Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

The Manor

By the time Severus emerged from his musings the water had gotten cold. He stepped out and quickly got dressed, knowing that wherever Bellatrix had gone, it would most likely not keep her much longer. His bare feet sunk into the soft carpet of the room. His stomach moaned at him. All of a sudden the house elf popped in next to him. It didn't say a word. Snape gestured impatiently for it to speak.


"Good morning, Potions Master Snape. Mistress Bellatrix told me to tell you she is running errands, and will be back at noon. Is there anything I may bring you?" Snape glanced at the clock on the bedside table. 11:30.

"No. I will wait until Bellatrix returns and we will take lunch then. In the meantime, I require a tour of the house." The elf bowed.

"Yes Master Snape. If you will follows me, please." It flinched, realizing Snape had not asked it to speak. It looked up at him.

"Well?" Snape asked irritably. Stupid Bellatrix, making the elves so afraid. How did she expect them to do their jobs if they were scared out of their wits? The elf led him out of the room and into the long hall. There were many doors lining the hallway, and the elf showed them all to him, all the while saying nothing. Snape sighed. "If this is your idea of a tour, its a poor one. Tell me what the rooms are for."

"Yes, Master Snape. Most rooms on this floor are spare rooms." It pointed to a door in the celing above them. "That lead to attic, sir." It led Snape down some stairs to the main floor. There was the main door, leading outside, with two doors on one side of the main staircase and two on the other. "First door on left leads to kitchen, sir. Second door on left lead to dining hall. First door on right lead to library. Second door on right lead to dungeon. Sir Dark Lord had it put in especially for Master Snape." Snape walked over to it.

"Show me." The elf nodded. The door opened to reveal stone stairs leading down to a dark room. Snape pulled out his wand. "Lumos." The room was lit with a bright light. Wall to wall shelves contained potions ingredients of all shapes and sizes. On one of the walls was a bookshelf containing various books on potions and ingredients. Snape walked over to look at them. Copies of things he had, then some rare ones he didn't. He made a mental note to copy down a list of the books he didnt have, and get someone to copy the contents. Eight cauldrons sat in a corner, with another on a tripod in the center of the room. A long desk carved from stone was beside it. For all the ingredients neccessary to brew whatever potion he was making, presumably. On the desk was an empty scroll and a quill in an inkwell. Snape looked around with awe. The dark lord must be pleased.

"Is it to Master Snape's likings?" The elf asked timidly. Snape nodded.

"Yes. Very good. I wish to be left alone. When Bellatrix returns inform her of where I am." The elf left with a pop. Snape walked over to the desk. Pulling out the large heavy drawer he noticed more quills and empty scrolls. Snape pushed the stone drawer closed again. He grabbed a scroll and enchanted it to write down every word he said. Pushing his hair back he walked over to the bookshelf.

'Alphabetical order. Very nice.'

"Write this down." The quill scribbled frantically as Snape dictated the titles of his new books. It was there that Bellatrix found him when she returned at noon.

Chapter End Notes:
Write me a review