Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 3

Voldemort was not a very happy man. In all honesty, nobody with an ounce of sanity left could ever have called him happy, but at this precise moment he was less that happy.

Voldemort was furious.

10 years ago, he was banished by a mere baby, living in spirit form until his faithful servant Wormtail found him a few years later.

Together, they had created an ambush for the latest DADA teacher- Quirinus Quirrell.

And so the duo made their way back to Hogwarts, with the story of an adverse meeting with vampires in Albania firmly implanted in his mind.

But now, as he sat at the head table, overlooking the great hall, Voldemort noticed something amiss...

The Potter boy was no longer a Potter...but a Snape.

How dare he, Severus Snape, his most loyal servant, leave his servitude in order to raise his mortal enemy! Did the coward not understand, once a deatheater, always a deatheater!

He would get his revenge, and when he did...why, poor Severus would be begging for mercy.

With a malicious laugh, He turned his attention back to the sorting, evil plans fforming in  the back of his mind...

---------page break--------

 Severus sat at the head table, proudly looking on as his son was sorted. Not many parents got this honour, and he was immensly grateful for it.

"Snape, Harry" called out Mcgonagall, as his boy climbed up the steps and onto the platform.

The room fell silent, all anticipating what house the boy-who-lived would be in. The minutes dragged on and on, until finally the hat cried out "GRYFFINDOR!"

The table at the far end of the hall erupted into a splendor of scarlet and gold as Harry rushed over to join them.

Severus, although a bit downheartend that the boy he classed as his son wasn't in his house, was no less happier for Harry as he watched the child go into the safe hands of Mcgonagall.

 -----------Page break ------------

Harry climbed uo the steps leading to the platform, and anxiously allowed the hat to be placed on his head.

Although Severus had sat him down earlier, and explained that it didn't matter where the hat placed him, he would be no less proud of Harry if he was in Slytherin or Gryffindor.

"I see potential here for good, but also cunning and the powers of self-preservation. There is a loyalty here that I do not see in many of your comrades.....but also a thirst for knowledge that cannot be quenched. But alas, where can I put you! Where will you thrive, without threat or hinderance, with others that will help you do the things you must. You are one difficult young wizard Mister Potter- or rather Snape as it is now- but whilst I do believe Slytherin would help you on your way to greatness...BETTER BE GRYFFINDOR!"

Heaving a sigh of relief, Harry made his way to the furthest table, the largest grin on his face. A single look to the head table showed that despite being an ibecillic gryffindor, Severus was still proud of him.

And that's all that mattered to him right there, right then. 

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you have enjoyed this chapter, read and review!
Next, we see Him begin to put his plan into action, and a rather hectic first week for Harry....