Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey people! Thanks so much for reading so far. Please don't hesitate to constructively criticize! Also, if there's something you'd like to see, go ahead and contact me with your ideas. I'll see if i can fit it in somewhere. Ciao Ciao all, Enjoy!
Voldemort's Demand

When Snape awoke the next morning Bellatrix was already gone, to where he didn't know. He stumbled to the bathroom, which was already fully stocked with everything the newlyweds could need. Shampoo, towels, toothbrushes, toothpaste... frankly it was amazing how well Lord Voldemort had had the place prepared. As Snape stepped into the shower he sighed, letting the hot water wash away his irritation, only to have it creep back moments later. How the hell had he gotten into this mess? Why on earth had he thought that this would be a good idea?

'Even for Lily, this is going a bit far, isn't it, Sevvy?'

"NO!" Severus yelled, then growled in irritation. Arguing with the voices inside his head again. He must be going mad. Combine that with the fact that he had married the insufferable Bellatrix Black to protect Potter, well he must be out of his mind, for certain. He closed his eyes and let the hot water stream over his face, thinking back to the very beginning, what had caused all this mess.


A few weeks earlier, at a deatheater meeting

"...And so, my Lord, those are Dumbledore's newest plans. He has not yet told me plans for the future, but those will undoubtedly come in time." Severus stood in the middle of a room, facing Lord Voldemort. He was reporting to Lord Voldemort and the rest of the death eaters Dumbledore's latest plans. Oh the joys of being Dumbledore's spy.

"Very good, Severus," Voldemort hissed, stroking Nagini's flat head as he spoke. "Your information has been most helpful." Severus nodded and took a seat in a chair on the side of the room, along with the other deatheaters. Voldemort rose.

"My most loyal followers," He began, "the time will soon come when Harry Potter is slain, and we once more rule. When this time comes, you will each be rewarded for your efforts. Each of you should aspire to being as Severus, who has been one of my best agents." He sat again, and the deatheaters rose, bowing, then shuffling to leave. Severus rose too, but at Voldemorts word stayed behind.

"You wanted to see me, my lord?" Severus asked.

"Indeed. Over the course of the years you have been extremely useful, Severus. And yet I have given nothing to you in return." Snape immediately raised his guard. When the dark lord spoke this way, trouble was bound to follow.

"My lord, serving you is all the return I desire," Severus murmured. Voldemort smiled wanly.

"Indeed. However, I would like to grant you a gift. You are getting old, as am I. And yet you have no one to stand by your side. Bellatrix Black has shown interest in you. She is nearly as useful as you, Severus. Were you to respond with interest, it would unite two of my most useful followers. I trust you understand." Snape nodded. He understood all too well. Pursue Bellatrix, and gain more of the dark lord's favor. Refuse, and he would cease to become important.

"I shall carefully consider what you have told me." Snape responded.

"Do not tarry too long, Severus. The heart of a woman is fickle." In other words: time is running out. Severus nodded again, bowed, and left the room. He quickly walked out of the house, pulled off his mask and dissapparated into Hogsmead. The mask in his hand was sent to his home on Spinners end before someone saw. Those who stared at him recieved disdainful sneers as the potions master made his way to hogwarts to report to Dumbledore.

Chapter End Notes:
I'm sorry if Voldemort was a little out of character... JK didn't really mention deatheater meetings. I tried my best... don't be too harsh on me please! And also, i'm really sorry, this was validated while i was in the middle of this chapter, so to all you who were confused... my mistake, i apologise!