Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so this chapter was up a little while ago, but for some reason it wouldn't appear. Sorry about that.
A Bad Beginning

The clopping of the horse's hooves outside the carriage was the only noise that could be heard on the still night. Bellatrix and Snape sat inside the moving carriage, headed for Rejection Manor, a wedding gift to Severus from Lord Voldemort. Inside the carriage, Bellatrix was kissing Snape passionately.

"I love you," she murmured, running her fingers through his hair. She kissed him over and over, barely coming up for air. Snape fought the urge to be sick as the potion stained fingers on his right hand listlessly rubbed the new ring on his left. He was married. He was a husband. His stomach churned.

This situation was surreal. It was not a situation he had ever wanted, nor had he expected, to be in. He put a hand out to grab her shoulder, but the carriage stopped abruptly and his hand landed on her chest. Somewhere he very much did not want it to be. Bellatrix gave him a sly look and hopped out of the carriage. With a nearly inaudible sigh, Severus followed.

 A house elf popped into the parlor just as they entered.

"If Masters Snapes will follow me, please, i will be showing them around the manor." Bellatrix sneered.

"Show us to the master bedroom, elf." The elf nodded obediently.

"My name, it is being-" The elf began, but Bellatrix pulled out her wand.

"Crucio!" The little elf moaned. "You shall not speak unless spoken to. Your name, you think I care what your name is? You are the house elf, and you shall answer to such." Snape put a hand on Bellatrix's arm.

"Bella." Bellatrix sighed and removed the Crucio.

"Show us to the master bedroom, Elf, and don't make me repeat myself." The little elf trembled and led the way. Once they entered the bedroom the elf left with a sharp pop. Bella looked around the room and cooed. A very large window, stretching from floor to celing, was half covered by large black drapes. The celing was ten feet above them, arching inwards, and an elegant crystal chandelier hung from the very center. The bed was large and elegant, with a canopy of dark velvet surrounding. Two doors were on either side of the bed, one leading to a large closet, the other to a large bathroom with a claw footed tub. Snape crossed over to the window and looked out, to a beautiful view of the manor grounds. It was an impressive place. A soft click caused Snape to turn. Bellatrix had shut the door to the hall. She walked slowly over to Snape, a small smile on her face.

"Best shut those drapes, Severus," She whispered. With a yank, the heavy black curtains concealed the view outside. "Your wife needs you." With a soft laugh, she dragged Severus to the bed. Severus stifled a scream of frustration.

I HATE my job.