOVE ALREADY! I need to breath!”

He resigned himself to the fact that he was going to have to breath at one point or another and opened his mouth to breath and was disgusted to find that if he opened up his mouth the hair would fall in.

“It is going to stink, I am probably going to die of poison. I wish I could tell my friends one last goodbye….”

He closed his eyes, which was good because he was starting to see black dots from not breathing and inhaled in one small breath.

“What the bloody hell?!” Harry thought. Professor Snape, the greasy git of the dungeons, had hair that smelled of lilies.

He wasn’t allowed to think anymore of that as he realized that Snape has turned and was addressing him once again. Not knowing what was said he replied, “What did you say sir?”

“Eight o’clock sharp tonight, you nitwit. Pay attention!”

Harry put his chin down, trying to stay quiet as anger was raging through his soul. It wasn’t his fault that the potions had blown up; he hadn’t even been by his cauldron. In fact, he had been by Hermione trying to figure out why hers had turned a putrid brown color instead of the green his had been.

As the class ended and the students filed out and formed their small groups as always Harry, Hermione and Ron gathered together.

That was a right crummy thing that he did. DOUBLE detention. I’m sorry mate.” Ron told him shaking his head.

Hermione tightly replied, “Well it’s not as bad as it could have been. Harry’s potion could have hurt us all!”

Harry and Ron stopped, staring at Hermione, “What’s your game?! Are you still mad that my potion was better than yours?” In response, Hermione just pushed her chin up, huffed and stalked away as Ron and Harry stood there bewildered and a bit amused.