Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Story Notes:
This is for the the Unknown Brother Challenge by Mellow Moon and it will have a cross over with James Bond in later chapters. Don't worry about that to much.

This is not a story for fans of Lily Potter because for this story to work she is a bit of a bad guy.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter all Rights go to J.K. Rowling
Chapter 1
Harry sat on his bed at the Dursley’s looking through the old journals of his mother’s that Remus had sent him for his Birthday. Harry looked over at his presents and sighed this year Ron and Hermione had not sent him anything, at the end of last year Draco and his father had come to him seeking protection from the Dark Lord who had just been reborn. Ron and Hermione who were with him started to shout abuse at the two men before Harry could say anything, Harry only snapped out of his shocked state when he heard Hermione say the first syllables of the Reducto curse. Using his seeker reflexes he caught her wand and ripped it from her hand before she could curse the two blonds. Harry quickly hurried them away from his now seething friends.

Later that night Dumbledore told everyone in the Great Hall that the Malfoy’s were now under the protection of himself and Harry and they were not to be harmed. Hermione and Ron had not spoken to him after that until the last day of school on the train, when Hermione came up to him and gave him an ultimatum.

“It is either them or us Potter, if you chose to keep supporting the Malfoy’s then you will not have our friendship. You are not invited to the Borrows this year just so you know.” She ended with before turning around and flicking her hair over her shoulder. When he got off the train he was surprise when Mr and Mrs Weasley –or Molly and Arthur as they had been requested to be called- still hugged him and asked how his year had been. It appeared that the only Weasley that shared Ron and Hermione’s opinion was Ginny and that was because Lucius had given her the diary in her first year.

Even though Molly and Arthur had sent an invitation to stay with them along with his Birthday cards he had sent back a not to politely decline. Instead he would be spending the second part of his summer with Severus. He and Severus had buried the hatchet just after his name had been pulled out of the goblet the year before. Severus had found him collapsed outside the potion classroom one night when Ron and the others in his dorm had been making his life unbearable after a long night of talking they realised that they were not that different from one another and Severus had become one of the people he could rely on most. He had been found out as a spy thanks to a certain rat so he was unable to go back to Voldemort meaning he and Harry could be seen together in public which was one of the reasons that Dumbledore had said yes to him spending the summer with Severus.

That year he had been given a book on pranks from Sirius, homemade fudge and cakes from Molly and Arthur. Hagrid had sent him that years COMC book and some homemade rock cakes. Severus had sent him a photo album with photos of his parents from their Hogwarts years. However the best gift that year had come from Remus, he had sent Harry his mother’s journals which she had given Remus to look after before she and James went into hiding. She had made Remus promise to give them to Harry on his fifteenth Birthday and not before.

It was now four days after his birthday and the day before Severus arrived he had reached the middle of the second journal which documented his mother’s fifth year at Hogwarts. He had been surprised to find out that she had started dating someone at the beginning of fifth year however she had yet to mention a name. He had gotten to the prat just after her 16th birthday in January when he turned the page and found a sealed envelope with his name on the front in green ink. Before he read on he picked up the envelope and read the content by the time he was finished the letter had fallen from his numb figures. He picked it up and re-read it not able to believe what he had just read.


My Dearest Harry
I hope that you read this letter before continuing on with my journal, I want you to know that no matter what I still loved you and your father however while I loved James I did care for another. I started to date Severus Snape in September he is the mysterious man that I have mentioned. I noticed I started to feel sick in the beginning of February so I went and saw Madam Pomfrey. She told me I was nearly two months pregnant and due in the middle of August. I knew that the baby had to be Severus’s so I bound Poppy to a healer’s oath so that not even the Headmaster knew. Just after the OWL’s I used the Imperius curse on Severus while James was hanging him upside down, I got him to call me a Mudblood which gave me the perfect excuse to break up with him. This was cruel but I do not regret it, I must admit that I never intended to stay with Severus but if he had known that the baby existed then he would have ensured that we married. I gave birth as Poppy said in the middle of August, my family had moved from Spinners end so I did not have to worry about bumping into Severus. As soon as the baby was born I gave him away, I did not even name him, my parents were furious that I had not told Severus about his son. If you wish to go and find your brother then go ahead however I would not tell Severus about him because it will surely cause him a lot of problem. There is more information about my pregnancy in the Journal. Please do not think badly of me for I did only what I had to do.
All my love your Mother Lily


Harry read the next few pages of the journal which showed his mother’s pregnancy and how she wanted to get rid of the baby but abortions were frowned upon in the Wizarding world. When he got to the point the Baby’s birth there was a picture of a child with black hair. Even at a few hours old it was easy to tell that the baby was Severus’s child.
Harry sat on his bed numb with no idea that to think now, his mother who had seemed so sweet and good hearted had just become cold and unfeeling in his eyes, with the way she spoke of not only Severus but the baby she carried. Harry closed the journal and lay down before he silently cried himself to sleep, knowing that he would tell Severus of his son no matter what the outcome.

~~~HMB~~~

Harry woke the next morning to the sound of his aunt banging on the door demanding that he get up and makes breakfast. After he had made a full English for his relatives and his uncle had left for work he cornered his aunt and asked about his half-brother.

“In a way I wish you had never found out.” Petunia sighed while pouring herself tea and offering Harry a cup. “I had hoped you would get to keep the image of the woman you were told my sister was. Most people assume it was because of her being a witch that I fell out with my sister, however the true reason was that I could not stand how heartless she was toward Severus and Her son. I was the only one to hold that child. I do not know what happened to him after she gave him up I wish I did but the only thing I can tell you is that he was given to an orphanage named St. Gabriel’s. Harry promise me you will tell Severus about his son” Petunia ended. Harry nodded before going up to his room.

At midday the doorbell rang, a moment later his aunt shouted up the stairs for him. When he entered the living room his heart sank when he realised that he was going to have to give new to the man before him which could quite possible shatter his world and make everything he thought true become a lie. Severus Snape had arrived.
Chapter End Notes:
Well that is the first chapter of my new story, updates will not be that often as I am working on something right now which is on another site. Hope you enjoy and comments are always welcomed