Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

In Disguise
Stupid Albus and his stupid ideas, Severus cursed inside his head. He vowed to himself that he would get back at the old man for this. Spiking his lemon drops with chili powder would be fun. Or, cutting off his beard sounded like a sound revenge. Or, turning all Albus' robes black might do. Or, if Severus-

WHACK!

Damn it! Another freaky snowball hit him! Severus was sure it was Potter this time. Next Potions class he was going to give the brat so many detentions that Potter wouldn't get out of the castle until spring!

Severus tried not to scowl which turned out to be much harder than he would anticipated. But of course, nobody could see Neville Longbottom scowling, could they? Severus hoped that Longbottom didn't usually indulge in snow wars, because Severus absolutely refused to touch the snow more than strictly necessary.

Being in Longbottom's body was really very infuriating. As infuriating as the boy himself. Severus hated being so much smaller and chubby. And the teeth were all wrong. How did the boy prevent himself from biting his tongue and insides of his cheeks?

And most of all he hated Longbottom's stupid friends, Potter, Weasley, Thomas, and Finnigan, who didn't have anything better to do than throwing snowballs at each other. What the hell was wrong with simply walking to Hogsmeade?

"What's wrong, Nev?" Potter asked, stopping his incessant running around for a minute.

"Er... nothing, H- Harry." Severus answered – good thing he was impersonating an idiot – thinking furiously, "I... I just like warm weather better. Plants growing and all that."

"You and your plants, Nev," Potter laughed, and squeezed Severus' shoulder. "Okay, I'll tell the boys to lay off."

Unbelievable, Severus thought, fighting the urge to brush off his shoulder to get rid of Potter's germs, was Potter acting considerate? Has hell frozen over?

Then he shook his head, clearing his thoughts. Severus had to concentrate on the task Albus had assigned him to – from within, ensuring safety of the students visiting Hogsmeade.

Chapter End Notes:
Review? Please?