Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 2

'Dad?' Harry shouted down the stairs 'Where are we going to sleep?'

'Find your manners and move your behind here if you want an answer!' his father shouted back, sounding annoyed. Harry groaned and went down the stairs to find his father in the kitchen, cooking dinner.

'So? Where will we sleep?'

'I believe Arthur has acquired a tent to accommodate all males and another for the girls.'

Harry tried to choke down his laughter as he asked 'You will sleep with all the Weasleys in one tent?'

Snape turned around and looked at him surprised 'Me?'

'Yes, you.'

'I am not coming, Harry.'

Harry blinked at him, as surprised as his father was 'But... why? You gave me two tickets!'

'Yes, one is for Miss Granger, the other for you.' Snape said naturally 'Didn't you look at them? They are both for children.'

Harry gaped at him 'You won't be there?'

'Harry, how in the world would I explain my presence there? I am nothing more than your teacher to the public.'

'But...' Harry started, looking thoroughly disappointed 'I thought we were going together...'

'You and Miss Granger will be guests at the Weasleys and stay there with them. Of course I expect you to be on your best behaviour. As I paid for your girlfriend...'

'Hermione's not my girlfriend!' Harry protested, turning red.

Snape waved his hand as if it was beside the point 'You will have fun, I am sure.'

'But you love Quidditch.' Harry whined 'You should go too.'

'Harry, really it's alright.' Snape said nonplussed and turned to the food he was preparing 'I will use the time to further my research with Aurora. She does not care for Quidditch all that much...'

Harry scowled at his back and then spat 'Oh, of course, you will spend time with Aurora.'

With that he turned around and stomped back up to his room, ignoring his father's shout of 'Harry!' and threw himself onto his bed in anger. A short time later, he heard footsteps coming up the stairs and toyed with the idea of closing the door. But his father was already striding into the room and Harry had turned away from him. Severus sat down on the bed and put his hand on Harry's head. Angry as he was, Harry shook his head violently until he was free of the hand. Severus then put his hand beside Harry and putting his weight on it, leaned down.

'Are you jealous?'

Harry huffed loudly.

'Do you want me to stop researching with her?'

'Will you?' Harry mumbled angrily.

'No.'

'Then why do you ask?' he said, sitting up and facing his father.

'Because I want to know what you want.'

'To do the opposite then?'

'Tell me.'

'No!' Harry lay down again, fuming with anger.

'Harry, I have repeatedly told you there is no romantic relationship between me and Aurora. And there will not be one either.'

'And you are not attracted to her?' Harry asked, sure about the answer.

'I will not deny that she is an attractive woman in many aspects.'

Harry made a face at that, but Severus thankfully couldn't see 'So you could one day fall in love with her.'

'I believe I have enough control over myself that, even if that should happen, I will be able to resist temptation.' Severus sounded like he was holding himself back from being sarcastic with great effort. 'Why is that so important to you suddenly? You wanted me to make advances on her and now you want the opposite.'

Harry shrugged. Ever since he had had the nightmare at Fisher's Lodge, he wanted his father all to himself. He didn't know why. Maybe he felt like time was running out. The hand returned to its proper place on top of Harry's head and this time it remained. Severus leaned down, settling his weight heavily on Harry to annoy him a bit.

'Guess what we'll have for dinner?'

Harry shrugged again, shifting to throw his father off his back 'Not those disgusting vegetables again.'

'Maybe.' Severus said 'But you will need to come and see for yourself.'

'You really think this is exciting enough to make me come down? You were better at this once.'

Severus laughed, leaning back and combed Harry's hair back 'You need your nutrients. But you can scowl at me all through dinner.'

'Seems fair.'

It was the disgusting vegetables, which only made Harry scowl more than he had planned to.


On the day of the trip to the World Cup Harry was getting ready to floo, when his father entered the room.

'You're leaving?' he asked surprised, Harry glanced at the clock, he was a bit early but not too much.

'Yeah.'

'You weren't going to say goodbye?'

Harry shrugged.

'Are you still angry with me about Aurora?'

Harry shook his head and Severus scowled.

'A verbal answer, Mr. Potter.'

Harry rolled his eyes and received a light cuff over his head for it 'No I am not angry and I love you very much. Do a get a kiss goodbye now?'

'Try again without that tone. Last chance.' Severus said, sounding quite annoyed by now.

'I just didn't think about saying goodbye.' Harry offered 'Sorry.'

Severus waved him to his side and gave him a one armed hug. Harry wanted to free himself and reach for the floo powder, but Severus extracted revenge for his sarcastic tone before. He gave Harry a loud smooch on the cheek, which made Harry turn red in record time.

'Dad!' he protested, embarrassed.

'You deserved that for your cheek.' Snape said, grinning at the double meaning, when Harry groaned 'And don't forget, when you come back we still have analysing of our research to do.'

'You could analyse while I'm gone.' Harry said hopefully, positioning himself in the grate.

'You wish.' Snape commented, crossing his arms lightly in front of his chest 'And don't believe I will accept the state your homework is in. The moment you come back-'

'The Burrow!' Harry interrupted, flooing away to cut off the lecture, Snape scowled.

'Brat!'


When Harry entered the Burrow, he was met by a grinning Ron 'Finally mate!'

'I'm early!' Harry laughed, giving him a brotherly hug and then being engulfed by Hermione's arms 'Oi!'

'Harry!' she said, letting go and grinning up at him 'I've missed you!'

Harry smiled at her and said 'Missed you too' then noticing Ron's expression added 'Both of you.'

'Oh it was so nice of your Dad to buy the ticket for me. My parents said to say thank you and give you this.' she extended an envelope and Harry opened it, finding money.

'Oh! I don't think my father will like this...'

'My parents absolutely insisted!' Hermione said, evidently repeating the words her parents had said 'You have to take it.'

'Err ok.' Harry said, putting the money in his bag 'My Dad's just been strange lately.'

'Strange how?' Hermione asked and led them out.

'Dunno, he spends loads of time with Professor Sinistra.'

Ron grinned at that and let his eyebrows dance in a suggestive manner, which made both his friends laugh.

'Yeah... But he says its only research.'

'But that's what you wanted, no?' Hermione asked 'You said so yourself.'

Harry shrugged 'I have to tell you something. When I stayed with my godfathers...'

'Harry!' interrupted, Harry turned around and smiled, when Molly Weasley hugged him tightly 'When did you come?'

'Just a moment ago, Mrs. Weasley. And thanks for letting me stay...'

'Don't mention it, Harry dear!' she said, looking him over with expert eyes 'Severus has been taking care of you, you've grown. You're not nearly as thin as last year and the year before that – heaven forbid, you were starving!'

Harry blushed at that and gave a shy smile 'He's been really good, yes.'

'I wish he could've come too.' Mrs. Weasley mused looking into the distance 'He seemed really beat up about it too... Was the kind of father-son thing he would like to do with you.'

Harry blinked and then his smile turned soft. So his father had wanted to come with him and really just couldn't. After that Harry left with Hermione and Ron to go sit in the garden and talk about their summers until now. Harry recounted his dream, leaving out the embarrassing part, that his father had come to comfort him for it.

'That's so scary.' Hermione whispered 'What does your dad say about it, does he think it's real?'

'He said he doesn't think it's a dream and he wants to teach me... Okkluktik or something?'

'Occlumentik, the Art of disciplining your mind. If you do it right you can close it from attack.'

'Attack? How would someone attack your mind?' Harry asking, thinking of mindreading

'Legilimency, the Art of entering someone's mind. It's actually quite common in the healing arts, for example to reach someone, who is catatonic...'

'You can read minds?' Harry asked incredulously, he would never stop being amazed by magic...

'Yeah, it's far rarer to find someone, who can close their minds. I believe the headmaster can.' Hermione said

'And my dad.' Harry said proudly, smiling.

'Yeah, your dad's great.' Hermione smiled back 'Do you know how we're going to get to the World Cup?'

Ron leaned forward to look at her and answered 'We're sharing a portkey with the Diggorys.'

'A Portkey!' Hermione said excited

'What's a porkey?' Harry asked, feeling stupid between the two of them 'And who's Diggory?'

'Diggory is that Hufflepuff seeker, you know the one who caught the snitch even though you were falling to your death last year.' Ron said bitterly, still angry about having lost that game.

'A portkey is a means of transport, it's similar to apparation but it can take a group of people, whereas apparation transports as many people as the apparating wizard can transport. And with a portkey you cover a longer distance as well.'

'Ugh I hate apparating.' Harry said and Ron nodded

'Oh! I'd like to apparate.' Hermione said eagerly 'You have to have physical contact for side-along, right?'

'Well yeah, my dad says the greater the contact the easier it is to apparate.' Harry said casually and earned confused looks from his friends.

'Never heard that before, Dad always makes us hold his arm or something.'

'Yeah, I haven't read anything about it either.' Hermione added, Harry stared at them.

'He tricked me!' Harry said and then grinned 'He just wanted to hug me, the sly little...'

Ron laughed outright at that and Hermione smiled.

'Well, if you ever want to try apparating you can go with my dad.' Harry offered Hermione 'Lets see if he will hug you too to keep up with his story.'

Hermione blushed furiously, which made Ron and Harry look curiously at each other.


Hermione got her first taste of apparating the next day, when they used the portkey to get to the World Cup. She didn't seem to appreciate it much. Or maybe it was the fact that Ron asked his father about hugging when apparating and Arthur confirmed there was no such thing as a need for that 'Well, when I was in school the older boys liked to say it to their younger girlfriends so they could cop a feel.'

'Arthur!' Molly had said scandalized

'What?' he asked innocently 'They mostly got a slap for their effort though.'

Their little group made it to the tents and the Weasleys bickered about lighting the fire magically or the muggle way. Ron, Harry and Hermione went to get some water, while the boys couldn't stop annoying Hermione about hugging and apparating, enjoying to see her blush. Hermione got a little payback, when Harry sloshed half his water down his front while trying to wave at Cho Chang.

The day of the game itself they were thrilled to be sitting in the top box alongside the minister and (less thrilled) the Malfoys. Ron and Harry made complete fools of themselves while trying to impress the Veelas and missed Draco being held prisoner by his parents hands a row behind them. The game went fantastically and Harry enjoyed every second of it. He was particularly thrilled at Krum's catch and the Wronski feint – he would so love to try that one out! Back in the tent they could hardly sleep for their excitement, but where so tired that they dropped off as soon as they hit their pillows.

Harry was awake from one moment to another and looked around confused at the loud voices he was hearing.

'Wazzat?' Ron murmured, half asleep as Mrs. Weasley entered their tent.

'Boys, get up and dressed immediately!' she said in a panic 'Leave your bags but don't forget your wands. Percy, your father asked for you, there is a commotion outside. Hurry!'

With that all of them got busy and were outside in a matter of minutes. The girls were already standing there freezing.

Mrs. Weasley counted their heads and sighed, she clamped one hand onto Ginny and said 'George, Fred, you are responsible for these three. Go into the woods and stay together. I'll apparate you one on one back to the Burrow.'

They nodded seriously and led the three friends to the woods, they didn't look back as they heard a faint popping sound. But as they were advancing to the woods Harry saw a tuft of blond hair and a grin.

'Malfoy!' he hissed and stood still to get a better look. Hermione and Ron, who had heard him, looked back too. But as he tried to advance on him, they both took his arms.

'There's no time, Harry!' Hermione hissed 'We need to stay with- oh!'

They had lost the twins! Ron looked around, even screamed for them but then suggested 'Lets just get into the woods, Mum'll find us eventually.'

They nodded and stood just inside the trees, when Malfoy came into view, looking smug.

'Enjoying the show, Weasley, Potter, Granger?'

They spun to him and glared 'What are you talking about?'

Malfoy pointed at a few figures extended into the air, slowly revolving 'Someone's playing a game with Muggle toys.'

They watched in horror as they realized that it was a woman and her children hovering in mid-air and being turned upside down to reveal their underwear.

'That's sick!' Ron spat 'Bet your old dad is one of those perverts.'

'Well, that's neither here nor there.' Malfoy said easily 'But you guys shouldn't be alone without mummy and daddys – especially with her around.'

Hermione narrowed her eyes at him 'I thought my fist explained to you that I can take care of myself last year. Do you need a reminder?'

Harry and Ron looked impressed at her comeback and Malfoy looked simply furious. He decided to just sneer and turn back.

'Git.' Ron said and then grinned at his friend 'Good one, Hermione.'

She smiled at him 'Lets see if we can find the twins.'

She illuminated her wand and Ron copied her, which was when Harry realized 'My wands gone!'

'What?!'

'Well stay close to us', Hermione said and led them deeper into the forest until they reached a clearing. They had just settled down, when a dark voice boomed

'Mors Mordere!'

All three of them flinched and looked around but all they could make out was a green, misty skull with a snake weaving itself around it. And in the next instant they were surrounded by ministry workers shooting stunners at them. Harry had had the presence of mind to pull his friends down to the ground.

'Stop it! They're children. That's my son!', Mr. Weasley's voice erupted shrilly and a moment later he had pulled them up to their feet and hidden them behind himself.

'They were found at the scene of the crime!'

'Crime?' Harry asked hushed 'What crime?'

'It's the Dark Mark, Harry, His Mark!'

Harry's jaw dropped open and he looked up again.

'It wasn't them, Barty, see reason. They are children.'

'There was a voice. Someone said an incantation.' Harry said

'A man.' Ron supplied 'In the woods'

'A likely story' Crouch sneered

'Priori Incantatem' Mr. Weasely said 'If you don't believe them.'

The other aurors looked suspicious until a few of them spread out to find evidence.

'I lost my wand earlier, Mr. Weasley' Harry confided 'That's why we went so far into the woods, we were trying to get away from those masked men.'

Ron's father nodded at the same time as one of his co-workers emerged with a stunned house-elf, carrying a wand. The following interrogation was so ruthless that Hermione interrupted the adults several times to console the wailing elf. She was still set free and the wand returned to Harry, now sporting 'Mors Mordere' as the last hex to have left it. Harry felt like someone had dirtied it and by extension himself. Mr. Weasley took them as fast as he could back to the oubounds of the wards around the Burrow and they hiked up to it.


When they reached at the Burrow, they walked right into a full blown fight.

'I DIDN'T DO IT ON PURPOSE!' Mrs. Weasley screamed at Snape, while tears where streaming down her face. Snape had his hands in his hair and looked as mad as Sirius had in the Shrieking Shack. The newcomers gaped at the pair, who turned around to them. Mrs. Weasley let out a screech and ran for her son, pulling Ron to her chest firmly and sobbing. Snape stared at Harry with an open mouth as if he couldn't believe his eyes. Harry walked up to him and touched his arm.

'Dad?'

Snape's face looked white at closer inspection, his eyes strangely widened in shock. Snape suddenly took Harry's face in between his hands and stared at him intensely. Harry flinched at that and then looked confused.

'What do I call you to annoy you?' he asked neutrally, Harry blinked and then glanced at his friends, who were in earshot, and blushed.

'Why are you asking?'

'Answer me!'

Harry gulped and then whispered 'Pumpkin head.'

Snape let out a relieved breath and pulled him into a hug, sagging against him. Harry struggled to keep them upright, but soon Snape collected himself and murmured 'Sorry.' Harry could feel the warm pendant against his cheek, which his father had taken out from underneath his robes for some reason.

'Its alright.' Harry said, glancing beseechingly through his father's arms at his friends, who shrugged helplessly. Ron went for his father who soon came back from the house, plucking Snape away from Harry with assurances 'He's alright, Severus, really. Nothing happened.'

They had just entered the house, when Snape strode to Mrs. Weasley and brusquely said 'I'm sorry Molly.'

She blinked up at him, her eyes still watery 'Oh... Don't! Severus, I'm so sorry, too. It was just... I can understand really. With seven children, how could I not?'

He nodded and then announced 'Harry and I will be leaving now.'

'Now?' Harry asked incredulously 'But...!'

He stopped, when he received a fierce look from his father 'Go pack up your things, I'm sure Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger will be glad to assist. Arthur if I may have a word?'

With that both fathers left for the kitchen, leaving the children with a Molly Weasley fighting for control over her emotions.

When the children came back down, Snape nodded at Harry to say his goodbyes. Once he turned away from Hermione, to everybody's surprise, Snape walked up to her and asked:

'Are you alright, Miss Granger?'

Hermione stared at him for a moment, before she snapped out of it, blushed and then said 'Oh! Yes, sir. I'm perfectly fine, no one was hurt.'

'That is not what I meant. But I am glad you are unhurt.'

Hermione glanced up at him and gave him a shy smile. The boys in the family looked completely confused; while Ginny sent Hermione a sympathetic look and Mrs. Weasley immediately hugged her.

'Oh of course! Your parents are not here, my dear.' she said comfortingly, Hermione returned the hug but said 'It's alright Mrs. Weasley, we were never in any danger and no one got hurt...'

'It was still scary and here I am fussing over my children! I'm so sorry, dear.' Mrs. Weasley patted Hermione's reddened cheek, who looked a bit unhappy with all the attention she was getting. Meanwhile Harry had made his round and was waiting by the floo. Snape told him to take his things and floo away. Once he was gone, Snape turned seriously to the Weasleys 'He will stay with me during the rest of the summer. I would appreciate it if you... supported my decision.'

The children again looked confused but Molly nodded at him and said 'Of course, Severus.'


Once Severus had followed his son and found him comfortably ensconced in a sofa with a new edition of 'In the cauldron' in his hand, most of his tension drained away.

'Harry, I want to hear your side of the story.' he sat down and looked at him expectantly. Harry looked up from the magazine surprised and said 'You heard from Mr. Weasley.'

'I did.' Snape admitted 'But he was not there for parts of the story.'

'Oh yeah!' Harry remembered 'Well we left for the woods, when the commotion began but got separated from the twins. It was just us three, but there were other adults running away from the campsite. So we thought we'd just wait it out. But then there was Malfoy – I mean Draco – and he said some stuff that sounded a lot like his dad was one of those who levitated the Muggles...'

'I'm sure he was.' Severus said with great disliked but gestured for him to continue.

'Yeah, so after he left again, I realized I had lost my wand.' at his fathers horror-struck look he hastened to add 'I have it back again! Well, it was like this, we walked around a bit, trying to find the twins, when we heard movement and before anyone knew someone had cast this green thing into the air. There were real terrified screams now and panic, we didn't get it. And then there were Ministry people throwing stunning hexes at us and Mr. Weasley saved our necks. That house-elf Winky took my wand and they accused her of conjuring Voldemort's sign.'

'Don't!' Snape hissed 'Don't say his name.'

'Why?' Harry frowned

'Don't argue, just say something else, anything else, I don't mind.' Snape said sternly 'Well it couldn't have been the elf.'

'No, it was a man's voice and I don't think she could've done it even if she knew how and wanted to.'

'No, indeed, she would not be able to.' Snape said looking into the distance 'A man's voice... But most Death Eaters were men... Then again, all former Death Eaters at the cup were gathered around the muggles. Who was it then, who cast the Dark Mark...? My enemy's enemy...'

Harry stared at his rambling father and then asked 'But what does it mean, why was it such a big deal? Mr. Weasley tried to explain but...'

'It was the tiding of great horror... It usually meant that someone had died. You remember the way you felt about the Grim? Compare it to that, only you would know exactly what to expect once you entered your home. The sight of the mark alone can make people faint in fear.'

Harry stared at his father and his gaze flicked, just for a second, to his marked left forearm. As if burned by that glance, his father quickly put his hand above the place, even though he was already wearing a long-sleeved shirt.

'I think I get it...' Harry began, when the floo flared.

'Severus!' it was Lupin 'Severus!'

'Yes, yes I'm here.' Snape answered, going down to his knees in front of Lupin's face.

'Where's Harry? He's...?'

'Here, safe and well.' Snape hastened to assure and earned a relieved sigh 'Do you want to see him?'

'Yes, please. Can he just come here for a... Ah!'

Harry had come to kneel beside his father and saw the relief spread on his unofficial godfather's face. The other one soon pulled him back and appeared in the flames.

'You're fine! Thank Merlin! When we saw the headlines...' Sirius breathed and Harry smiled at him.

'I'm fine, no one was really hurt as far as I know.'

'No one from the Weasley family.' Snape corrected 'We do not know about any... -body else.'

Harry knew he had wanted to say something else but had caught himself in the last moment.

'Well the prophet reports no confirmed deaths yet but if Arthur didn't say anything I guess...'

'Yes, I think the evening prophet will bring definite news, but we can hope for the best.'

'Dad, can I go back to bed?' Harry yawned, he had been ripped from his sleep in the middle of the night to run from the Death Eaters, add to that all the excitement from the world cup and he had been tired out.

'Take a nap on the couch.' his father advised, as he glanced at the clock. It was already breakfast time. Harry nodded and made himself comfortable while Snape turned back to the flames.

'Lock the wards around your home.' Sirius said seriously 'It's still a week until school starts... Harry had wanted to stay with the Weasleys...'

'You can invite them.' Sirius suggested

'All of them?' Snape said, looking scandalized 'Where do you think I could put them, in my non-existent basement?'

Sirius rolled his eyes 'Only Hermione?'

'A girl sleeping over at the age of fourteen might not be the most brilliant idea you had Black.'

Sirius grinned and seemed to be reminiscing for a while 'Ah, how about both of them, Ron and Hermione?'

'Harry's room is quite small...' Snape murmured

'Oh... only Ron then?'

'Miss Granger is staying at the Weasleys, now that Harry is here it doesn't seem fair to take her other best friend away as well.'

'You are a difficult person.'

'I am a parent.' Snape said annoyed 'No other kids.'

'I could come stay with you?' Sirius suggested 'It would be fun! And Remus has found a job, so he's gone most of the time anyway.'

'Congratulate him for me. Alright, pack your things and come through this evening.'

Sirius whooped and vanished from the flames. Great, he'd have to have the mutt around for a whole week. Severus stood up, his joints protesting from the kneeling position and looked at Harry, sleeping curled up on the couch. At least he'd had the sense to take off his glasses, Snape thought, when he accioed a blanket over. He draped it over his son's form and ruffled his hair, before he whispered 'You plan on giving me a heart attack, don't you?'

He thought back to the moments of terror, when Ginerva had flooed him and told him there had been an attack at the World Cup. The distress while he waited for Molly to apparate in with the twins, only to tell him that they had lost his son and that it was Death Eaters roaming the woods… None of them could go back in because anti-apparition wards had been locked around the place.

He had felt faint with worry. If they found Harry... It was a thousand times worse than with Black, who had been a single murderer on the loose. The unbelievable shock and relief, when Harry materialized with his friends and Arthur was staggering. It was so unreal after his worry that he'd had to check if this really was his son or not. His heart still beat with remembered worry as he bent and lightly kissed the side of Harry's head and saw him cuddle closer into his blanket at that. Time for breakfast.


Severus woke up to sudden noise outside and lazily stood up to peer out of the window. He groaned, when he saw Harry with a big black dog, playing in the back yard. He opened the window and stuck his head out. Harry was laughing freely while Black licked his face 'Stop it Schnuffles! That's disgusting.'

Snape watched for a while, then shouted down 'Instead of making that infernal racket you two could actually make breakfast!'

Harry looked up and waved at him before leading the dog inside. Black had been just as annoying as expected, getting ideas into Harry's head and making as much trouble as he possibly could. It was the first time he was glad he didn't have a lab in his home, that he could have destroyed.

When he came down both his charges were setting the table.

'Ah, daddy's down.' Sirius grinned, the mutt had taken to calling him 'Daddy', which annoyed him to no end.

'Just be quiet.' he hissed at him and sat down to the breakfast spread in front of him 'Who made this?'

Sirius indicated Harry with a thumb over his shoulder 'I helped.'

Severus rolled his eyes 'Really Black, not even breakfast?'

'I'm learning.' Black muttered and sat down. Having been catered at from a house elf almost all his life had left Sirius lacking in a few basic skills. Harry, having been a house elf for most his life, was teaching him. Harry joined them with a cheery 'Good morning' to his father and a cup of coffee.

'Well that smells like heaven.' Snape sighed as he drank his coffee 'Good job with breakfast, Harry.'

Harry smiled at him and Sirius pouted 'I did help, you know!'

'You did great, Sirius.' Harry praised him the way one would praise a five year old for putting on his own clothes.

Sirius pouted and then tucked in 'This is great. I will never stop wondering about your skills, Harry.'

Harry smiled and Severus looked up to see if there was any resentment lingering, but Harry only looked a little proud.

'Can you make time for a bit of analysing, Harry?' Snape said and Harry looked up with a pout.

'Oh, I wanted to spend some time with Sirius, I won't see him during the school year and my trip to Fisher's Lodge was cut short...'

'Actually that wasn't a question.' Snape murmured, then glancing at the look on Black's face – since when did those puppy dog eyes affect him anyway? – he relented 'Very well, but don't think I'll do it for you, you little menace.'

Harry whooped anyway and grinned 'You're the best!'

He then proceeded to give Sirius a high five and Snape rolled his eyes. It was too easy to make that child happy, but fulfilling nonetheless...


Chapter End Notes:
So, chapter two guys! What do you think? The hugging when apparating thing I had planned out from the beginning and wanted to put it in in the first story, but somehow it never came up - well, I've finally found a way to say it now :D I know, for now there hasn't been much conflict yet but its going to come, don't worry ;)

I was thinking about making some kind of forum or discussion thread or something if you guys like that idea - what do you think? I even toyed with inviting you guys to my skype account, so we could have a chat after I post a new chapter...

as for comments:

SnowAngel99: Thanks! Was really nice to hear you liked the summary, I'm insecure about those, I change them up every once in a while because I feel like its just not right! The confusion about the first line: It was supposed to make you stumble - so, great that I achieved that! Snape is sitting at Aurora's desk, so that's where it comes from.

mandancie: Ahh, you are so sweet! I hope you enjoyed this one too

takingitinstride: Haha! Don't we all hope to see some cuddles in Severitus stories. I am certainly guilty of that.

ravenfett: Thanks so much! I feel its very important to stay true to the characters but also portray how changed circumstances can change the character

Kyra173: Oh, you're making me blush... You guys are amazing with all those lovely reviews!

Chantilly's Mom: vielen dank! :)

Kendra Dhyanna: sweety, i have started to translate your comments by google translator because you are so faithful and I just can't take not understanding what you write :)

Estel Ashlee Snape: thanks, hope you enjoyed this one as well

Violetta: here you go ;)

AbsoluteReader1995: That was the whole idea of the preview, sweety ;) And I'm not going to stop either! Yes, I am evil :D

Next chapter preview:

'Harry, you are being exceedingly childish. Stop this at once!' Snape said annoyed

'Yes, sir.'

This time, it was Snape who growled. He came up to Harry and roughly pulled him out of his chair. When Harry still refused to look at him, he shook the boy once, twice, a third time.

'Harry!'