Potions and Snitches
Snape and Harry Gen Fanfiction Archive

Chapter 19: Things Never Change

Disclaimer: I do not own Supernatural


A special thanks to The Lonely God With a Box for beta'ing my story. :)


A/N: Here is chapter 19. Enjoy! :)


Chapter 19


Remus came down the stairs when he heard the front door close. He saw Severus standing at the doorway. He could hear Harry and Sirius in the other room.

“Keeping your distance, Severus?” Remus asked, walking up towards him.

“Just giving Harry some time with his dogfather,” Severus answered.

“You know,” Remus walked over to Severus and put his hand on his shoulder. “If this is going to work and you two need to get along for Harry. The insults are going to have to stop.”

Severus looked at Remus.

“Come on,” Remus moved Severus closer towards the door. “You've hidden long enough. It's time to get down to business.”

“Yeah,” Severus drawled. “This should be loads of fun.”

________0000________0000________0000_______0000_______0000________0000_____000_____

Sirius pulled Harry from the embrace and held him out at arms length.

“So how are you, really?” Sirius asked.

“I'm fine, now,” Harry smiled. He couldn't believe he was with his godfather. Earlier, he was so worried where his professor was going to bring him, but being here was just great.

Severus and Remus entered the room and the mood quickly changed. Sirius turned and faced Severus and moved Harry to stand behind him.

“Sirius,” Harry sounded worried. “What's wrong?”

“Stay behind me, pup,” Sirius said. “He won't have a chance to hurt you.”

Severus sighed and rolled his eyes. Remus walked over to Sirius.

“Sirius,” Remus said. “Would you just calm down?”

“No,” Sirius' anger was rising. Right now, he didn't know who he was more angry with Severus for taking Harry away or Remus for acting like he didn't care.

Harry stepped out from behind Sirius. He looked at his godfather trying to see what was wrong.

“Sirius,” Harry brow creased. “What's the matter?”

“Harry,” Sirius said gripping Harry's shoulders. Because of the anger that Sirius felt he didn't know how hard he was gripping and Harry winced in pain from the grab. This infuriated Sirius more. Sirius looked up at Severus.

“What did you do to my godson, Snivellus?” Sirius fumed.

“Nothing,” Severus drawled out.

“He didn't hurt me, but you are.” Harry said trying to lighten the mood in the room. He was trying to smile through the grimace of the pain in his shoulder but it wasn't working well.

Severus could see the pain in Harry. He walked over towards them. He was reaching out for Harry but the quick reflexes of Sirius caused more damage than he was planning. Sirius, still having his grip on Harry's sore shoulder, yank poor Harry behind him again so that Severus couldn't touch him. Harry yelped in pain.

“Sirius,” Remus admonished. He pulled Harry away from his godfather.

“What did you do to Harry?” Sirius yelled at Severus.

“Nothing. But I can't say the same about you,” Severus tried to walk over towards Remus and Harry, but Sirius stood in the way. “Move dog.”

“You will not harm Harry.”

“I have no intention of harming Harry, but you're so blind that you can't see the only one hurting Harry now, is you.”

Severus stood next to Harry.

“I'm warning you Snivellus,” Sirius warned. “You touch my godson, it will be the last thing you do.”

Severus wasn't paying Sirius any attention. Severus walked over to Harry. He turned him away from Remus and looked at the child. Before Severus could even open his mouth to ask Harry something, there was a flash of light and Severus fell against Harry.

Severus' face etched in pain, leaning against Harry as they both fall to the floor. Harry, not even noticing anything but his potions professor in front of him goes down with Severus with true fear in his eyes. Remus completely shocked at what just happened.

“I warned you,” Sirius said. Anger laced his voice as he walked over to the heap on the floor. “Come Harry,” Sirius held out his hand to reach for Harry.

“Stay away from me,” Harry screamed his eyes still on his professor. Severus' head was on Harry's unhurt shoulder. He had his arms wrapped around his professor. He wasn't going to let anyone else hurt his professor. His cheek leaning on Severus' forehead.

“I think you better leave, Sirius,” Remus' anger matched what Harry was feeling.

“How can you side with him?” Sirius yelled at Remus. “It's just Snape.”

Harry cringed, tightening his hold on his professor when he heard the pure disdain and hatred come from his godfather's mouth.

“All he's going to do his hurt Harry,” Sirius argued.

“The only one that has hurt Harry is YOU!” Remus was screaming when he finished. “Severus did not ONCE provoke you. He came here for a favor. Which is something that we owe him from what we put him through during school.”

Sirius looked at his friend. He looked into his eyes and knew that Remus was angry with him. His eyes weren't the usual brown. During his rant, his eyes changed to a dark amber, which meant his anger was waking up the wolf inside of him. Sirius anger forgotten, he knew he would have to calm his friend down, but now really looking at the scene in front of him; his godson clutching hold to his school time nemesis in the most of protective states. And his best mate standing in between them who's anger was calling on the wolf inside him.

“It would be best,” Remus' voice was low with a small growling undertone. “If you left from this room. We will talk later.”

Sirius truly looking well chastised looked down at his godson and saw that he wasn't even looking at him.

“Harry,” Sirius voice finally lost his anger. “Harry, look at me.”

“Leave us alone,” Harry whispered out, holding Severus tightly against his chest.

Sirius stepped back as if he was hit. He couldn't help the pang of jealousy that he was feeling seeing Harry trying to either seek comfort or receive comfort from his enemy.

“Just wait in the hallway,” Remus said.

Remus watched his friend leave dejectedly as if his tail was between his legs. He shook his head at his friend. One day Sirius is going to have to control that temper of his before more people will get hurt.

Once the door closed, Remus turned to Harry and knelt down next to him.

“What's wrong with him?” Harry asked in a slight panic. “Why won't he wake up?”

“I don't know,” Remus answered. “Why don't we take him into the parlor? We can lay him on the couch.”

Remus went to reach for him and saw that Harry tightened his hold.

“Harry, I promise I will not hurt him, but we need to get him off the floor.”

Harry looked up at his former professor and gave a small nod. Remus felt that after what Sirius did hexing Severus in the back, it figured it would be a better idea if he let Harry know everything he was going to do with Severus when he pulled out his wand.

“Harry, listen to me,” Remus voice was low and soothing. He didn't want to upset Harry anymore than he was already. “I am going to levitate Severus and take him to the parlor, okay?”

Harry nodded. Remus pulled out his wand and slowly levitated the potions professor. Remus was met with resistance when Harry refused to let go. He went to stand behind Harry. He leaned over an lowly whispered in his ear.

“Harry, you must let go,” Harry shook his head. “Harry, I promise I will not hurt him. But we must get him out off of the floor.”

Very slowly, Harry let loose his grip on Severus and stepped away. Remus stood up and pointed his wand at Severus and muttered the levitation spell. Very slowly and easily, he lifted Severus off the floor and they walked out of the room with Severus' unconscious form floating behind them. Once they got out of the room, Remus noted that Sirius was not in the hall anymore. Harry didn't notice or didn't even presume to care about his godfather. The only thing on his mind was Severus. When they got in the parlor, Remus, very slowly and carefully, lowered Severus on the couch. No sooner did Severus touch the couch was Harry at his side. He walked over to Harry and put his hand on the boy's shoulder but there was no reaction.

“I am so sorry, Harry,” Remus said ruffling Harry's hair.

“Is Professor Snape going to be alright?” Harry's eyes never left his Professor.

“Sirius just stunned him,” Remus said. “We'll just wait it out. He'll be fine.

Remus turned and walked out of the room to find his wayward friend, that let his pride get the better of him, and see if he's alright.

Harry sat on the floor beside the couch and leaned his head down on Severus' shoulder.

How could things have gotten so wrong? Harry thought. He was so happy to see Sirius, but he didn't understand why he would go after Professor Snape like that. He had told him in his letter that Professor Snape was good to him. Why would he act like that?

Harry did not move from that spot and wouldn't move until his professor woke up.

Remus walked through the house looking for his hotheaded friend. It didn't take long to find the animagus. Sirius was sitting in his room on the bed, his face full of dejection. Remus sighed and walked in the room.

“Padfoot,” Remus called out.

“I really screwed everything up didn't I?” Sirius asked.

Remus sighed as he sat down on the bed next to his friend.

“Did you see how he looked at me?” Sirius asked. “He actually had fear in his eyes.”

“Sirius, you are going to have to reign in that temper of yours.”

“But Snivellus...”

“That's another thing,” Remus admonished. “If you want Harry to see you other than an attacker, you need to stop insulting Severus. You owe him more than you know.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Well, if you weren't so eager to hurt Severus, he was going to tell you. He was coming to ask for your help with Harry. But now, it looks like you're going to have to win Harry's trust now. Right now, he is sitting at Severus' side and I doubt Harry will move until he awakens.”

Remus stood up and walked towards the door.

“Fix this.”

With that, Remus walked out of the room and left Sirius alone with his thoughts.

TBC