Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Severus Cries

Dark clouds had filled the sky and the man in dark black robes was drinking, trying to forget. How could he have killed her. He had told that Monster about the prophecy. It was because of him the love of his life was dead, and her child orphaned. He was a monster! For the first time in years wet hot tears dripped down his face. Everyone was celebrating but here he was crying alone, drunk, over his lost love. Halloween was never the same.

Years later the man sat alone, he had no more tears left to cry. He had cried so long over the past that they where gone. Tears didn't drip down the face, just a sad look in normally unemotional eyes. The feast was going on but he had went to the kitchen. He was in no mood to celebrate.

He was walking to his chambers with the food, when he bumped into something small. It felt smaller then your normal first year. He slowly looked down and saw it. The boy that haunted his dreams and had the eyes that filled him with guilt. "Why are you not at the feast Mr. Potter?"

The small child looked down at the ground breaking their eye contact. "Hagrid told me my parents died on Halloween. I don't feel right celebrating my parents death...sir."

Severus frowned at the small, raven haired boy. "You still have to eat, you're far too skinny, follow me."

The boy obeyed and the two walked quietly.

The man led the child to his office, thinking it would be better than taking the boy to his chambers. He set the food down and noticed the boy's shoulders were shaking. He bent down and saw it, cold tears trickling down a small face.

"Why are you crying child?" he said softly, shocking himself.

Harry started to rub his eyes. "No-no reason. It-it's just no one has ever been so nice to me!" Harry busted into sobs and Severus felt a pain in his heart. It was his fault, he had caused the boy to lose his parents. He wrapped his long arms around the body and pulled the boy closer. And the two cried over the loss they shared. The loss of a mother and the loss of a friend.