Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Author's Chapter Notes:
OK I think I got all of those errors. I also made some changes. Anyway, enjoy the story!
I Tried

'I can't take this anymore!' Harry thought angrily. 'I should be happy that Voldemort's gone, but I can't.Remus, Tonks, Fred, Sirius are dead because of this war, because of me. Snape and so many more were almost dead because of me. I've lost my best friends because of this war. Ron and the other Weaseleys hate me because of Fred's death. Hermione hates me because Ron broke up with her for still being friends with me."

Harry got up and walked up to the slowly simmering cauldron to check up on his potion. "Shame I can't do this in class." Harry thought bitterly. "I would have gave Malfoy a run for his money.' Noticing that the potion became the correct color, Harry turned the heat off and poured the contents into a vial.Going to sit on the bed he looked at the vial thoughtfully. Does he really want to do this? Does he really want to take his own life? Yes he does. Whether it was the Dursleys, Voldemort, or the Prophet, someone did something to make his life a living hell. With that last though he laid down and downed the potion. Closing my eyes for the last time I heard someone frantically call my name. "Leave me be," he said softly. "Let me finally be happy." With that said he gave into the darkness..

Severus P.O.V

Severus walked down the corridor to Potter's room to check on him. The only reason why Potter had his own room was because he did not want to stay in the infirmary and did not want to return to Griffyndor tower. I felt the need to check on the boy seeing as he was depressed after all that happened. I had to let him know that what happened was not his fault.. I've seen the way the Weaseleys and Granger girl looked at him.. When I came up to his door, I knocked. When no one answered I turned to leave, but a bad feeling came over me.Always one to trust my instincts. I turned the knob to the boys door, preparing my self for the worst. But even then, I was ready to see a half dead Potter lying on his bead, half dead.

Rushing over to him,Severus picked up Harry's wrist and began searching. Finding what he was looking for, Severus sighed in relief. After sending a patronus to Poppy, he took the vial out of the boy's hand and looked to see what he took. "Dear Merlin Potter!" he yelled "You tried to kill yourself!" Pulling a beozar out of his many robe pockets, he put it into the boy's mouth and rubbed his throat to make him swallow. Checking his pulse once more, Severus picked him up, noticing in the back of his head how light his is. While running down the hall The only thing he could this was "I was almost to late. Harry I and so many others have failed you."

Harry's P.O.V

Harry woke up to the blinding lights of the infirmary. 'Wait a minuet,' he thought 'Did I wake up, or does heaven look eerily like Hogwarts infirmary?' Checking to see if he had a pulse, which he did, I groaned and say. "I can't believe it. I'm still alive.

"You are called the Boy-Who-Lived for nothing."

A voice said "And that is one of the many reasons why I want to be dead." After saying that he quickly put on his glasses and to see who he just babbled to.

Wincing from the sudden movement, his eyes widen in surprise after seeing no one other than Professor Snape sitting next to his bed with a weird look in his eye.

His surprise must have shown on my face because Snape's face quickly became a sneer. "See something you like?" Snape said sarcastically.

"No sir, I was just surprised to see you here, that's all."

"Well since I'm the only one other than Poppy who knows about you little... incident I stayed here to make sure you don't relapse."

"Where is Madame Pomphery, sir?" Harry asked

"She had to leave on important business." Snape answered curtly

"Well thanks for staying, I guess." Harry said as he slowly sat up wincing from the pain. As he took in what Snape told him, Harry realized that Snape was the only one who could have taken him here. T

urning to Snape as slowly as possible,Harry asked "I was you who brought me here wasn't it sir?"

"Yes I was" Snape answered shortly

"Thanks I guess." Harry said looking at Snape. Looking at his face, Harry noticed Snape had that look on his face again. After a while Harry realized what it was. It couldn't be concern, could it?

"Potter we have something important to talk about." Snape said with a weird tone.

Knowing exactly what was coming next Harry said, "What, sir?" he said innocently

Suddenly angry, Snape stood up and yelled "You know damn well what I mean."

Surprised at his cursing and sudden anger Harry froze. His surprised quickly turned in to anger when he yelled. "Oh, you want to know why I tried to kill myself? It's because I'm sick of it. ALL of it. Of all of the fifteen years I have been alive, no one have evr told me they love me. I have never been held when I cried. I never had a true friend. No one gives a crap about me. The Weaseleys and Hermione hates me, Dumbledore only used me as a pawn, and you only see me as James Potter's son. People have almost died because of me. People has DIED because of me. So let me asked you this, would you still want to be alive?" harry yelled panting and wincing in pain.

"No I would not." Snape said to Harry's surprise. "But I still wouldn't try to kill myself You don't think I know what your going through? In case you forgot, I was a spy for the Dark Lord. I have seen thing you have never seen, done things you can never bear to do. Yet you heard of me trying to commit suicide. And yes I did see you as James Potter son at one point. But, now I see you as James and Lily Potter son." "Yet you act like an ass to me in class" "Look at who I had in my class. I had Death Eater children in my class. I had to act like I hated you in order to retain my job as a spy."

"Oh." Harry said as he took in what Snape said.

Snape took a long, calculating look at Harry before saying, "Pot-Harry, I'll make a deal with you. Come and live with me for the summer and let me prove to you that you are wanted. If you still don't believe me you can leave and do whatever you like. So do we have a deal?" Harry gave Snape a long look before he realized how many times Snape saved his life, and how much he gave up for him. Deciding on his answer Harry looked Snape straight in the eye and said "Deal"

To be continued...
Chapter End Notes:
So how was that? Please tell me if you like it. If anyone is willing to be my beta please let me know.