Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry it has taken me so long to update guys I have been doing exams at college so I have been studying. Thank you for being patient with me. The cross-over comes in for the first time this Chapter.
Chapter 3

Severus and Harry stood side by side in the Headmasters office, Lucius and Draco stood to his side while Remus, Fred and George stood by Harry's side. Albus stood before them with a beaming smile on his face, he was silently thanking Merlin that his boys had found the family they both desired so much. Albus had just started the words to the adoption right when the Floo flared and out stepped Sirius Black everyone in the room froze knowing that this would not end well. Sirius immediately looked between Severus and Harry before starting forward towards the two, before he could draw his wand on Severus however Harry stepped in front of the man blocking Sirius's way.

"Sirius what are you doing here" Harry asked trying to sound nonchalant.

"I found a letter from this twat addressed to Remus, imagine my surprise when I find out it was to a secret ceremony involving Snivellus and my God-Son. Harry how could you marry such a…" before he could finish the sentence he was cut off by the Twins and Remus who were doubled over laughing while Harry and Severus looked alarmed and mildly disturbed.

"Merlin Sirius I may be gay but I would not marry Severus ever, it would be like marrying my father! The ceremony mentioned in the letter is an adoption ceremony." Harry told him still trying to shake the disgust he felt at the thought of marrying Severus.

"What!" Sirius screeched "Why would you want to be adopted by by him. It is bad enough that you have betrayed the wizarding world by being Gay but you also have to betray your parents by allowing a death eater to adopt you! How will you betray the world next maybe declaring your undying love for Voldemort?!" Sirius yelled grabbing a hold of Harry's shirt and shaking him a little. Everyone stared at Sirius unable to believe what the man had just said however before anyone could say anything back Harry's magic lashed out and sent the man flying to the other side of the room.

"HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH A THING? IS IT NOT BAD ENOUGH THAT THE WIZARDING EXPECTS ME TO BE THE PERFECT LITTLE HERO WHO MARRIES A PRETTY WITCH AND HAD THREE KIDS BEFORE BECOMING AN AUROR? LET ME TELL YOU I WANT A FAMILY, A FATHER WHO LOVES ME AND I WANT TO MARRY SOMEONE WHO LOVES ME FOR ME NOT FOR THE BOY WHO LIVED. AS FOR MY PARENTS AT THIS MINUET IN TIME I HOPE THAT THEY ARE TURNING IN THEIR GRAVES!" Harry yelled by the end tears were rolling down his face, he felt completely betrayed by one of the people he thought he could trust.

Severus crossed the room and pulled the young man into his arms making soothing noises trying to get the young man to calm down.

"How can you say such a thing about James and Lily, James was the kindest bloke who ever lived and Lily was the most honourable woman who I ever met, it is unfortunate that you did not inherit any of their best qualities" Sirius sneered at the boy before him.

"If James was kind then he would not have bullied Severus along with anyone else he took a dislike to and if Lily was so honourable then she would not have left a baby in an orphanage at two days old without even telling the father that the child existed." Harry said in a cold tone that made everyone in the room flinch and Severus realise how deeply his parents betrayal had cut Harry.

"How do you know about James pranking Severus?" Sirius asked.

"Severus showed me the memories of some of the incidents last year when I asked why he hated my father so much" Harry answered in a monotone voice, before Sirius could say anything else Dumbledore, Remus and Lucius managed to get him out of the door. Once he was out of the door Harry collapsed onto a chair and Draco and the twins tried to
cheer him up.

The four men came back fifteen minutes later before anyone could say anything the twins and Draco were motioned to leave the room, the men baring Severus followed after the teens. Severus crouched down so he was on the same level as Harry who was still sitting.

"Are you sure that they you want me to adopt you because that is the kind of reaction you are going to be faced with for the rest of the world who would rather you be put to death than be adopted by a death eater. I need you to be sure" Severus said looking at the figure before him.

"I'm sure, the only reason I reacted the way that I did was because he is my god-father and I hoped that he would like to see me happy. Also how many times do I need to say you are an ex-death eater?" Harry said the last part in a very stern voice causing the man before him to laugh.

After a moment more of talking Severus walked to the door and motioned the others back into the room. Albus stood before the men and smiled before he started the ritual. Severus began the vows he had to speak and Harry had to except.

"With my body I swear to protect you
With my mind I swear to teach you
With my strength I swear to heal you
With my soul I swear to guide you
With my heart I swear to love you" Severus said meaning every word that he spoke, Harry had become as important to him as his own son would be and he hoped secretly that his birth son would one day become just as important.

Harry smiled at him before saying his part
"I swear to take the protection you will give.
I swear to listen to the lessons that you teach
I swear to go you when I need help to heal.
I swear to follow the guidance that you give
I swear that the love you give will always be returned"

Harry finished and Albus put the contract down before Severus and Harry. Severus signed his name before handing the paper to Harry who signed his new name. Harry James Severus Potter Snape, but he would be referred to as Harry Snape.

The scroll rolled up and disappeared into the ministry archives, Severus hugged the boy next to him as everyone in the room burst into applause. Once the ceremony was finished they went down into the great hall to eat the feast the elves had laid out at the head table.

~~~HMB~~~

The next day Severus and Harry went about how to find his brother, the first thing that they would do was go to St. Gabriel's orphanage to see if they could find anything out about the boy and if he was adopted and if then by who. If the information was private then a little magic goes a long way. With that in mind the men packed up and headed for their destination.

When they arrived outside the orphanage they found a modern building that had obviously been refurbished recently, inside the picket fence there were children of all ages playing happily. Harry and Severus walked up the path and went inside towards the office. Inside was a woman who looked to be about sixty, she reminded Harry of Minerva a women who would mother you but have a no nonsense attitude.

"May I help you gentlemen" She asked.

"Well ma'am I hope that you may be able to help me" Severus said before telling her about Lily, the pregnancy and how he and Harry were desperate to find the boy.

"You are lucky I am a sucker for a sob story and that the boy you are looking for said that if the man from the picture that was tucked into his baby blanket ever showed up I could give him the information. The child came in with a woman claiming to be in maternal aunt, he had no name except the surname of Evans. We named him Alexander, it became apparent that he was intelligent, incredibly so by the age of two he could read and by the age of four he could build god knows what. When he was six a man going by the name Bill Tanner came to the office saying he had heard about Alexander and wished to adopt him. We went through the proper channels and Alexander was adopted on the 15th of August 19 1991 his seventh birthday. The child comes back here every now and then, he should be coming for a visit within the next few days actually, if you leave an address I will let him know you visited." The woman told them. Before Severus could do so however a rucks outside drew their attention, the children were shouting and squealing in an excited manor. A deep laugh drifted into the office as someone walked up to the door, without a knock the door was opened and someone entered.

The person who came in was a young man, between eighteen and twenty one by Severus's estimation. A pale complexion, with high cheek bones, jet black hair that looked like it would lay straight if it ever saw a comb, about six feet tall yet very slender as if he needed a good few meals. Then only thing about his appearance that could be considered off putting were the black sparkling eyes.

"You always did know when you were needed Alexander." The woman behind them said causing Severus and Harry to gasp.

 
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you guys like it and I hope you are all okay with the cross-over.

Next Chapter Alexander, Severus and Harry talk, then Sev and Harry meet some people Alexander knows. Until then bye for now.