Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here

"You're expected in class. I don't care that you want to skip class! It's not happening. Mr. Potter, you will grow up immediately and attend class." Severus crossed his arms and glared at Harry, who matched Severus' stance in every ounce of ferocity.

"Draco doesn't have to go," Harry argued defiantly.

"Draco has half the wizarding world out to kill him!" Severus shouted back.

"What? And I don't?" Harry shot back.

"You are currently under Albus Dumbledore's protection, behind the safest wards in all of England. Draco is not. The situations are not the same, and the case is closed. You are attending classes."

"Dumbledore wants me dead," Harry said, slouching back down on the couch. "I'm not safe with Dumbledore."

"It's Professor Dumbledore," Severus admonished. Harry jumped back to his feet.

"I'm not leaving these quarters! You said stay. I'm staying!"

"Harry," Draco tried pulling the teen away from the Potions Master, trying to defuse the situation. Harry yanked his arm away from Draco's grasp.

"Go stand in the corner!" Severus shouted at Harry as he dramatically pointed in the opposite direction. Harry's mouth fell open and he was silent. Draco smirked triumphantly.

"But - but - " Harry finally stammered.

"Go!" Severus insisted.

"I'm not a toddler!" Harry protested, as he stood shell shocked in the same place.

"Really, now," Severus drawled, "I never would have guessed considering the argument you were giving me."

"Don't treat me like a baby!" Harry continued.

"Then stop acting like one!" Severus shot back. Harry just stood there gaping. He couldn't believe what he was just told. "What are you waiting for?"

"You... you're serious?" Harry didn't know how he should be feeling right now. This was a dream. This had to be a dream.

"Do I look like I'm joking?" Severus scoffed. Harry shook his head and when Severus took a determined step towards Harry, Harry scrambled away and towards the specified corner.

"I'm going! I'm going!"

It was a good thing that all three of them were feeling better and well rested, or Severus thought he would have snapped. But they had woken up and they all had felt like new people.

Harry couldn't believe he was standing in the corner. He couldn't help the large lump in his throat or the burning in his eyes. Why did it always have to be him? Why did everything happen to him? Draco never got treated like a toddler. Harry's head hit the wall with a audible thud. Draco looked at the Harry's back and then looked over at Professor Snape.

"How long are you going to make him stand there?"

"Five minutes, assuming he cooperates," Severus said, loudly enough that Harry could hear. Harry's shoulders tensed as he struggled to control himself. "Mr. Potter!" Severus suddenly addressed him. "Your thoughts are as plain as day. Draco, tell him about the time you got sent to the corner at my hand."

"What?" Draco screamed, horrified. "What did I do?!"

"Oh, just tell him."

"Um…okay," Draco agreed reluctantly. He went over to Harry and leaned against the wall as he tried to think of how to begin. Harry waited, curious.

"Well," Draco began, "back in third year I got into an argument with him and it didn't go so well - so when I started acting like a little kid, he sent me to the corner. Worst part - it was in front of all of Slytherin." Harry suppressed a laugh. "It was humiliating!" As much as Harry needed that little laugh, his smile slowly left his face.

"And what am I suppose to do now?" Harry sounded so dejected.

"Go to class," Severus answered. "You may leave the corner." Harry turned to face the room and he and Draco exchanged looks.

"I don't want to leave," Harry confessed.

"Leave what? The corner?" Severus asked, confused.

"No, your chambers," Harry clarified. Severus rolled his eyes.

"You realize you are coming back after classes, don't you?" he asked. "Now go get ready." Draco and Harry looked at each other once more and then Harry grabbed his school bag and left the room. Severus turned to Draco as he grabbed his signature cloak.

"I will get your work for you and bring it to you during lunch. Stay out of trouble." Draco nodded mutely and Severus turned and walked out of his chambers.


Severus settled into his seat at the Great Hall for lunch. The morning classes seemed to have gone well enough. He nodded to Minerva, but ignored everyone else who had already arrived. Minerva handed him a bowl of mashed potatoes, which he accepted and dished himself some. Severus dished himself the rest of his food, and began to scan the crowd of students for a certain black haired menace. It didn't take him long to spot Harry at the Gryffindor table with the Weasley boy and the Granger girl. Severus continued to eat as he watched the three of them interact. They seemed quieter than usual, but he certainly wasn't going to complain about a reprieve of the Gryffindor brashness. Harry seemed to be answering questions in between bites of his own food.

Draco should have been eating his own food in Severus' chambers. Severus had dropped off Draco's lessons a few minutes previous and had seen to it that the elves had brought him something. Thankfully, Draco didn't seem too intent on venturing out of the chambers, which eased Severus' mind a bit. One adventurous ward was more than enough for him.


"So are you really staying with Snape?" Ron asked.

"It's just safer that way," Harry said eating his mashed potatoes.

"How is it safer that the Common room?"

"Ron leave it," Hermione reprimanded. "After everything that's happened, maybe he doesn't feel safe there I wouldn't."

"Whatever," Ron dismissed. Harry couldn't believe how much he missed his friends. As much as he wanted to stay in the safety confines of his Professor's chambers, he was happy to be with his friends.

"You guys can always come visit," Harry volunteered quickly. Then, "Well, maybe ask Snape first, I suppose. But I'd like it if you came."

"Of course we will," Hermione smiled. "Won't we, Ron?"

"Yeah, of course," Ron echoed. Any plans of visiting were forgotten when the doors of the Great Hall slammed open. Everyone looked up to see what had caused such a commotion.

"Well, well, lookie lookie," Bellatrix sang out. "All the itiy bitty babies." After a few seconds of shock wore off, teachers and students alike began to scramble. More than a few people screamed or swore loudly. Dumbledore rose slowly and addressed the increasing group of dark clothed intruders.

"What do you want?" he demanded. Severus didn't hardly wait for an answer, though he was careful to listen. He rose and began to leave by means of a faculty door.

"We're hear for him!" Bellatrix screamed as she pointed at Severus' disappearing form. "And for the Malfoy scion!" Severus didn't wait any longer and left the scene unfolding behind him.

"Bella," Dumbledore said calmly, "I hope you realize that neither of those demands are likely to be met."

"On the contrary, old man," Bella sang back, "I think we are likely to succeed. Search the school!" Her minions spread systematically through the panicking crowd.

"You will not touch my students!" Minerva shouted, her accent showing though, as she stepped forward to defend her Gryffindors. The Death Eaters paused momentarily and weighed their options.


Severus ran through the deserted halls of Hogwarts, frantic to reach his chambers before the Death Eaters realized that Draco was not to be found in the Great Hall. Severus rushed into his chambers, surprising Draco who was sitting on the couch working on his Potions' essay.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, looking at Severus.

"We need to leave. Now." Draco frantically looked around.

"Where's Harry?"

"We have to leave with out Potter."

"I'm not leaving here without him." Severus walked over to Draco in two strides and gripped his shoulders.

"Death Eaters have came into this school. They are looking for you and they want me. We. Have. To. Go." Draco looked down. He knew Snape was right. They had to leave the school.

"He'll think we've abandon him," Draco mumbled as he was being pushed towards the fireplace by Severus.

"I'll come back for him when everything settles, but not now," Severus said, throwing the powder. "Spinner's End," he called out and he watched Draco disappear. A moment later, he followed. Perhaps it was his imagination, but Severus thought he heard his chamber door give way just as he disappeared into the floo.

Quickly, Severus grabbed Draco's wrist.

"What?" Draco panicked, though he didn't fight Severus, a sign of his trust in the man.

"They will naturally check Spinner's End as soon as they realize we're no longer at Hogwarts," Severus replied. "We need to find somewhere they won't anticipate. Away from wizards." Severus paused and looked thoughtful for a moment, closing his eyes. Then, suddenly, his eyes snapped open and he pulled Draco close. They disapparated as the floo flared behind him. This time, it certainly wasn't his imagination.


The Golden Trio made their way out of the Great Hall with only a few curses and jinx cast.

"I have to get down to the dungeons," Harry stated.

"Are you out of your mind?" Ron exclaimed.

"Harry, you can't," Hermione begged. "They're not after you, not this time. Let's go to the common room. Please, Harry."

"I can't," Harry pulled away from Ron and Hermione. "Professor Snape wanted me to go back there after dinner. I have to go. What if he's waiting for me to join him there?" Hermione reached out for Harry's arm.

"Harry please."

"I'll be fine," Harry said pulling away again. This time he turned and headed for the dungeons. As soon as Harry was out of sight, he began to sprint down the hallways until he reached Snape's chambers. The door was ajar. Cautiously, Harry tiptoed around the door, opening it slightly.

"Professor?" he called softly. The room was dark, but as soon as he spoke, he realized his mistake. Two figures, almost completely disguised by the darkness, grabbed his arms. He began to scream and struggle, but it was useless.

"It's Potter," one man's voice said.

"Really?" Bellatrix replied, sounding genuinely surprised. She came over and lit her wand, illuminating her face and Harry's. She looked him over. "Indeed it is. Perhaps our mission hasn't been as much a failure as we thought. I'm sure the Dark Lord will be extremely satisfied to know that Harry Potter is his own now."


The two of them materialized on the doorstep of a very normal Muggle house. It was plain, like every house around it. The only thing that distinguished it from the other houses was the number next to the door. It read the numeral four.

"Where are we?" Draco asked nervously.

"Number Four Private Drive," Severus sighed.